Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lebron vs Hakeem.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Hakeem's two championship runs are much superior to LeBron, how can you begin to compare their teams? pauk with another out of context comparison and that's beside the BS variables he put together to compare them
    Neither of Hakeem's championship runs were better than Lebron's run last season.

pauk's obsession with Lebron is quite weird and borderline homo, yet he never wants to admit it, despite talking about and defending him the whole time. I guess this causes stupid comments geared in Lebron's direction that aren't exactly true and obviously portray him as a far worse player than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Djahjaga
    This entire thread is full of this.

"Lebron not the best player in the league," "Lebron has 2 superstars on his team," and the classic, "Olajuwon wouldn't have won if Jordan hadn't left."

This entire forum is full of sh*t like this.

"Shaq carried Kobe to three rings," "Kobe was a lockdown perimeter defender in his prime," "Jordan couldn't win without Pippen," "Grant Hill was on his way to top-15 all time before he was injured," "Kobe was somehow not incredibly lucky to play in a huge market with a top-10 all time player."

No one actually seeks to prove anything here anymore.
    Can't we prove LeBron has 2 (or at least 1.5) superstars on his team?

Can't we prove his supporting cast is great (in terms of filling the holes created by a slasher like Bron... defenders and shooters)?

LeBron is an amazing player, but I wish people would jump off saying this is the best season in NBA history. I never once thought that about any player I watched and I saw MJ (albeit later MJ) and Shaq (in his prime.) I don't understand why everything has to be THE BEST. Why can't it just be amazing?

-Smak

Now a Cavs fan again

Hakeem's never dominated the playoffs the way LeBron 2009 and LeBron 2012 did.

LeBron 2009: 35/9/7, 51% FG, 61.8% TS, 37.4 PER

LeBron 2012: 30/10/6, 50% FG, 57.6% TS, 30.3 PER

Hakeem was never that dominant, sorry. And the fact that he took a 6th seed to a title is supposed to be more impressive than LeBron leading a high seed? Please... prime LeBron never led teams to bad enough records that were only good enough FOR the 6th seed. That's a credit to LeBron. Not his fault his teams never underachieve in the regular season.

Lebron didnt need for the actual best player in the world to take a vacation from the league
    Are we really going here ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2010splash
    Hakeem's never dominated the playoffs the way LeBron 2009 and LeBron 2012 did.

LeBron 2009: 35/9/7, 51% FG, 61.8% TS, 37.4 PER

LeBron 2012: 30/10/6, 50% FG, 57.6% TS, 30.3 PER

Hakeem was never that dominant, sorry. And the fact that he took a 6th seed to a title is supposed to be more impressive than LeBron leading a high seed? Please... prime LeBron never led teams to bad enough records that were only good enough FOR the 6th seed. That's a credit to LeBron. Not his fault his teams never underachieve in the regular season.

/End Thread.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by ThaRegul8r
    Didn't know Nash and Rose were in the category of players being discussed.

As they're not, it's irrelevant. I don't get why people bring lesser players into a discussion as if it's supposed to "prove" anything.

Did you read my post? It had nothing to do with using Nash nor Rose to compare to Lebron nor Hakeem.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintilianus
    He's a center, based on what he's doing and his abilities, he was a dominant force offensively. And still was best defensive player for x years in a row while doing that.
    If anything, Hakeem is underrated, he has a case for being the best center ever
    Guards usually have a larger offensive impact than centers. The opposite is true on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    Shaq was more dominant. In his prime you had to foul him to stop him. However I think people sometimes overlook the fact that this means there was a clear cut way to defend him.

I don't mind people saying Shaq was a better offensive player, because he was just so.......dominant. No one could guard him. But there is a very easy argument that could be made for Hakeem on the basis of versatility and a lack of clear exploitable weaknesses.
    Shaq was definitely a better offensive player than Hakeem.

Lets see.....

Quote Originally Posted by Miserio
    The 'best player' part is plain stupid it depends on the players from that particular era. If LeBron played in the 90s he wouldn't be the best player. He would be the runner up to the-one-we-all-know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haks
    same can be said for Lebron if he was in that era

Why are you so sure? How do you know? That is just as much of an empty opinion as me saying Lebron would OWN the league in the 90s....

Lebron has not played in that era.... so we dont know how he would be there and what type of team he would have...

Hakeem has not played in this era either.... so we dont know how he would be here either...

What we do know is that Hakeem played in the 90s with Jordan in his prime, where Hakeem didnt win a championship and wasnt the best player in the NBA before or after Jordans "vacation"....
    Last edited by pauk; 04-15-2013 at 09:05 PM.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    Make your case...outside of what I already admitted.

@Quintilianus:

I hope you realise why i dont reply to you.... "Lebron choker", "dickrider","he is not most dominant player" together with your lack of knowledge and zero facts, objectivity makes your agenda extremly clear..... its like talking to a wall.... you dont like Lebron, you dont wish for him to be anything in this world.... thats fine... you made your case clear....

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    He probably was but it wasn't by a whole lot. I don't know why u used the word definitely

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Raymone
    What has Hakeem ever done that LeBron hasn't?
    Pretty much everything for an all-time great. Lebron on the other hand has taken a shortcut for everything is his career. I still debate which is more appropriate LeShortcut or LeQueen. Both apply so well. Lol at the stats debate. At the end of the day, swept first time around, choked second time around, paired with 2 other top 5 players at their position to get the ring for a third time with extreme ref bias in a shortened season in a weakened league. Not to mention all the choke jobs in the post-seasons for the best team in the East - per ESPN d1ckriding. The favorites to WIN it all - every single year. That's what happens when you're the King of the regular season but the B1tch of the postseason. Lol at the fanbase. Grasping for notoriety.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 04-15-2013 at 09:17 PM.

LeBron 2012: 30/10/6, 50% FG, 57.6% TS, 30.3 PER vs. Knicks (5th best defensive team, vs. Pacers ( 9th best defensive team), vs. Celtics ( no.1 defensive team) vs. Thunder (2nd best offensive team).

Quote Originally Posted by Quintilianus
    He's a center, based on what he's doing and his abilities, he was a dominant force offensively. And still was best defensive player for x years in a row while doing that.
    If anything, Hakeem is underrated, he has a case for being the best center ever
    Hakeem's O compared to other PF/C >>> LeBron's O compared to Melo/Durant.

Hakeem is a better offensive player than LeBron individually. LeBron's vision might put him above Hakeem though.

Hakeem has a case of being the greatest two way player of all times. MJ is usually up there also.