Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Assassin's creed 3

Going to be unveiled next monday (march 5)
    but pictures have leaked online

soo it looks like it'll be set during the american revolution? ...

im down for a change in scenery. ubisoft already predicting this will be their biggest game launch ever.

so im sure its gonna be sick

Default Re: Assassin's creed 3

awesome idea using the revolutionary war era

I know many AC fans have been crying out for the American revolutionary era, but I'm not so sure about it. I would've loved them going back further in time like Ancient Egypt or Greece. But yeah this could turn out pretty sick indeed if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    I know many AC fans have been crying out for the American revolutionary era, but I'm not so sure about it. I would've loved them going back further in time like Ancient Egypt or Greece. But yeah this could turn out pretty sick indeed if done right.
    I agree going further back would have been better. Mostly because one of the things I love about AC is the architecture and how beautiful/accurate the maps are.

There's not a whole hell of a lot you can do with colonial America.

Great college starter craigthomasb's Avatar

interdasting

I dont care where it is, aslong as I get more AC!

such a great series

is this going to be the last one though?? would love a modern day one to finnish it all, remember hearing it has to end this year (2012 etc)

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I agree going further back would have been better. Mostly because one of the things I love about AC is the architecture and how beautiful/accurate the maps are.

I hope a large part of the story would take place in London. But hey, you don't know.

The cities were about 50,000 people big, the larger ones (like NY). That's a good size game city. Plus London, Paris could be included. They were included in the intrique of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10

i doubt ancient egypt had enough tall buildings and vertical variation for a game like assassins creed to work.

There were some big cities in colonial america. NY, Boston, and Philly were all well established by the time the revolutionary war started.

Banned

Some facts about the game

- Game has been in development for three years. Possibly after the completion of Assassin's Creed II.

- A completely new ancestor of Desmond Miles.

- The name of the game’s new protagonist will be Connor (as he calls himself), although his birth name is Ratohnhake:ton. He is half English, half Native American, and is described as more of a hunter/ predatory Assassin than the likes of Ezio or Altair. He is described as a freedom fighter who acts in the name of justice rather than acting based on personal revenge. The American Revolution setting means that the supporting cast includes the likes of George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee. Connor’s interaction with Washington is one of the core relationships in the game.

Assassin’s Creed III will be set between 1753 and 1783, in and around the cities of Boston and New York. Locations like Bunker Hill, Valley Forge and Saratoga are mentioned. New York especially ties in with Desmond’s location at the conclusion of Revelations. There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, only they will not be given by Subject 16 this time around. In addition, the economic system of the game has been reformed.

- The protagonist will fight on the American side, with primary allies George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee. However, this does not mean that the Americans are the good guys and the British are the bad guys. Templars are everywhere…

- There will be seasons in the game, meaning that the sun will shine during summer and the landscape will be covered in snow during winter.

- Fighting and stealth will be completely re-innovated, with Connor being compared to a “predator”. The player will be able to climb trees and other natural elements, and dual-wielding weapons such as a dagger and a mohawk is now also an option.

- Animals will be present in the woods, like deer and bears. The player will be able to kill them and pelt their skins, to sell them later with the reformed economic system of the game.

- There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, only they will not be given by Subject 16.

- Desmond will go into the new Animus 3.0 and will find himself going into “significant events”.

- 100% sync in memories returns, though this time you will be rewarded when you complete memories to 100%.

- Checkpoints will also be introduced to mission replay, meaning you don’t have to replay an entire mission to get that 100% sync.

- The Brotherhood, or Assassins Guild, will return in some form, albeit differently than we have seen before.

- There will be no more Mercenaries, Thieves, Courtesans, Romani or other factions, but there will be a replacement for them.

- Den Defense will not return.

- Release date slated for October 30th, 2012

- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations are considered spin off games, BUT is canon for the universe. Ubisoft only numbers an Assassin's Creed game when there is a new ancestor AND time period.

You are thinking to small bro. As others have mentioned, NY, Philly,Boston,etc...were developed cities. Then they can also throw in Quebec city for added measure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_...bec_%281775%29

Not saying size. dammit

I SAID ARCHITECTURE!!!! The environments play a big role in my liking of series okay?

When, I wonder are we goign to play as desmond in the modern times?

Banned

i thought it was gonna be modern day with desmond as a conclusion to the series, but this sounds better. as long as there isn't an assassins creed 3.1 and 3.2.

Finally picked up the OG AC game for 8 bucks because of all the hype. I really like that the fighting is too difficult to just mash buttons in a crowd so stealth is important although its fun to pull out the small sword and take on crowds. Only played for a few hours but I can already tell ill be buying all the AC games.

Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Finally picked up the OG AC game for 8 bucks because of all the hype. I really like that the fighting is too difficult to just mash buttons in a crowd so stealth is important although its fun to pull out the small sword and take on crowds. Only played for a few hours but I can already tell ill be buying all the AC games.
    i might just order the first AC off amazon today, because well if you like it, i'm obviously going to like it