Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Default Re: NBA admits mistake in Nuggets-Mavs game

Fouling in that situation should be illegal and the NBA shouldn't of admitted that. It wasn't that blatant of a foul.

Quote Originally Posted by nashisbest
    if u watch the clip again his gesture was quite clearly to signal no foul cos melo immediately shot a three. he didn't wanna give an AND1

i always thought you raise ONE hand to signal an intentional foul

in any case, wouldn't wrapping his arms around melo be a more obvious intentional foul. i thought that was just dumba$$ on his part

and they lost
    Yep, exactly what you said.

kkling
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
    To all of you who don't understand why we Nuggets fans believe that it wasn't a foul please click and read the following link:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...61#post3001461
    "Mark Wunderlich, one of the three officials for that game last year, was part of the crew for the Denver-Dallas game Saturday night and was the one closest to Wright and Anthony.

I'm almost as disappointed for Mark as I am for us. ... It's a call he makes 100 percent of the time," Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle said after Saturday's game.

Added Wright: "I was positive a whistle was coming, just like everybody else was positive the whistle was coming. I made a play on the ball like I was told in the huddle, and the call wasn't made. ... I'm upset like everyone else in this locker room, and I feel like we have a right to be upset."

Sucks for the Mavs, and most of us knew it was a BS no call.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Instinct
    Obviously. It was an idiotic mistake to not do so, and he relied on the refs making the call instead of making the intentional foul 100% clear and wrapping him up. He banked on the refs making a call that it seemed he ran away from initially, and was left out to dry. Idiotic, unfourtantate play, but he has no one to blame but himself.

Oh, and you don't stop playing defense until you hear the whistle. The fact he stopped and watched Melo didn't help.
    He stopped playing defense, putting his hands in air to avoid a shooting foul from being called. His intentional foul was on the ground. Why would he continue playing defense only to risk fouling Melo? Then you are sitting here telling me how A.Wrght is dumb for fouling a guy shooting a 3pt shot.

He should have wrapped him up instead of relying on the refs to call the foul. That would have ended everything.

NBA admitting it was a foul is like George Bush admitting there were no WMDs.

"Woops.....our bad.....oh well.....we'll get it right next time......maybe........"

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease LbloodOjunkieG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, because Dallas winning this game would have been the tide turner eh? Dallas had no chance from day one dude.

It has nothing to do with the league being rigged.
    I hate it when people think this. Anyone remember a certain 8 seed knocking off the Mavericks a few years ago? Nobody thought the Warriors would knock the top seeded Mav's out, yet they did. This is why you play the games.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LbloodOjunkieG
    I hate it when people think this. Anyone remember a certain 8 seed knocking off the Mavericks a few years ago? Nobody thought the Warriors would knock the top seeded Mav's out, yet they did. This is why you play the games.
    And they played the game. The Mavs lost.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    WHEN YOU COMMIT A FOUL ON PURPOSE MOST PLAYERS RAISE THEIR HANDS AS TO SAY "I DID IT!!!"

Why can't people see that???

It is clear as day that he was trying to foul...the damn NBA is even admitting it...

This should be enough for NBA fans to admitt the call was blown...
    no sir, you raise one hand, to gesture you committed the foul and you do it AFTER the whistle... you don't pull your hand back IMMEDIATELY after committing it because in that situation during an intentional foul, you want to make sure it gets called... his body language is SO OBVIOUS, that he did not want to get called for the fould, he backed away and put two hands up... you are so biased and you are looking through homer glasses that you are convincing yourself otherwise... there is a reason everybody else is saying it was not an intentional foul... because it wasn't....

AGAIN, either way it doesn't matter because it's 3-0

Can't we all just agree that Antoine Wright is a dumbass so we can all get along?

Quote Originally Posted by LbloodOjunkieG

Theyre playing, and from the onset, its been pretty one sided with the exception of a few things here and there. One team is clearly better, and some wont accept that, so they cry "rigged"

Because you know, a Denver/LA finals is like the most media hyped event of the decade.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
    no sir, you raise one hand, to gesture you committed the foul and you do it AFTER the whistle... you don't pull your hand back IMMEDIATELY after committing it because in that situation during an intentional foul, you want to make sure it gets called... his body language is SO OBVIOUS, that he did not want to get called for the fould, he backed away and put two hands up... you are so biased and you are looking through homer glasses that you are convincing yourself otherwise... there is a reason everybody else is saying it was not an intentional foul... because it wasn't....

AGAIN, either way it doesn't matter because it's 3-0
    look dude...the NBA came forward and admitted they made a mistake...

EVEN THEY ARE SAYING I AM RIGHT!!!

and it isn't 3-0

it is 3-0*

ISH Jump Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
    To all of you who don't understand why we Nuggets fans believe that it wasn't a foul please click and read the following link:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...61#post3001461
    It shouldn't matter what the player did... they should have called it a foul.

And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    He stopped playing defense, putting his hands in air to avoid a shooting foul from being called. His intentional foul was on the ground. Why would he continue playing defense only to risk fouling Melo? Then you are sitting here telling me how A.Wrght is dumb for fouling a guy shooting a 3pt shot.
    He should have wrapped him up instead of relying on the refs to call the foul. That would have ended everything.

The whistle never blew. How is he risking fouling Anthony, when the whistle has yet to blow, and he is trying to give a foul? You typed all of that just to say in the last sentence what I and almost everyone who isn't a Mavs fan said; that he should have wrapped him up to avoid all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    look dude...the NBA came forward and admitted they made a mistake...

EVEN THEY ARE SAYING I AM RIGHT!!!

and it isn't 3-0

it is 3-0*
    No, it's 3-0.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    NBA admitting it was a foul is like George Bush admitting there were no WMDs.

"Woops.....our bad.....oh well.....we'll get it right next time......maybe........"
    True, the NBA doesn't know if that was a foul and Bush doesn't know if there are still WMDs in Iraq. Funny.