Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cavs/Knicks trade idea Love for Melo

Love+Waiters+Amundson+Joe Harris for Melo and Jr.

Why Knicks do it: Love is younger than Melo, Waiters potential, get rid of JR

Why Cavs do it: Love isnt a good fit, Melo has always played well with Lebron.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Cavs/Knicks trade idea Love for Melo

LeBron needs even more help

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled

I already wrote about a similar trade. I like mine better though...

Love, Waiters, Amundson, Kirk, and a 2nd rounder for Melo, Dalembert, Shumpert

I'm really low on Melo and the Knicks though. I Knick fan earlier said he'd never trade Melo straight up for Love...which I would do in a heartbeat if I'm the Knicks. 4 years younger...worth the chance he doesn't sign in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled

The Cavs could let Love go in the summer, and then sign Marc Gasol to a max deal. They could then move Thompson to power forward, and bring AV off the bench at 4 and 5. In small ball, LBJ moves to 4, in spot minutes. And then they sign another veteran big reserve.

So Love may be a one year rental.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    The Cavs could let Love go in the summer, and then sign Marc Gasol to a max deal. They could then move Thompson to power forward, and bring AV off the bench at 4 and 5. In small ball, LBJ moves to 4, in spot minutes. And then they sign another veteran big reserve.

Who says Marc Gasol wants to play in Cleveland?

3 way trade extra mega deluxe zoomg:

Cavs get: Melo, Mozgov and Shumpert
    Knicks get: Waiters, Love, Jeff Green
    Denver get: Hardaway, Bass, Joe Harris,
    Celtic gets: Every damn pick available

does it work? da f*ck cares?

NBA All-star

couldn't build a team like that when Mike Brown was coaching.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Cavs don't need another scorer and Melo's game might be even harder to fit than Love's. If they traded Love (which would be pretty hard given that he's got the power of having an expiring contract himself) they should go for the best rim protector they can get.

Love and Lebron will be fighting each other to sign w the Knicks this offseason

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan

There's no way in hell Gasol signs in Cleveland. Not only has Memphis been his home forever, they don't have a dysfunctional team, they are a better team and they can offer him more money. Zero chance he's in Cleveland for anything other than a road game.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Cavs don't need another scorer and Melo's game might be even harder to fit than Love's. If they traded Love (which would be pretty hard given that he's got the power of having an expiring contract himself) they should go for the best rim protector they can get.
    Exactly. Melo is such a ball stopper it would be just comical for them to do a deal like this. I support it for comedic reasons alone.

Krust Kingz

I would never trade Melo for Love str8 up. Love is soft and weak. I rather try with a ballhogger than a softy. Both are difficult to win with.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    I would never trade Melo for Love str8 up. Love is soft and weak. I rather try with a ballhogger than a softy. Both are difficult to win with.
    I think what you meant to say is that love is white.

3-time NBA All-Star

Well Melo has a no-trade clause and would never go to Cleveland. Maybe he'll end up in a small market at some point, but definitely not Cleveland.

It is interesting though. I'm assuming that Melo is going to get traded next year if they don't end up with a big time FA. The big free agents available are Love, Gasol, and Rondo. I don't see any reason why Gasol or Rondo would leave where they are for New York. That leaves Love who doesn't seem to happy in New York. But if Phil really is running the show, I have to think that he knows Melo+Love isn't really going to accomplish much. So I'm going to assume Melo gets traded. To where? I could see Charlotte, Miami, or the Lakers try to make a trade for him. As far as Love goes, not sure, but probably the same teams.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Well Melo has a no-trade clause and would never go to Cleveland. Maybe he'll end up in a small market at some point, but definitely not Cleveland.

It is interesting though. I'm assuming that Melo is going to get traded next year if they don't end up with a big time FA. The big free agents available are Love, Gasol, and Rondo. I don't see any reason why Gasol or Rondo would leave where they are for New York. That leaves Love who doesn't seem to happy in New York. But if Phil really is running the show, I have to think that he knows Melo+Love isn't really going to accomplish much. So I'm going to assume Melo gets traded. To where? I could see Charlotte, Miami, or the Lakers try to make a trade for him. As far as Love goes, not sure, but probably the same teams.

You really think Melo would void a trade to the Cavs and not the Hornets?