Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Sorry but D-Rose doesn't have superstar potential

He's a good player, but he doesn't have superstar potential that Lebron and Wade has, and this is why:

Scoring:
    He is a good scorer, but he's not a efficient volume type of scorer. Besides driving, he doesn't have one reliable go to move. He might occasionally put up 30+ points, but he's never going to have consistently 30+ games like other good scorers in the game.

The reason for this? 1)His size, 2) his style of play. His size prevents him from being able to score easily, when has there ever been a player shorter than 6'3 that's an great offensive player besides Iverson? Also D-Rose's style of play, in my words, it's extremely tiring and difficult. This guy never gets easy buckets, all his buckets have to come to contorting his body and relying excessively on his athleticism, this is to contrast to Kevin Durant, who's the smoothest and most effortless scorer right now. All those difficult buckets will eventually take a toll on his body. Unless he develops a consistently good midrange game, he's offense will always be limited and inefficient.

Passing: Aite I am gonna get a lot of hate here, but Rose is not ever going to be a good passer and PG as Nash, Paul, Kidd, etc. He simply doesn't show the potential to be a great passing PG, and his scoring mentality is not helping him develop into a true PG. Rose also doesn't have the court vision like other great point guards, and court vision is not something that can be developed.

So the maximum potential I see Rose having is a Isiah Thomas type of player, he simply doesn't have the size and talent and potential to be anything more than a scoring PG, aka not a really good scorer, not a really good passer.

More like Matt Boner HB40TheNextStar's Avatar

Default Re: Sorry but D-Rose doesn't have superstar potential

And Zeke wasn't a superstar?

Great college starter

Rose has top 5 player in the league potential which is a superstar

He will never be like Wade or LeBron which is running for the best player, but that's not his fault. LeBron, Durant, and Howard are just too good and too young

Local High School Star

Oh God. Lock?

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Ceiling: Slightly better version of Marbury. I agree with this thread.

Inb4 WW3

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by HB40TheNextStar
    And Zeke wasn't a superstar?
    He was never a first tier superstar.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by YouCallILose
    Rose has top 5 player in the league potential which is a superstar

He will never be like Wade or LeBron which is running for the best player, but that's not his fault. LeBron, Durant, and Howard are just too good and too young
    I don't consider Howard a true super star. He's also a second tier "super star" ala Derrick Rose.

ROSE > THAN YOU IN-PAX-WE-TRUST's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG5MVP
    He's a good player, but he doesn't have superstar potential that Lebron and Wade has, and this is why:

Scoring:
    He is a good scorer, but he's not a efficient volume type of scorer. Besides driving, he doesn't have one reliable go to move. He might occasionally put up 30+ points, but he's never going to have consistently 30+ games like other good scorers in the game.

The reason for this? 1)His size, 2) his style of play. His size prevents him from being able to score easily, when has there ever been a player shorter than 6'3 that's an great offensive player besides Iverson? Also D-Rose's style of play, in my words, it's extremely tiring and difficult. This guy never gets easy buckets, all his buckets have to come to contorting his body and relying excessively on his athleticism, this is to contrast to Kevin Durant, who's the smoothest and most effortless scorer right now. All those difficult buckets will eventually take a toll on his body. Unless he develops a consistently good midrange game, he's offense will always be limited and inefficient.

Passing: Aite I am gonna get a lot of hate here, but Rose is not ever going to be a good passer and PG as Nash, Paul, Kidd, etc. He simply doesn't show the potential to be a great passing PG, and his scoring mentality is not helping him develop into a true PG. Rose also doesn't have the court vision like other great point guards, and court vision is not something that can be developed.

So the maximum potential I see Rose having is a Isiah Thomas type of player, he simply doesn't have the size and talent and potential to be anything more than a scoring PG, aka not a really good scorer, not a really good passer.
    lol... you prolly said the same thing about Wade in 2004.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

He won't get to the level of LeBron, Wade or Kobe, but he'll be in the conversation with Melo, Durant, Howard etc for the second tier superstars.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

I don't consider Howard a true super star. He's also a second tier "super star" ala Derrick Rose.
    Ok, I went from agreeing with you to KNOWING that you're a dumbass.

Dwight is the best big in the game, and by far and away the biggest game changing defensive player in the league.

The Magic as individuals are ATROCIOUS on defense and yet they continue to be a top defensive team because of Howard. Next.

ROSE > THAN YOU IN-PAX-WE-TRUST's Avatar

now you just sound like a complete moron.

Friendliest Poster :) E_Stamkos's Avatar

Why do you always go out of your way to play the role of antagonist. It's so blatantly obvious that you just push buttons for kicks and giggles. Its getting kinda old though

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    He won't get to the level of LeBron, Wade or Kobe, but he'll be in the conversation with Melo, Durant, Howard etc for the second tier superstars.
    I hate to tell you but..just about everyone considers Durant a top 4 player this season and arguably the best player since December 1

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...f=6&p=26422979

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YouCallILose
    I hate to tell you but..just about everyone considers Durant a top 4 player this season and arguably the best player since December 1
    I'd probably agree with him being at #4, but I'm not going to put him on LeBron, Wade or Kobe's level.