Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: NHL is a better product than the NBA

All I know is the best team in the league got swept and REKT in the 1st round

Imagine if that happened to the Warriors. Exactly, I can't even picture it.

Last season

The NHL playoffs are awesome but the regular season is ponderous. Yup, I said ponderous.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Hockey fans are a more loyal and passionate group. (Except Canucks fans....or Vancouver sports fans in general)
    Going to games are much more exciting with fans who are really invested. The league Asli did a good job of creating parity. Take a look at some teams that have no business having a hockey team have crazy success. Tampa, Columbus, Carolina....NHL is a better product, NBA is just more universal.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    Hockey fans are a more loyal and passionate group. (Except Canucks fans....or Vancouver sports fans in general)
    Going to games are much more exciting with fans who are really invested. The league Asli did a good job of creating parity. Take a look at some teams that have no business having a hockey team have crazy success. Tampa, Columbus, Carolina....NHL is a better product, NBA is just more universal.
    Hockey is a niche sport. You’re either a die hard fan, or you’re not. You don’t really get casual fans in hockey like you do with NBA/NFL/MLB. That lends itself to the exciting atmosphere at games.

[QUOTE=JohnnySic]Hockey is a niche sport. You

[QUOTE=JohnnySic]Hockey is a niche sport. You

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    It's not just the fanbase, but the game itself which makes it more exciting live. Hockey is a fundamentally more exciting sport than all the others, as the game-winning play can be made at any second.
    Very true as well.

Grew up a big NHL fan in Chicago (go Blackhawks!) but as a tv sport its tough to follow since you can't see the puck half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Grew up a big NHL fan in Chicago (go Blackhawks!) but as a tv sport its tough to follow since you can't see the puck half the time.
    I'm still salty about 2010. We came back from down 0-3 against Boston and then you fggts roasted us in the SCF. Bastards

I hear a lot of American say this. Here we have no problem at all tracking the puck. I wonder if Canadian channels actually adjust screens so it's easier. Because I've never had an issue with it

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    I hear a lot of American say this. Here we have no problem at all tracking the puck. I wonder if Canadian channels actually adjust screens so it's easier. Because I've never had an issue with it
    Its always been a bit of an issue, I remember when FOX Sports started putting a blue tint on the puck during their telecasts. You could see the puck clearly when players pass the puck around but you can't see the damn thing on slapshots

Its always been a bit of an issue, I remember when Fox started putting a blue tint on the puck during their telecasts. You could see the puck clearly when players pass the puck around but you can't see the damn thing on slapshots
    Fox broadcasts their sports in 720p.

NBC broadcasts in 1080p.

I had always wondered why watching football on CBS or NBC was a lot clearer compared to Fox, and found out that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    I'm still salty about 2010. We came back from down 0-3 against Boston and then you fggts roasted us in the SCF. Bastards
    Yeah, those late 2000s early 2010s Blackhawks were a dynasty

Its always been a bit of an issue, I remember when FOX Sports started putting a blue tint on the puck during their telecasts. You could see the puck clearly when players pass the puck around but you can't see the damn thing on slapshots
    I couldn't imagine Fox putting on a good production of the NHL

I do remember the blue puck tracker. That was pretty lame though. It made you focus too much on the tracker and not on the stick handling. Worst idea ever.

Those Blackhawks killed me though. It was Vancouver's version of the Cavaliers to the Raptors. Just couldn't get past them. The one time we did we were so beat up we couldn't finish against the Bruins lol