Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 132021222324 LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: Yi to demand a trade?

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    Uhm, dont facts have to be grounded in reality? Take your petty provincial point of view back to the land of corn, you cracker ass. Wisconsin has better schools (both k-12 and the flagship university) and is a beautiful state (esp. compared to IL). What the **** does the cost of living, etc. have to do with Yi and all this? Grow up
    You tell me to grow up, but you call me a "cracker ass". Is this evidence to support your "better schools" theory?

The facts are grounded in reality. Unfortunately, you must be capable of perceiving reality in order to fully understand that, a feat that you obviously, and hilariously, fail miserably at.

Assumption is for the ignorant and for the lazy who just can't bring themselves to put any effort into finding out the truth. I didn't go to school in Illinois, I went to schools in Indiana, which were poorly funded and generally staffed by people who would rather be elsewhere.

But, you're saying Wisconsin has great schools and is a pretty state. What does _THAT_ have anything to do with Yi?

I wasn't downgrading Wisconsin's cost of living, and in fact wasn't making a point of that outside of my own personal experiences in refusing to live there. But, a basic level of reading comprehension would've helped you figure that out. Maybe next year. However, cost of living has -EVERYTHING- to do with a transplanted employee, regardless of their origin. So, even though I didn't even mention it as such, you had to ask what it had to do with Yi, and by complete roundabout logic, you made the point for me. So, thanks for making yourself look even more like an idiot. The best ones always do all of the work for you.

The fact remains, Wisconsin is not one of the better states in the union and Milwaukee is not one of the better cities. I'm not saying they're the worst, but they're certainly not among the best. However when your criteria for choosing a city is the relative Asian population, Wisconsin is one of the worst states and Milwaukee is one of the worst cities to choose. Again, there are worse. Take Jackson, Mississippi for example.

But even still, it's obvious that no matter how much factual or logical information is posted, people are still going to be ignorant on this matter. So, maybe this will help.

Imagine that you have your choice of 29 American cities (and one Canadian city) to choose to live in. Are you going to pick Milwaukee? I didn't think so.

Now, let's narrow it down. Let's say you have a choice between 5 American cities to live in. Are you going to pick Milwaukee? I didn't think so.

Now let's be a bit more relative to the actual scenario, let's say you're drafted by a city you don't want anything to do with, do you suck it up and live where you don't want to be, or do you do everything in your power to try and go someplace where you feel you have a better chance of succeeding? That's right, you do what's best for you. It's not your fault the morons in Milwaukee picked you.. er Yi.. err.. yeah.

Let's flip the scenario on its ear for a moment. Imagine that Yi was drafted by Memphis and demanded a trade, and Milwaukee was the only person that you could be traded to. Do you stay in Memphis or go to Milwaukee? Exactly. Enjoy the barbecue.

There is -nothing- in Milwaukee, just like there is -nothing- in Wisconsin. At least nothing that anyone outside of Wisconsin gives two ****s about, and -definitely- nothing that a Chinese professional basketball player could give two ****s about. You can feel differently, but unless you're a Chinese basketball player, what you like about Wisconsin really isn't relative, is it? You have to see things from his point of view, you have to take his feeling into account, not just yours. It's not your decision to make after all. See, being able to see things from another person's point of view is a mature, intelligent, empathic thing to do. Give it a try sometime, you might just find you like doing mature, intelligent or empathic things. Just give it a chance.

Enjoy the wonderful schools and undeveloped pasture lands. Tell the McCarthys I said "Здравствуйте!".
    Last edited by JalenRawley; 07-06-2007 at 02:59 PM.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    having lived in both there are some definite perks to milwaukee over houston (fromt he poiont of view of personal quality of life). Clearly houston is bigger, with a strong investment economy, but there are lots of things that suck about houston as well. Why did this become a bash milwaukee thread? How many of you have even been there?
    It became a bash Milwaukee thread in response to it being a bash Yi Jianlian thread. For every action...

I drive through Milwaukee at least once a year, and will be doing just that at the end of the month. Most of what I've said about Wisconsin was a bit sarcastic and in humor, but it's definitely based on truth. There's really not a lot bad about Wisconsin, it's just that there's really nothing good about it either. It could be worse, it could be Iowa or one of the Dakotas, but Wisconsin is just kinda there, like the fat uncle at a family reunion. He shows up, but nobody really talks to him or acknowledges that he's there beyond polite, forced small talk, and even he wonders why he showed up.

Bucks fan

I'm from Madison, not Milwaukee, but I can say that the whole time I was growing up in Madison it was rated one of the top 5 cities to live in by the financial magazines, and Money magazine picked it as #1 a few times.

Top notch schools, low crime, low cost of living, most restaurants per capita, lots of lakes and parks... It really is a nice place to live. I've lived in NY, LA, Boston, and now NJ, and I think Madison holds its own against those. Different pros and cons everywhere. I don't really know so much about Milwaukee though; I go there once a year for a Bucks game, and it seems cool.

Bucks fan

Yi meets with Harris, Krystkowiak
    FRIDAY, July 6, 2007, 3:36 p.m.
    By Charles F. Gardner

Las Vegas - Chinese power forward Yi Jianlian had his first direct meeting with Milwaukee Bucks officials yesterday when he spoke with Bucks general manager Larry Harris and coach Larry Krystkowiak at the team's hotel.

The Bucks' first-round draft choice is playing in the NBA Summer League with Team China, which opens its schedule tonight against the Memphis Grizzlies.

Sources indicated today that Yi spent about an hour meeting with Harris and Krystkowiak. The only other people present were Yi's interpreter and an interpreter used by the Bucks officials. The meeting was characterized as positive.

According to sources, Harris told Yi the Bucks have no intent to trade him and will give him a major opportunity to fit into the team's young frontcourt, which includes Andrew Bogut and Charlie Villanueva.

Harris hand-delivered a letter written by Bucks owner and Sen. Herb Kohl, asking the Guangdong Tigers player to visit Milwaukee. No date has yet been established for such a visit.

The Bucks picked Yi with the sixth overall selection in the June 28 draft, but Yi's representatives have sought a trade to a larger NBA market and one with a larger Asian-American population.

Yi and the Chinese national team will compete against NBA teams in the expanded summer league, which includes 21 league clubs. No. 1 overall pick Greg Oden of the Portland Trail Blazers and No. 2 selection Kevin Durant of the Seattle SuperSonics also will be playing in the summer league. Seven of the top eight lottery picks are participating.

Bucks officials have made plans to watch Yi in three games this weekend in Las Vegas. The Bucks summer league entry, including point guard Lynn Greer and forward David Noel, will open play on Sunday against a Los Angeles Lakers squad.

Read more on the meeting later tonight on JSOnline and in the Journal Sentinel in the morning.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    Yi meets with Harris, Krystkowiak
    FRIDAY, July 6, 2007, 3:36 p.m.
    By Charles F. Gardner

Las Vegas - Chinese power forward Yi Jianlian had his first direct meeting with Milwaukee Bucks officials yesterday when he spoke with Bucks general manager Larry Harris and coach Larry Krystkowiak at the team's hotel.

The Bucks' first-round draft choice is playing in the NBA Summer League with Team China, which opens its schedule tonight against the Memphis Grizzlies.

Sources indicated today that Yi spent about an hour meeting with Harris and Krystkowiak. The only other people present were Yi's interpreter and an interpreter used by the Bucks officials. The meeting was characterized as positive.

According to sources, Harris told Yi the Bucks have no intent to trade him and will give him a major opportunity to fit into the team's young frontcourt, which includes Andrew Bogut and Charlie Villanueva.

Harris hand-delivered a letter written by Bucks owner and Sen. Herb Kohl, asking the Guangdong Tigers player to visit Milwaukee. No date has yet been established for such a visit.

The Bucks picked Yi with the sixth overall selection in the June 28 draft, but Yi's representatives have sought a trade to a larger NBA market and one with a larger Asian-American population.

Yi and the Chinese national team will compete against NBA teams in the expanded summer league, which includes 21 league clubs. No. 1 overall pick Greg Oden of the Portland Trail Blazers and No. 2 selection Kevin Durant of the Seattle SuperSonics also will be playing in the summer league. Seven of the top eight lottery picks are participating.

Bucks officials have made plans to watch Yi in three games this weekend in Las Vegas. The Bucks summer league entry, including point guard Lynn Greer and forward David Noel, will open play on Sunday against a Los Angeles Lakers squad.

Read more on the meeting later tonight on JSOnline and in the Journal Sentinel in the morning.
    The fact that Yi is actually meeting with the team is a positive I guess (for the Bucks), considering the previous reports were that Yi's camp wasn't even answering the Buck's calls.

But I think it's still a negative against them that he's going to be playing for the Chinese team in the Summer League, instead of wearing a Bucks jersey (unless of course the Bucks aren't in the Summer League).

Obviously the results of this meeting will be monumental as far as which direction this is going to go.

Mathius

dammit they finally stalked him down

trade him

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    dammit they finally stalked him down
    How hard can it be to find a seven foot tall Chinese man?

Bucks fan

Yi aint playing in Milw

Banned

The Bucks kind of deserve this mess. They had to know it was coming.

Good college starter

The only problem that I see with Milwaukee is the winters. I hate cold weather and snow so much. I lived around that stuff for nearly 20 years and I don't want to experience it again.

Quote Originally Posted by dak121
    The only problem that I see with Milwaukee is the winters. I hate cold weather and snow so much. I lived around that stuff for nearly 20 years and I don't want to experience it again.
    I hear that. I hate the cold, i'd die in the snow. The coldest it gets here is like 4 or 5C (That's like 40F for you americans) and I can't stand it.

If Milwaukee knew that Yi was gonna resist coming to Milwaukee they should have tried to work out a deal to trade him at the draft. Maybe get rid of someone like Bobby Simmons too and free up more cap space.

Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by dak121
    I've lived in Wisconsin, Boston, NY, NJ... the weather is the same in all those places. It's not as if it gets a lot colder in WI than in the big northeastern cities.
    The Bucks kind of deserve this mess. They had to know it was coming.
    The Bucks deserve a great player, like all teams at the bottom of the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    The Bucks deserve a great player, like all teams at the bottom of the lottery.
    Not really. Teams that play bad do not really "deserve" to have a great player.