Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Prove me wrong KG at his peak was the most complete/versatile player in NBA history

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Wilt Chamberlain is the greatest rebounder of all time, 1st or 2nd best scorer of all time, and led the league in assists for a season. On top of that he is the greatest rim protector of all time.

Show me another player that can claim that much.
    thats why hes the GOAT. moving like a Gazelle in 7

Default Re: Prove me wrong KG at his peak was the most complete/versatile player in NBA history

Duncan and Hakeem were both more complete/versatile bigmen.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Do you not think Duncan is in the convo for orchestrating the defense?
    Duncan is an excellent team defender, but is he as vocal as KG/Rus? Not what I have seen, and if teammates under-perform, does he light up fire under their asses? Thats not his style either. He mainly leads by example, and while its great, its one of the aspects, some players in history did more than that.

I think in terms of 7 footers or guys who's primary position is a big man spot (PF or C), KG is the most complete ever. KG was a 7 footer who rebounded with the best for sure, but was a freak athlete and actually able to play SF on offense and defense. To top it off, he had point forward instincts and was giving u 25 a night at his peak. Gotta remember KG came in the L as a SF. I feel Bron and KG on both sides of the rock have a versatility that's unmatched. Bron holds it down for perimeter guys and The Ticket holds it down for the bigs. It's hard for me to decide. But I do find it VERY FREAKISH for a 7 footer to do the things KG brought to the table. However, the shit Bron can do is of course sick as hell as well. They stand in their own lane in term of dominant versatility in all facets in my book!

When it comes to PF's, KG and Timmy are by far the best two way players in terms of offense and defense. That's also a major factor that PF spot! I think Anthony Davis has the potential to be the most similar to KG. For a 7 footer to be as athletic and skilled as a KG is truly a marvel As great as guys like David or Hakeem are, they aren't quite as skilled perimeter wise as KG. But yet KG rebounds just as good. It's not like KG was a European big with just perimeter skills. He also had the big man facets too. KG for all intensive purposes was the Undertaker of the NBA when it comes to a big man with the skills and athleticism of a much smaller man!
    Last edited by bizil; 01-25-2014 at 04:57 AM.

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

he coudln't and can't dribble nor handle the ball.

Can't be the most complete player those are two basic basketball skills.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishACB
    LOLWUT

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    LOLWUT
    He could dribble decently and had ball security for a PF but that's about it.

It's not like he could play point guard, how could he be the most complete basketball player ever? Could he run an offense?

Better defender than Magic, better rebounder than Magic, better scorer than Magic but Magic was more complete because unlike Garnett, Magic could do it all to a respetable level whilst KG was just very elite at many things, but not the most complete but like I said he'd be turning it over possesion after possesion if he was asked to be the main handler or run an offense. Most complete big man ever? maybe. Player? nope.
    Last edited by SpanishACB; 01-25-2014 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishACB

Can't be the most complete player those are two basic basketball skills.
    You probably unaware, KG actually played point guard in Minny when team's both PG's were injured

You can also watch his handles and crossovers in this game, one of many:

http://youtu.be/WZdXQIezguo?t=2m34s

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Wilt Chamberlain is the greatest rebounder of all time, 1st or 2nd best scorer of all time, and led the league in assists for a season. On top of that he is the greatest rim protector of all time.

Show me another player that can claim that much.
    Wilt was guarded by 6 foot white centers like Billy the Kid, Johnny Appleseed, and Buffalo Bill in the pioneer days though. NBA players back then had to learn how to hunt for their own food and build their own log cabins in the offseason.

KG is the only player in NBA history who is top 50 all time in all the 5 main categories:

15th all time in points
    10th all time in rebounds
    50th all time in assists
    16th all time in steals
    18th all time in blocks

He's up there but in terms of impact defense (genuine defense, not just steals and blocks) was where he was truly elite when compared to the all-time greats. His defense was game changing.

He was merely 'proficient' or 'skilled' in the other areas of the game... and there's quite a gap between good and great. It's a nonlinear thing: the added value between very good and great is much, much greater at the NBA level than the added value between good and very good. For example there's a huge difference scoring wise between a KG and a Kevin Durant. At their peak this difference may only be, on the face of it, 5 ppg... but on the basketball court this difference is everything. Once you reach a certain level in one aspect of the game your mastery of it becomes 'game changing'. For KG, that was defense.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    He was an elite scorer for PF
    his midrange was money and his shooting overall was too (FTs)
    Arguable the best big man passer ever could work high post and facilitate. Could play point forward or even point center like Doc Rivers had him w/
    One of the best rebounders ever
    One of the best defenders eve
    Best pickandroll defender ever
    Elite shotblocker could switch on and guard perimeter players effectively (shut down peak Tmac)
    Could run the break and was consistently top 20 in finishing at rim
    Had a good low post game but it wasnt as elite as high post so he went there more. At his peak he abused players like Webber and Sheed in the low post
    My nikka had it all

The only thing he didnt do at an elite level was shoot 3s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQE2EAo__iI
    He was the only TWolf to hit a FG in the 4th quarter where he scored 14 of the Wolves 21 points, including 13 straight to account for every Wolves point from the 11:30 mark to the 3:10 second mark. Also shut down the elite Kings offense by himself the 2nd half and had a blocked shot and with 4 seconds left to help seal the win on his 28th birthday.
    Not sure if he's what you mentioned, but I always always always include him in my starting lineup lists. I also don't have an issue as ranking him the BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER EVER.

The man could guard every position better and with more consistency than everybody perhaps ever. I doubt Russell could be as effective at guarding modern day point guards like he could.

He was as good at scoring the ball as he was in rebounding and defense, he couldn't play like a PG but he could certainly make plays for his teammates, he had good vision.

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
    Jason Kidd is the most complete player in nba history

A terrible shooter will never be considered a complete player.

Banned

The most complete and versatile players in NBA history are Lebron James and Michael Jordan. This is not even a debate.