Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Default Re: RIP Russell Westbrook

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    The blazers played hard and wanted it more, too many of the games Okc just stood around launching 3s. (Which they're terrible at)

Russ should definitely slide to the 2 and they could get a decent pg to facilitate. Adams is a monster but barely touches the ball.

Come to think of it, 3 point shooting has been OKCs downfall for years now
    Agreed.

No business at the 1 anymore. Just a bit too reckless for my taste, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Would he get half the blame if he averaged 2-3 less rebounds and assists per game?

I don't think the assists or rebounds are the issue here, it's just that his scoring ability has diminished over the years & he shouldn't be shooting more jump shots than George, though who could fault him when George himself was shooting like shit for most of the series in winnable games, bricking wide open 3s in Game 1 when they should have won that one.

Yup. The way media is spinning this, you would think that being a good playmaker & rebounder is a bad thing, it only seems to be the case when it's Westbrook. They'll pull a clip or two of him fighting over a rebound like no one else does it in the NBA to make it look like he's not playing to win. The series was closer than the 4 - 1 would indicate, but that's how it goes sometimes.
    I've seen this dude literally outjump opposing centers for rebounds. He may be padding his assist numbers (with non-shooters alongside of him, still making it more impressive), but he's not padding those rebounds. Dude get's in there and does what Coaches teach high school kids/college kids all the time; help out your centers with rebounding.

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    I've seen this dude literally outjump opposing centers for rebounds. He may be padding his assist numbers (with non-shooters alongside of him, still making it more impressive), but he's not padding those rebounds. Dude get's in there and does what Coaches teach high school kids/college kids all the time; help out your centers with rebounding.
    Bigs box out for him to get the rebound and initiate the offense quicker, it's a strategy that has obviously helped them win games, but unfortunately they lack the perimeter shooting to keep up with modern NBA offenses.

I can't recall the last time Thunder had a good 3-point shooting team, has to be like 2012 or 2013.

I can't recall the last time Thunder had a good 3-point shooting team, has to be like 2012 or 2013.

you mean the era when thabo sefalosha was deemed a perimeter "threat"?

I don't think they were ever good from the perimeter. Maybe when they had that dude Morris who ONLY shot three's

you mean the era when thabo sefalosha was deemed a perimeter "threat"?

I don't think they were ever good from the perimeter. Maybe when they had that dude Morris who ONLY shot three's
    Thabo was actually good from 3 and they had Kevin Martin in one of those seasons as well.

Thabo was actually good from 3 and they had Kevin Martin in one of those seasons as well.
    real shooters stay in the league forever, bruh. Once Kevin Martin started getting his shit tipped/swatted because of his funny release, it was a wrap.

Thabo BURIED at the end of the Hawks bench and getting the beats put on him by cops and shit

meanwhile, Korver.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GOAT2408
    Westbrook needs to shoot less and focus more on defense, I don't see it happening because he likes his triple doubles too much
    Westbrook had 4 steals and 2 blocks this game. Problem is his shooting 11/31 in an elimination game.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    The blazers played hard and wanted it more, too many of the games Okc just stood around launching 3s. (Which they're terrible at)

Russ should definitely slide to the 2 and they could get a decent pg to facilitate. Adams is a monster but barely touches the ball.

Come to think of it, 3 point shooting has been OKCs downfall for years now
    Been saying this for a few years now. Preferably a Mike Conley type....

karma for being too sensitive about little boy touching him and too sensitive about fans yelling at him in-game

Agreed.

No business at the 1 anymore. Just a bit too reckless for my taste, tbh.
    He has not business at the 2 either.

He has never been a good shooter. He is just an "exciting" player. Guy shoots 43% career, and 30% from 3 - he has no place in today's NBA but he gets you a triple double because he is all over the court, and talks trash....and he turns the ball over EVERY other assist

guy is garbage.

3-time NBA All-Star

Would he get half the blame if he averaged 2-3 less rebounds and assists per game?

I don't think the assists or rebounds are the issue here, it's just that his scoring ability has diminished over the years & he shouldn't be shooting more jump shots than George, though who could fault him when George himself was shooting like shit for most of the series in winnable games, bricking wide open 3s in Game 1 when they should have won that one.

Yup. The way media is spinning this, you would think that being a good playmaker & rebounder is a bad thing, it only seems to be the case when it's Westbrook. They'll pull a clip or two of him fighting over a rebound like no one else does it in the NBA to make it look like he's not playing to win. The series was closer than the 4 - 1 would indicate, but that's how it goes sometimes.
    passing isnt bad if you arent the scorer. Its when youre the scorer and passer at the same time. Its just hard for other players to be in rhythm and happy if one player does it all. Others want to be appreciated too. Thats just leadership 101.

3-time NBA All-Star

But that tells you his IQ tho. Hes willing to take risks getting injured for those rebounds. Body is the most important asset of an athlete and its the main reason why shorter players never bothered going for double digit rebounds. Its just not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    passing isnt bad if you arent the scorer. Its when youre the scorer and passer at the same time. Its just hard for other players to be in rhythm and happy if one player does it all. Others want to be appreciated too. Thats just leadership 101.
    I agree with him not being smart about his scoring, he really needs someone to check him on that and George obviously isn't the guy to do it.

I mean he did take a back seat this year to George and allowed him to average close to 40 ppg for a long stretch in the RS, but George stinking it up in the POs really turns him into a chucker. It's like what are we expecting him to do, when his teammate goes 4/15 on wide open 3s in a 5 pt loss..

PG in 11 Playoff games in OKC: 27/7/3 4 TO 56%TS. Now it looks pretty average for PG actually, but then you dive in and see him disappear in the biggest games that are only decided by a few points.

Just like last year. They lose 4 - 2. Then you look at PG's 6/21 in a 7 pt loss in Game 2 and 2/16 6 TO in a 5 pt loss in Game 6..That's a series they should have won in 6 games. Paul George will never be Kevin Durant.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

OKC was just fine at the start because Westbrook was playing pass first.

But he just can't play the right way for long.

Hijacking the offense with low percentage shots is like crack for him; he starts tweaking after playing winning ball for a few minutes.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar