NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Default I Said It When They Hired Him...

But I was called a fool.

Blatt is the new D'antoni. Only cares about Offense doesn't emphasize Defense and micromanages his roster. (mainly the Bench) Which essentially boils down to throw anyone and everyone out there and see what sticks.

Default Re: I Said It When They Hired Him...

except that d antoni almost got his team to the finals while blatt can't seem to do shit

That's funny, because I said Blatt is the new D'antoni. Only cares about Offense doesn't emphasize Defense and micromanages his roster. (mainly the Bench) Which essentially boils down to throw anyone and everyone out there and see what sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Olacinco
    That's funny, because I said Blatt is the new D'antoni. Only cares about Offense doesn't emphasize Defense and micromanages his roster. (mainly the Bench) Which essentially boils down to throw anyone and everyone out there and see what sticks.
    It's really obvious at this point. After the Raptor game he said he was thinking of making some line up changes. Which is exactly the problem imo, none of these guys can get a good grip on their role.

It doesn't help that LBJ seems to be trying to play less as opposed to better.

Golden State Aster*sks

David Blatt has 17 rings
    Lebron is off his roids

I blame Lebron

Blatt is clearly a terrible coach who has no authority over the team (it doesn't even look like they run a concrete offense out there), but I don't think any other coaches available would do any better.

It'd be like blaming Shaq's shooting coach for his poor FT shooting. He might be the best shooting coach in the world, but Shaq was a lost cause when it came to free throws much how the Cavs are a lost cause when it comes to defense.

Golden State Aster*sks

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    It'd be like blaming Shaq's shooting coach for his poor FT shooting. He might be the best shooting coach in the world, but Shaq was a lost cause when it came to free throws much how the Cavs are a lost cause when it comes to defense.
    What a terrible analogy. I bet Tom Thibodeau could get the Cavs to play some defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Taller than CP3
    What a terrible analogy. I bet Tom Thibodeau could get the Cavs to play some defense.
    It's not a terrible analogy at all. Maybe to you and your pea-sized brain, but it's pretty obvious the Cavs lack the personnel to be a respectable defensive team. But then again, you probably haven't even watched them play more than 1 or 2 quarters this year so how would you know that?

Golden State Aster*sks

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    It's not a terrible analogy at all. Maybe to you and your pea-sized brain, but it's pretty obvious the Cavs lack the personnel to be a respectable defensive team. But then again, you probably haven't even watched them play more than 1 or 2 quarters this year so how would you know that?
    First, a terrible analogy. Now a terrible reply. Congrats on offering absolutely nothing to the conversation. I hope your 7,000+ other posts aren't as useless as the one I'm quoting right now.

Cavs defense do not equal Shaq's free throw shooting. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Thibs can get them to play defense whether you want to accept it or not. But nope, you'd rather compare Cavs defense to Shaq's free throw shooting. I can't believe people like you are that stupid.
    Last edited by Taller than CP3; 11-23-2014 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    except that d antoni almost got his team to the finals while blatt can't seem to do shit
    D'antoni has never been to an NBA Finals in his life.

First, a terrible analogy. Now a terrible reply. Congrats on offering absolutely nothing to the conversation. I hope your 7,000+ other posts aren't as useless as the one I'm quoting right now.

Cavs defense do not equal Shaq's free throw shooting. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Thibs can get them to play defense whether you want to accept it or not. But nope, you'd rather compare Cavs defense to Shaq's free throw shooting. I can't believe people like you are that stupid.
    Clearly you don't understand what an analogy is. And you have the audacity to call my posts terrible, lmao.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Noah to Vajero.. Pau/Taj to Love/Thompson.. Jimmy Butler/Hinrich to Dion waiters/Lebron.. Bulls have way better defenders at every position but small forward.

Golden State Aster*sks

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Noah to Vajero.. Pau/Taj to Love/Thompson.. Jimmy Butler/Hinrich to Dion waiters/Lebron.. Bulls have way better defenders at every position but small forward.
    No shit Snoop Dogg, when did I compare the Cavs to the Bulls? All I said was Thibs could get the Cavs to play some D, whereas Shaq's free throw shooting could never improve.

I am your soldier!

Yeah as if this isn't a player and roster problem as much as anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    D'antoni has never been to an NBA Finals in his life.
    He said almost.