Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls!

Not airballing my layups anymore LOGoods7's Avatar

Default Re: Dark Souls!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
    FUUUU... It took me almost 12 hours of game time just to ring that fxxking first bell, ugh!

Kept getting murked from that minotaur on the bridge, and once i finally killed dude... FROOM! got burnt from a fxxking dragon. I couldn't even kill the damn thing so I found another path under a bridge and came across an armored boar; bastard was tough. Made it to the hall and had fought with a huge black knight and a fxxking sorcerer. But after all of that ordeal, Nothing has made me rage more than those fxxcking gargoyles, fxxk them to hell!

I swear, i knew this game was going to be challenging, but fxxk! I don't know how i did it, but i have to take a break from this game for now. Because I almost lost my sh!t, dude (and im a pretty chill dude, too). I have a love/hate feeling towards this game.

Its so frustrating because i usually am a fast paced player but this game literally takes me out my comfort zone - which is a good thing - and makes you approach it slowly and methodically, which games today never do. I'll get back to this game eventually but for now, my pride is wounded. This game has literally kicked my ass in every which way possible.
    Just gotta figure out easier ways to beat bosses/enemies, which is also why the game is dope. For the minotaur on the bridge, climbing to the top of the tower and using fall attacks will kill him in like 3 hits...he fell off the bridge in my playthrough

For the armored boar, if you notice the flames around him you can just lure him into one and he'll get stuck and die

Won't lie about the gargoyles though, they were a pain in the ass especially when the other one comes and breathes fire at you, I just summoned another dude who helped me finish them pretty easily

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

FUUUU... It took me almost 12 hours of game time just to ring that fxxking first bell, ugh!

Kept getting murked from that minotaur on the bridge, and once i finally killed dude... FROOM! got burnt from a fxxking dragon. I couldn't even kill the damn thing so I found another path under a bridge and came across an armored boar; bastard was tough. Made it to the hall and had fought with a huge black knight and a fxxking sorcerer. But after all of that ordeal, Nothing has made me rage more than those fxxcking gargoyles, fxxk them to hell!

I swear, i knew this game was going to be challenging, but fxxk! I don't know how i did it, but i have to take a break from this game for now. Because I almost lost my sh!t, dude (and im a pretty chill dude, too). I have a love/hate feeling towards this game.

Its so frustrating because i usually am a fast paced player but this game literally takes me out my comfort zone - which is a good thing - and makes you approach it slowly and methodically, which games today never do. I'll get back to this game eventually but for now, my pride is wounded. This game has literally kicked my ass in every which way possible.
    Don't fret. It took me almost as long to get up to that bell part too. It took me about 8 tries to beat those gargoyles. The part that makes me rage is when I let the rats poison me.

It will take more than 50 hours to pass this game. A friend of mine is at 70 hours and near the end.

I did what you're thinking of doing in Demon's Souls. I put it down for about 8 months and came back to it renewed. I don't recommend putting it down that long....just take a break. I take a few days off from Dark Souls and come back refreshed.

By the way, did you get the Drake Sword from the Red Dragon. It's a big help. Velocirap gave me the strategy on how to get it and it makes things easier. In short, aim and shoot the red dragon's tail with about 30-50 arrows and it'll drop the bada$$ Drake Sword.

I'm thinking of buying this game but need some advice. How long is it? Is it really that hard? Is it the kind of game in which you "just hit buttons"?

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    I'm thinking of buying this game but need some advice. How long is it? Is it really that hard? Is it the kind of game in which you "just hit buttons"?
    First play through will take around 50 or 60 hours if you take your time (which you have to). If you try hitting buttons and hack and slashing, you will probably die within a minute of starting the game. You need good timing for attacks and block when appropriate. The real challenge are the bosses because they attack very often and never let up. However, once you beat the game a few times and reach ng+++ etc, the strong normal enemies become bosses themselves basically and can one-shot you.

The multiplayer is the best aspect of the game (it will be improved massively once Namco releases patch 1.05). I've platinumed the game so I just invade people like crazy and it is a lot of fun to do that. If you've played Demon Souls like I have then this game is not that hard except for a few irritating bosses (Ornstein and Smough especially). New players complain about the gargoyles, but the Demon Souls gargoyles were way harder.

I would recommend buying this game to anyone who doesn't get too easily frustrated and can learn from their mistakes. Its a game you'll come back to consistently and if you have friends with the game, it becomes even more fun (pvp vs. friends is great).

took me 70 hours to finish
    its worth the buy for sure there is no other game like it on the market

Like LebronairJAMES said....there really is nothing like it out. It can be frustrating at times, but if you keep at it....it's so satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    Like LebronairJAMES said....there really is nothing like it out. It can be frustrating at times, but if you keep at it....it's so satisfying.
    this
    its a keeper for sure

Not airballing my layups anymore LOGoods7's Avatar

Just got cursed by those bastard frog things in the sewers

Quote Originally Posted by LOGoods7
    Haha that sucks man. That's early in the game to so no easy way to cure it. Save up 3000 souls and buy the cure from the gargoyle tower guy I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by LOGoods7
    i hate those frogs more then i hate the boses

I'm currently playing Red Dead Redemption, but I think I'll get this when I finish.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    Don't fret. It took me almost as long to get up to that bell part too. It took me about 8 tries to beat those gargoyles. The part that makes me rage is when I let the rats poison me.

It will take more than 50 hours to pass this game. A friend of mine is at 70 hours and near the end.

I did what you're thinking of doing in Demon's Souls. I put it down for about 8 months and came back to it renewed. I don't recommend putting it down that long....just take a break. I take a few days off from Dark Souls and come back refreshed.

By the way, did you get the Drake Sword from the Red Dragon. It's a big help. Velocirap gave me the strategy on how to get it and it makes things easier. In short, aim and shoot the red dragon's tail with about 30-50 arrows and it'll drop the bada$$ Drake Sword.
    I basically researched the drake sword you mentioned and realized ive been playing this game wrong all along. i made a new character with warrior class and started all over. Ive gotten the drake sword and im still farming in the undead burg. ive killed my first black knight and havel to get their rings. im basically trying to level up while honing my fighting skills. this game is fxxking awesome!!! I played skyrim for about 5 hours and yet i couldnt stop thinking about dark souls. i already sent back skyrim to gamefly because i knew i wasnt going to be playing it anytime soon. i thought i was going to be playing skyward sword exclusively once it comes out. but now i think ill alternate both dark souls and zelda because dark is soo gratifying. thanks dude for telling me about the drake sword and basically adding anothet dimension in what is a hella hard but addicting game. it really opened my eyes.
    Last edited by glidedrxlr22; 11-18-2011 at 11:29 AM.

I basically researched the drake sword you mentioned and realized ive been playing this game wrong all along. i made a new character with warrior class and started all over. Ive gotten the drake sword and im still farming in the undead burg. ive killed my first black knight and havel to get their rings. im basically trying to level up while honing my fighting skills. this game is fxxking awesome!!! I played skyrim for about 5 hours and yet i couldnt stop thinking about dark souls. i already sent back skyrim to gamefly because i knew i wasnt going to be playing it anytime soon. i thought i was going to be playing skyward sword exclusively once it comes out. but now i think ill alternate both dark souls and zelda because dark is soo gratifying. thanks dude for telling me about the drake sword and basically adding anothet dimension in what is a hella hard but addicting game. it really opened my eyes.
    I'm currently taking a break from DS as I'm trying to complete Uncharted 3. No matter how many weeks/months it takes, I will complete DS.

The Drake Sword was truly effective when I was strong enough(strength 16) to wield it one handed with a shield. Otherwise, as I'm sure you know, if you do the strong attack with a two arm wield you do that crazy ground pound attack that wears down your sword. What's cool is that eventhough the Drake sword is powerful, you still can't mess around and just count on it for hack and slash. You still have to be smart about fighting....like you said...hone your fighting skills.

By the way, did you play Demon's Souls. If not, give it a try. I recommend it all the way.

Dark Souls is now patched! Multiplayer is now way better and there are souls signs everywhere. However, all the glitches I mentioned (Dragon Head, Snuggly the crow) are now fixed and can not be used.

Bump for the best game this year. Play Dark Souls guys!