Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 05-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far
Default Small guys that play big

I started playing basketball regularly about 4 years ago. When I started (at age 31) I wanted to separate myself from all of the other guys but I didn't have a hoop so I started working on my ball handling. I am probably one of the best ball handlers in a group of about 20 guys but now everyone seems to want to play point guard whether they can handle the ball or not. I'd like to start playing under the basket more but I'm at a pretty big height disadvantage. I'm 5'10 with a pretty low reach. I am probably stronger than most of the guys but I'm still working one using my strength on the court. Who are some smaller forwards to watch?

I know Barkley and Rodman are fairly small for forwards, who else is there?
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation
Default Re: Small guys that play big

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv
I started playing basketball regularly about 4 years ago. When I started (at age 31) I wanted to separate myself from all of the other guys but I didn't have a hoop so I started working on my ball handling. I am probably one of the best ball handlers in a group of about 20 guys but now everyone seems to want to play point guard whether they can handle the ball or not. I'd like to start playing under the basket more but I'm at a pretty big height disadvantage. I'm 5'10 with a pretty low reach. I am probably stronger than most of the guys but I'm still working one using my strength on the court. Who are some smaller forwards to watch?

I know Barkley and Rodman are fairly small for forwards, who else is there?
Well CB had some pretty crazy athleticism for his size, and just assuming that you can't outjump other players you need to know how to use your body to create space. Zach Randolph does this pretty effectively and is one of the best scoring PF's in the league.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:20 AM   #3
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Your feet are your best friend, and your hip is your most dangerous weapon. Two rules you need to understand if you plan on playing big.
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:43 AM   #4
domaboy
Can barely lace up my sneakers

domaboy has an OK reputation so far

Do you want to play PF or SF?

Improving your squat and vertical jump will help a lot.
Work on your post moves and fakes especially.
Watch a lot of hakeem for post moves even though he was 7'0
he had the best post moves. If you are smaller these fakes will allow you to get your shot off.
domaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:44 AM   #5
domaboy
Can barely lace up my sneakers

domaboy has an OK reputation so far

this page has some SF and PF to look at.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6182131AAIOxJk
domaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: