Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2016, 05:19 PM   #61
Magic 32
NBA All-star
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,789
Default Re: Last hurrah games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold

This just hit me, that game could be Kobe's lat 30+ game.

I think we are gonna get two or three more.

Last game at home against the Jazz

He needs a 40+ game.
Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:32 PM   #62
T_L_P
The Beast In Me
 
T_L_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 8,443
Default Re: Last hurrah games.

D-Rob, last ever game in the NBA (g6 of the 03 Finals): 13 pts, 17 rebs, 2 blks on 6-8 shooting. Went out a champion.
T_L_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:41 PM   #63
Magic 32
NBA All-star
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,789
Default Re: Last hurrah games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_L_P
D-Rob, last ever game in the NBA (g6 of the 03 Finals): 13 pts, 17 rebs, 2 blks on 6-8 shooting. Went out a champion.

13 points is a little low for me.

Robert Parish had a better game at 43 (his crazy age is the only reason the game is on the list).

Robert Parish: 15 pts, 17 reb, 4 blk (6-8 FG) vs. Hornets (1996)
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...603260DEN.html

Last edited by Magic 32 : 02-03-2016 at 06:45 PM.
Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:18 PM   #64
Magic 32
NBA All-star
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,789
Default Re: Last hurrah games.

I think we can add this one...

Kobe Bryant: 60 pts, 4 assists, 4 rebounds (22-50 FG) vs. Jazz (2016)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCJM2p9WF94
Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:23 PM   #65
Dray n Klay
Klay = 1st option
 
Dray n Klay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: Last hurrah games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic 32
I think we can add this one...

Kobe Bryant: 60 pts, 4 assists, 4 rebounds (22-50 FG) vs. Jazz (2016)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCJM2p9WF94

The worst 60 point game in NBA History



Kobe did the impossible, made every 60 point game in NBA History irrelevant. After that pathetic display, no 60 point game can ever hold the same weight again.
Dray n Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:31 PM   #66
Magic 32
NBA All-star
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,789
Default Re: Last hurrah games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
The worst 60 point game in NBA History



Kobe did the impossible, made every 60 point game in NBA History irrelevant. After that pathetic display, no 60 point game can ever hold the same weight again.

So you finally came out of your 2 day depression.

Must have been awful to be in your vicinity on Wednesday.

Hope your parents had the barbiturates ready.

Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:32 PM   #67
Dray n Klay
Klay = 1st option
 
Dray n Klay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: Last hurrah games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic 32
So you finally came out of your 2 day depression.

Must have been awful to be in your vicinity on Wednesday.

Hope your parents had the barbiturates ready.


He diluted the worth of a 60 point game, admit it its true.


Kobe's entire career summed in one selfish display
Dray n Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:36 PM   #68
Magic 32
NBA All-star
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,789
Default Re: Last hurrah games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
He diluted the worth of a 60 point game, admit it its true.

22-45 in the last 43 minutes of the game.

8-16 in the 4th for 23 points, outscoring his opponent in the last qtr of his basketball career.

Just 4 points less and one shot more than one of Jordan's most celebrated scoring games during his peak....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mjwyLp6OiM

...and Jordan lost.

Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:39 PM   #69
Dray n Klay
Klay = 1st option
 
Dray n Klay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: Last hurrah games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic 32
22-45 in the last 43 minutes of the game.

8-16 in the 4th for 23 points, outscoring his opponent in the last qtr of his basketball career.

Just 4 points less and one shot more than one of Jordan's most celebrated scoring games during his peak....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mjwyLp6OiM

...and Jordan lost.



Needed 10 unearned FT's (similar to Kobe's 2010 Game 7)

Needed the Refs

Shot 44%

Missed 28 shots

Did it in a meaningless game

No defense was being played



Scoring 60 shooting less than 45% is embarrassing
Dray n Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:45 PM   #70
IllegalD
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,483
Default Re: Last hurrah games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
Needed 10 unearned FT's (similar to Kobe's 2010 Game 7)

Needed the Refs

Shot 44%

Missed 28 shots

Did it in a meaningless game

No defense was being played



Scoring 60 shooting less than 45% is embarrassing

This little boy is so mad. I bet you he hasn't slept or eaten anything in 36 hours. Every time he closes his eyes he sees a huge 60 with Kobe's sh*t-eating grin behind it throatf*cking his soul.

IllegalD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:47 PM   #71
Magic 32
NBA All-star
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,789
Default Re: Last hurrah games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
Needed 10 unearned FT's (similar to Kobe's 2010 Game 7)

Needed the Refs

Shot 44%

Missed 28 shots

Did it in a meaningless game

No defense was being played

Scoring 60 shooting less than 45% is embarrassing

I guess Kevin Durant devalued the 50 point game.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...301180DAL.html

But I doubt you were so salty then.


And of course bron devalued high scoring averages in the finals by averaging 32.7 FGA shooting 39.8%.

But I doubt you were salty then.

Well, he did go 2-6 so you probably were salty.

Last edited by Magic 32 : 04-15-2016 at 12:49 PM.
Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:09 PM   #72
Dray n Klay
Klay = 1st option
 
Dray n Klay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: Last hurrah games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic 32

And of course bron devalued high scoring averages in the finals by averaging 32.7 FGA shooting 39.8%.


It was already devalued by Kobe's 2010 Finals
Dray n Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:12 PM   #73
Magic 32
NBA All-star
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,789
Default Re: Last hurrah games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
It was already devalued by Kobe's 2010 Finals

Too bad Kobe shot the ball 10 times less per game.

Nice try though. But your anger is getting drowned by greatness.

You are literally more meaningless than ever before.

Last edited by Magic 32 : 04-15-2016 at 01:18 PM.
Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:14 PM   #74
Prime_Shaq
Devin Booker MVP
 
Prime_Shaq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,476
Default Re: Last hurrah games.

Even ancient Shaq was a monster
Prime_Shaq is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:47 PM   #75
senelcoolidge
NBA lottery pick
 
senelcoolidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: At home
Posts: 5,919
Default Re: Last hurrah games.

I have to kind of agree that, that 60 pt game was superficial...more like an exhibition game. After awhile the Jazz weren't even trying to defend even if their starters were still playing. When the Jazz were trying at the beginning Kobe wasn't doing that good. This game and the all star game have to leave a bad taste in your mouth. The nba is becoming more and more of a show than actual basketball. But as a player I respect Kobe. He had some of that old school competitiveness in him..few players have that nowadays. At least with him you didn't have any of the soft buddy buddy antics of today's players.

Bird was a freaking beast. That last game...wow. That's with a bad back and post torn achilles tendons.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy