Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default It's a fact that Lebron's PF's are all better than 97' and 98' Rodman

Playoff averages for 97' Rodman versus Lebron's 3rd best player and worse:

1997 Rodman........ 4/8 on 37%

2006 Gooden......... 8/8 on 53%
    2006 Zydrunas..... 10/6 on 45%
    2006 Donyell M.... 10/6 on 43%

2007 Gooden........ 11/8 on 49%

2009 Zydrunas...... 11/8 on 45%

2010 Shaq........... 12/6 on 52%

And after that he had Bosh or Love.....

Plus Tristan averaged 7/9 on 53% during the 2016 playoff run..

Also, Rodman wasn't the starter in the 1998 playoffs and averaged 4/8 in those Finals - Kukoc started at PF, so many of Lebron's 3rd best teammates were better, such as Bosh, Love, Zydrunas, 10' Shaq, 10' Mo Williams, Ray Allen and more.

Default Re: It's a fact that Lebron's PF's are all better than 97' and 98' Rodman

Now compare the defense

Default Re: It's a fact that Lebron's PF's are all better than 97' and 98' Rodman

Shaq
    PF

The irony with 3ball is he (allegedly) hates that LeBron gets compared to Jordan, yet he compares the two of them, usually multiple times, literally every single day

Quote Originally Posted by Vino24
    Now compare the defense
    Lebron had the higher ranked defensive teams - far superior bigs and far more athletic guards

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Rodman played more minutes per game in the 98 playoffs than Bosh or Love in any of Lebron 3 title runs but I

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Rodman played more minutes per game in the 98 playoffs than Bosh or Love in any of Lebron 3 title runs but I’m sure calling him a non starter isn’t about painting an accurate picture. It’s just amusing to hear you say it so often.
    When did Lebron win a ring with Bosh or Love averaging 4/8 on 37% for an entire playoff run (97'), or 4/8 for a Finals (98')??

I'll wait

Lebron simply had better bigs (Zydrunas, Shaq, Drew Gooden, Mosgov, Birdman) and far more athletic guards (shumpert, allen, JR Smtih, etc), so his teams had a lot more depth and defensive athleticism

3ball is so shook that Lebron has surpassed his hero - it's a sad sight to see.

Super Handsome East River Livn''s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vino24
    Now compare the defense
    Damn. I thought the thread would have ended here

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    The irony with 3ball is he (allegedly) hates that LeBron gets compared to Jordan, yet he compares the two of them, usually multiple times, literally every single day

I am convinced he is a LeBron fan always giving him the attention and credibility he deserves. No one else even has a CHANCE to be compared to MJ the way LBJ and 3ball loves propping LeBron up.

A beautiful sight to see.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCoolKid
    MJ had the playoff points title locked up at 5.9k for the longest time until along came Bron Boi and destroyed that record by 1k, now sitting at 6.9k playoff points.

It stings him everyday I'm sure of it

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Love put up 8.5/6.8 a game on 36% shooting as a player primarily there for scoring in the 2016 finals. And that fact has absolutely nothing to do with if Lebron is as good as Jordan. It’s just trivia. Means precisely....dick. At least in a player comparison the way you generally try to force everything to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCoolKid

It's funny that Lebron gets credit for winning in 2016 like it was an upset, when his 15' Cavs were big favorites to win it all when they first assembled, and were considered the more talented team:

"the 2014-15 Cleveland Cavaliers figure to be a very good basketball team after acquiring Kevin Love from the Minnesota Timberwolves in a trade this week. That move came on top of the offseason’s biggest coup — persuading LeBron James to return to Ohio after a four-season stint in Miami — [COLOR="DarkRed"]and it gives the Cavs two of the top six or so players in the NBA[/COLOR]. According to our calculations, Cleveland has the talent to rattle off more than 60 wins next season."

"... [COLOR="DarkRed"]the Cavaliers are considered the favorites to win next year’s NBA championship[/COLOR]. A lot of that is due to James’s return, but it doesn’t hurt that [COLOR="darkred"]he’ll play with the most gifted set of teammates he’s ever had[/COLOR].

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ing-cast-ever/

So that's 2 times he was gifted a super-team that was favored to win the championship in Year 1

Yet he failed the first time in a big choke (11'), and he succeeded in 16' but the victory was overrated and infact initially expected.

the guy is a fraud no matter what you say and the facts bear that out everywhere you look... For example, what's a tougher path - being gifted a super-team that is favored in Year 1 (lebron), or developing into favorite status over many years? (mj)... It's not even close
    Last edited by 3ball; 11-15-2019 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Love put up 8.5/6.8 a game on 36% shooting as a player primarily there for scoring in the 2016 finals. And that fact has absolutely nothing to do with if Lebron is as good as Jordan. It’s just trivia. Means precisely....dick. At least in a player comparison the way you generally try to force everything to be used.
    Ban op. If you won’t perms ban him, at the very least he needs a break. Constant spamming.

[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]Love put up 8.5/6.8 a game on 36% shooting as a player primarily there for scoring in the 2016 finals. And that fact has absolutely nothing to do with if Lebron is as good as Jordan. It