Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Does lebron have a chance to be the GOAT and if so what does he need to do

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyCool
    I'm 16, so I've seen Jordan, Shaq, Kobe, and Duncan. They were all great but Lebron is just on another level. 4 MVP's at his age is proof of it historically.
    Back in my day trolling meant something.

Default Re: Does lebron have a chance to be the GOAT and if so what does he need to do

LeBron is going to need at least 5 or 6 rings before he can be considered the goat, and he'll have to be the FMVP for each of those. He'll also need at least one or two more MVP's which I'm sure he will get. LeBron isn't top 10 yet, but he's on the brink of it. He will most likely finish his career top 5 but I don't see him going down as the goat.

NBA lottery pick

I'm old enough to have seen them both play, and Lebron is just better.
    You are 16 but your title says heat fan since 1988. Nice trolling bro.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

I'm old enough to have seen them both play, and Lebron is just better.
    It's past your bedtime.

Yeah, if I was born then I'd be a Heat fan.

I was old enough to see Jordan play and Lebron is just a better player.
    you saw wizards jordan when you were five and you claim to have knowledge on him? you need to holler at some early nineties and late eighties jordan... but you're probably too naive to do so.

Regardless how many rings Lebron wins - he will never be a GOAT, that ship has sailed.

What he could do, is to challenge Magic-Bird for Top5-6, if he wins another 6 rings or so. Short of that, he wont be challenging them either. Lebron is a couple of rings away from Top10 as well.

He obviously has a chance. Will he reach it? Unlikely. These conversations remind me so much of Shaq in his prime. They parallel surprisingly well actually. Shaq/Bron = Both are physically freaks of nature, potential through the roof (ppl saying they could reach GOAT status), dominant at times in game, change the game tremendously just by being on the floor, etc etc. Also both have lack of work ethic/motivation, large egos, not as useful in final play of the game as in the rest of the game (not game winner threats usually), etc.

He's already in the top 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFan
    4 rings(3 more rings) while keeping the current numbers and He is the goat... He already had the GOAT season in term of efficiency.

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by dh144498

It's hilarious if you think about it.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    He obviously has a chance. Will he reach it? Unlikely. These conversations remind me so much of Shaq in his prime. They parallel surprisingly well actually. Shaq/Bron = Both are physically freaks of nature, potential through the roof (ppl saying they could reach GOAT status), dominant at times in game, change the game tremendously just by being on the floor, etc etc. Also both have lack of work ethic/motivation, large egos, not as useful in final play of the game as in the rest of the game (not game winner threats usually), etc.
    Shaq was lazy though and eventually became out of shape and that cut his prime short. Lebron does not seem lazy at all and his longevity will be better than shaqs was.

Decent playground baller Kovach's Avatar

Bunch of butthurt Jordan stans mad that their idols legacy is threatened by LeGawd.
    It's not that. People are just legitimately worried how the standards for greatness seem to have evaporated over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Shaq was lazy though and eventually became out of shape and that cut his prime short. Lebron does not seem lazy at all and his longevity will be better than shaqs was.
    This is certainly true...although I feel Bron is lazy at times when he's actually in games (moreso than Shaq). I still maintain that they could easily have similar careers when it's all said and done. People will rate them as two of the most dominant ever, but they will likely have accomplished much less than they "should" have.

not a chance, for him to have a crack at it he would need to die and be reincarnated and start his career over.

Bunch of butthurt Jordan stans mad that their idols legacy is threatened by LeGawd.
    oh my, he's quite the threat!

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz
    oh my, he's quite the threat!

someone clearly sniped him in the face.