Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Throwback game Barkley vs MJ

Quote Originally Posted by AussieSteve
    So Jordan was personally responsible for his teammates shooting a higher %?

Jordan was personally responsible for his teammates (excluding himself) grabbing 33 steals compared to Barkley's grabbing only 21.

Jordan was personally responsible for Barkley's teammates commiting 85 turnovers compared to 42 by his own teammates.

And Jordan's higher scoring production was exclusively due to his superior skills and nothing to do with his defensive matchups?

Is this what you are saying?
    Like I just told Round Mound

the Philly cast drastically outscored the Bulls' cast, and only lost because MJ scored 21 more than Barkley - you forget that there's only 1 stat on the scoreboard - scoring

Again, no one talked about Pippen or Grant back then like you guys talk about them now. It's sheer revisionist history

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    And yet the Philly cast drastically outscored the Bulls' cast, and only lost because MJ scored 21 more than Barkley

Again, no one talked about Pippen or Grant back then like you guys talk about them now. It's sheer revisionist history
    Ok you win Pippen and Grant where average defenders and not better than the frontline the Sixers had.

So Jordan was personally responsible for his teammates shooting a higher %?

Jordan was personally responsible for his teammates (excluding himself) grabbing 33 steals compared to Barkley's grabbing only 21.

Jordan was personally responsible for Barkley's teammates commiting 85 turnovers compared to 42 by his own teammates.

And Jordan's higher scoring production was exclusively due to his superior skills and nothing to do with his defensive matchups?

Is this what you are saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    Ok you win Pippen and Grant where average defenders and not better than the frontline the Sixers had.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    3-ball will do whatever it takes to put down MJ's teamates

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

He's impossible to take seriously. You're a Chuck stan, but you at least can reason. This clown 3ball has Jordan's head so far up his ass that he's incapable of giving anyone else on the Bulls any due. He thinks guys like Jae Crowder, Shumpert, Mcgee, Larry Hughes, Ilgauskas, Chandler, and Tristan Thompson = Pippen defensively...doesn't that say it all? I've said it before and I'll say it again...I don't understand why anyone still engages with him anymore. It's impossible to have any kind of real basketball discussion with him. His obsessive and extreme bias makes it pointless. He's been going on like this for years. We've all heard it all before by now. He doesn't say anything new.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 04-23-2019 at 02:16 AM.

3-ball will do whatever it takes to put down MJ's teamates
    He literally said Pippen and Shumpert was a defensive wash

And completely forgot about Rodman magically

Oh 3ball..what a joke of a forum poster you've become

I'm saying they didn't play good defense because the sixers cast drastically outscored the bulls cast

The only way the sixers can lose when their cast outscores the opponent's is if their #1 option gets outscored.... .. and that's what happened - MJ scored 21 more than Barkley

And Barkley only took 16 shots despite great efficiency - so they weren't locking him up either..

Ultimately, everyone on the sixers got off but they lost because MJ scored so much... Barkley should've been more aggressive because he needed to come closer to matching MJ - he can't get outscored by 21 and expect to win

National High School Star

Like I just told Round Mound

the Philly cast drastically outscored the Bulls' cast, and only lost because MJ scored 21 more than Barkley - you forget that there's only 1 stat on the scoreboard - scoring

Why do you always avoid directly answering my questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    He's impossible to take seriously. You're a Chuck stan, but you at least can reason. This clown 3ball has Jordan's head so far up his ass that he's incapable of giving anyone else on the Bulls any due. He thinks a guy like Jae Crowder = Pippen defensively...doesn't that say it all?

Perfectly said.

Why do you always avoid directly answering my questions?
    None of you guys answer my questions or directly respond to my posts.. just pure deflections and betaness

Otoh, I directly responded to your post by making a superceding point that nullified yours.. go back and re-read our exchange

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

None of you guys answer my questions or directly respond to my posts.. just pure deflections and betaness

Otoh, I directly responded to your post by making a superceding point that nullified yours.. go back and re-read our exchange
    Everything you say is basically obsessive nonsense. It's impossible to respond to anything you say when it's all Jordan on a pedestal bullshit. Your hero worship makes you incapable of seeing anything with any type of reason or logic. Everything you post is just to raise Jordan up while pushing other players down.

National High School Star

I'm saying they didn't play good defense because the sixers cast drastically outscored the bulls cast

The only way the sixers can lose when their cast outscores the opponent's is if their #1 option gets outscored.... .. and that's what happened - MJ scored 21 more than Barkley

And Barkley only took 16 shots despite great efficiency - so they weren't locking him up either..

Ultimately, everyone on the sixers got off but they lost because MJ scored so much... Barkley should've been more aggressive because he needed to come closer to matching MJ - he can't get outscored by 21 and expect to win
    When one player puts up 31.5 shots a game, of course all his team mates score less. Doesn't mean they are worse... there's only so many possessions to go around.

He didn't 'need' to score more. He chose to score more.

MJ scoring on hersey hawkins single coverage was most often the best option for the bulls. The 76ers game plan was usually to have Barkley draw the double and kick it out to find the open man. Which he usually did, but his team mates often bricked their shots.

Furthermore... Jordan's teammates gave him 9 extra possessions a game to score from compared to Barkley's, through all the extra turnovers they forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Everything you say is basically obsessive nonsense. It's impossible to respond to anything you say when it's all Jordan on a pedestal bullshit. Your hero worship makes you incapable of seeing anything with any type of reason or logic. Everything you post is just to raise Jordan up while pushing other players down.
    I made a simple point that you guys can't refute:

The only way the sixers can lose when their cast outscores the opponent's is if their #1 option gets outscored.... .. and that's what happened - MJ scored 21 more than Barkley..

Barkley should've been more aggressive because he needed to come closer to matching MJ - he can't get outscored by 21 and expect to win

Ultimately, there's only 1 stat on the scoreboard - scoring.

And how are you guys still overvaluing other categories for #1 options? Haven't Lillard and durant proven that goat scoring and decent assists > triple-double or double-double crap??

When one player puts up 31.5 shots a game, of course all his team mates score less. Doesn't mean they are worse... there's only so many possessions to go around.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]He didn't 'need' to score more. He chose to score more.
    [/COLOR]

MJ scoring on hersey hawkins single coverage was most often the best option for the bulls. The 76ers game plan was usually to have Barkley draw the double and kick it out to find the open man. Which he usually did, but his team mates often bricked their shots.

Furthermore... Jordan's teammates gave him 9 extra possessions a game to score from compared to Barkley's, through all the extra turnovers they forced.
    Pippen's 20 ppg was actually above his normal capacity in 1990 - and 20 was near his capacity his entire career.. he can't get much more and never has

Pippen always ranged between 15-22 ppg and MJ always scored much more than that.. So the bulls needed MJ to score because everyone was at their normal averages - those averages represented weak offensive help, so MJ had to score goat amounts

Teammates played to capacity next to MJ, and the stats show that .. but this capacity still required a 1 man show from MJ - the stats speak for themselves

Brw, Barkley's teammates were playing to capacity too and actually crushing it - it was Barkley that had a huge deficit to MJ and needed to elevate to MJ's level to win... It's like, "well what's Barkley supposed to do? Average 40???".... Yup .. MJ had to..
    Last edited by 3ball; 04-23-2019 at 03:00 AM.