Good High School Starter

Default Should the NBA consider awarding Finals participation ribbons because of Lebron?

Hes been to the finals 5 times and has nothing but 2 asterisk rings to show for it and i dont really think thats fair, so should the nba hand out an award for those who make it to the finals but arent quite good enough to win? Please dont say ECF championship because thats worth as much as christmas MVP at this point. In the olympics they hand out silver and bronze medals for people who are good but not good enough, i think NBA should consider doing this, anyone else agree? Why or why not?

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

Default Re: Should the NBA consider awarding Finals participation ribbons because of Lebron?

Shit thread.

Default Re: Should the NBA consider awarding Finals participation ribbons because of Lebron?

Elgin Baylor holds the record for most finals appearances (8) without a ring. on top of that, mid season after he retired, the Lakers went on an epic 33 win streak and went on to win the NBA championship.

talk about the sting.

Quote Originally Posted by rule1223
    Hes been to the finals 5 times and has nothing but 2 asterisk rings to show for it and i dont really think thats fair, so should the nba hand out an award for those who make it to the finals but arent quite good enough to win? Please dont say ECF championship because thats worth as much as christmas MVP at this point. In the olympics they hand out silver and bronze medals for people who are good but not good enough, i think NBA should consider doing this, anyone else agree? Why or why not?
    If you did that then players like Carmelo & CP3 would feel excluded