Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default the sad thing about the OKC loss is that Steve Adams was scoring at WILL

whenever he got the ball in the post. Guy is an absolute monster yet Wetsbrick out there chucking the 31 shot salute

Default Re: the sad thing about the OKC loss is that Steve Adams was scoring at WILL

In the right situation Adams is a 16/12 guy. This isn't the right situation, obviously.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: the sad thing about the OKC loss is that Steve Adams was scoring at WILL

I remember watching him casually back down and easily scoring.

I said okay, hopefully they keep going to him.

He didn't get another opportunity for 20+ minutes.

What's his contract like?? Needs to get the hell out of there

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

What league have you guys been watching to still be surprised Coaches don’t want those shots? Don’t ask me why because I grew up with those being the shots you wanted and it’s the way I would like to see the game played but it isnt. If Donovan wanted Stephen Adams post up to be a focal point it would be. Adams can score. Kanter can score. Jonas. Okafor. I bet Al Jefferson still could.

Coaches do not give a shit.

To me teams should keep a reliable back to the basket scorer as something of a closer. Get the big lead and feed the beast to reduce the chances you go cold outside and blow your lead. Do it like running the ball in the NFL. Just slow it down kill the clock and let your big man score at 55 to 60%.

Especially now that a lot of the people in question can also shoot. They will make fts if you foul.

Teams will just ignore that inside advantage and bomb away and let the lead evaporate because of the long term analytic advantage of taking threes.

But long term doesn’t help you for the next 4 minutes.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]What league have you guys been watching to still be surprised Coaches don

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    What league have you guys been watching to still be surprised Coaches don’t want those shots? Don’t ask me why because I grew up with those being the shots you wanted and it’s the way I would like to see the game played but it isnt. If Donovan wanted Stephen Adams post up to be a focal point it would be. Adams can score. Kanter can score. Jonas. Okafor. I bet Al Jefferson still could.

To me teams should keep a reliable back to the basket scorer as something of a closer. Get the big lead and feed the beast to reduce the chances you go cold outside and blow your lead. Do it like running the ball in the NFL. Just slow it down kill the clock and let your big man score at 55 to 60%.

Especially not that a lot of the people in question can also shoot. They will make fats if you foul.

Teams will just ignore that inside advantage and bomb away and let the lead evaporate because of the long term analytic advantage of taking threes.

100%

One hundred ****ing percent accurate. Especially bolded.

It’s amazing to me that so many NBA coaches just ignore this shit. It really is. It’s like... how... how the **** did you get that job because you clearly didn’t earn it.

Adams is not a go to scorer. If you guys think he can score at will, you haven't been paying attention. He needs to be set up for dunks

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Adams is not a go to scorer. If you guys think he can score at will, you haven't been paying attention. He needs to be set up for dunks
    Yup Adams is not a scorer he can score in small spurt moments but he is not some top level scoring guy just becos he got a some nice dunks in transition

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    so the coach wanted Westbrook to take 31 shots?

he should be fired if that's the case
    If you have evidence he called plays for Adams that were ignored I

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

Especially now that a lot of the people in question can also shoot. They will make fts if you foul.

That's cute that you think Westbrook listens to coaches.

It doesn't matter what Donovan wants.

I watched Donovan here in Gainesville closely since 1998; the Thunder play nothing like what he wants.

Donovan loves ball movement like SA, Denver, GS, etc.

Westbrook has been enabled to do whatever he wants on and off the court in OKC because their franchise knows it'll have a hard time attracting stars.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    That's a boldfaced lie.

I've seen him countless times score on his own with no setup.

He scored last night on his own without the bird feed.

Why lie?

He may not be a go to scorer, but he can score without being bird fed and should get more opportunities.

Aquaman deserves better

I think what's more surprising is that despite the 3's not falling for long stretches teams refuse to play the inside game. Great teams have a balance.

[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]What league have you guys been watching to still be surprised Coaches don