Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Didn't I Tell Ya'll Denver/Jokic are gonna Choke?

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    Yeah, there is no excuse for you being a 2nd seed and not being able to beat a 7th seed. That's the definition of fools gold right there. I wouldn't feel good about that as a fan.
    Mind you they were 1st seed for a LOOONG time as well.... and its the Spurs with Derozen as the head hancho. Its so cringe. But these losers feel good about it (loser franchise mentality). Jokic is a good main piece for them as they're a perfect fit.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Yeah, there is no excuse for you being a 2nd seed and not being able to beat a 7th seed. That's the definition of fools gold right there. I wouldn't feel good about that as a fan.
    Nobody feels good about it and the series isn't over yet.

Nuggets fans just aren't delusional about it. Jokic had an MVP type season and we wound up the 2nd seed by 1 game. It's not like the West isn't deep or we aren't facing a team with the GOAT coach. Nuggets have the least amount of experience in the entire playoffs. That's a massive deal. 4/5 of our starters this is literally there first big taste of the playoffs. Outside of Millsap/Plumlee we have no playoff experience. Whoever we got in the 1st round was always going to be struggle, and nobody, including Nuggets fans ever saw us contending this year.

I don't see how that's fools gold at all. Nuggets are in there first year with this core. Airtupac shit on us last year for not making the playoffs, and we told him just wait till next year, and look what happened. I'll echo similar thoughts here if we lose. Yeah it sucks .. but wait till next year when they come back with playoff experience. Nuggets are super young, and have a great young core, we'll be in the playoffs for the forseeable future and probably fighting for HC every year going forward now.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

OP makes predictions like throwing 1000 darts simultaneously. One hits the bullseye and he thinks he's a winner. Meanwhile the other 999 miss the dartboard completely.

That's what happens when you OD on a blunt.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    OP makes predictions like throwing 1000 darts simultaneously. One hits the bullseye and he thinks he's a winner. Meanwhile the other 999 miss the dartboard completely.

He's been shitting on the Nuggets for the last half of the decade and is wrong every year. Last year he said we were a loser franchise and couldn't make the the playoffs because we missed out by 1 game and look what happened this year. He's never said we were going to choke, because his original prediction was Denver was never good enough for the playoffs.

Nuggets are in the 1st season post rebuild. A loss would absolutely suck, and I still think it's possible we win this series. Just gotta win today's game and all of a sudden were back on track. It's not the end of the world tho. Denver's going to be better 3 years from now than they are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Mind you they were 1st seed for a LOOONG time as well.... and its the Spurs with Derozen as the head hancho. Its so cringe. But these losers feel good about it (loser franchise mentality). Jokic is a good main piece for them as they're a perfect fit.
    If Jokic is a loser than what does that make Ingram when he's not even the best player on the team and can't get to the playoffs

All the 2nd overall picks L.A had. Far better picks than the Nuggets. Zubac was supposed to be better than Jokic according to you. Nuggets destroyed L.A in the draft. Jokic, Murray, Harris, Nurkic, Monte Morris, Malik Beasley all without a top 5 pick

Jokic is averaging 18/12 shooting 50% from the field, 42% from 3. That doesn't look like choking to me.

Having said that the regular season is different from the playoffs. Denver's depth was a big help during the regular season, but the playoffs are more about stars and experience.

Lmao now these Nugget fans are relying on lies. Where did I say Zubac > Jokic?

Enjoy celebrating a loss in the 1st round. Success for a loser franchise. Other teams only celebrate rings....

Lmao now these Nugget fans are relying on lies. Where did I say Zubac > Jokic?

Enjoy celebrating a loss in the 1st round. Success for a loser franchise. Other teams only celebrate rings....
    When Zubac was a rookie and you thought he'd be the next Marc Gasol. It's not lies. I fully admit I was wrong about Mudiay/Russell. One thing you were 100% right about. That's where all this started basically. Ever since than Denver's just been better at everything than L.A across the board and constantly proves you wrong.

Nobody's saying it's a success, just that it's the start. This is the first year post rebuild. The best has yet to come with this team/roster. For guy's like Jokic. Jokic isn't peaking in his first ever playoffs and he's putting up what right now? 18/12/10 on efficient shooting with good defense? .. first round loss would suck if it happens, nobody's denying that. Just providing logic/context.

Keep living in the past tho. I'd rather lose in the 1st round this season, than celebrate rings from a decade ago or shit in L.A's case in the 80's/early 00's outside of Kobe's last two

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Jokic is averaging 18/12 shooting 50% from the field, 42% from 3. That doesn't look like choking to me.

Having said that the regular season is different from the playoffs. Denver's depth was a big help during the regular season, but the playoffs are more about stars and experience.
    Jokic is a great players but a 2nd/3rd choice player you want in a championship team. He doesn't have the killer instinct to go shoot and bully you the way roughly 5 players in the league have. Nuggets do look like they're just getting started even if they may have a big collapse in the first round. My guess is had Denver made the playoffs last year, there's no way they lose to the Spurs this season.

Not sure what AirTupac is talking about however, Nuggets failing in the first round isn't exactly some gospel only he's stated. While I haven't predicted, plenty of others have seen this coming if the Spurs pull it off. It's just 3 games into the series.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L
    Jokic is a great players but a 2nd/3rd choice player you want in a championship team. He doesn't have the killer instinct to go shoot and bully you the way roughly 5 players in the league have.

Nuggets do look like they're just getting started even if they may have a big collapse in the first round. My guess is had Denver made the playoffs last year, there's no way they lose to the Spurs this season.
    How could Jokic ever be your 3rd best player tho? or even 2nd best player? He's a top 10 player in the league or I guess like at worst top 15. He'll finish top 5 in MVP voting and has a great case for 3rd overall. He's averaging close to 18/12/10 and has dropped 20+ in back to back games. He's had multiple game winners this year as well.

I get Jokic is passive, and I fully agree, but he's not the reason were losing the series right now and for his first ever playoffs he's been pretty good. I don't see why he can't develop a more aggressive approach, as he's improved his scoring average every season in the league.

I won't say he can be the best player on a championship team, because very few are capable of that, but I don't think you can rule it out when he's 24 after his current season. I think he can be the best player on a team that contends eventually tho.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Goes back to my point when franchises have loser mentalities. You play to win. What the *** was the point of the whole season if all your gonna say is "we got experience" niga you were 1st seed for a majority of the season and your fine with being embarassed by Derozen?!?!?! LOWER SEEDED. FUKKKING LOSERS MAN
    Play to win?

I guess the lakers didn

Name one fan that feels good about losing.

Who the hell is arguing otherwise?

It

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy

Exactly

He

[QUOTE=NugzFan]Exactly

He

So you admit they're irrelevent AND losers? Okay lol...