Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

Default Re: Do you guys consider Kevin Love a player to build a franchise around?

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    No. But he's a great as the second guy. He gets a lot of stats but they don't impact the game like other players that may not have the stats but they do things that win or help win games. He's a one way player. He brings absolutely nothing on the defensive side.
    Change the tape man...

Default Re: Do you guys consider Kevin Love a player to build a franchise around?

He is probably the best PF, but he is definitely not a franchise player. He puts up great stats but he doesn't impact the game like the true stars do. He is an 'all-star' but not a true franchise player/superstar.

Would be a very good 2nd/3rd option though, no doubt.

He is getting a bit overrated again

I'd take Love 3rd out of everyone in the league.

Honestly, this current Wolves team is only a few moves away from being a serious title contender. Love, Rubio and Pekovic is a pretty awesome core to build around. A nice scorer like Martin and another solid guard in Barea is legit.

If their bench was a little better, they'd be like 1 move away from being a serious title threat.

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Dude has a case of 3rd best player in the league right now. He just can't create for himself on the perimeter.

Absolutely. Only morons wouldn't try to build around a 26/15/5 guy. God this forum is sooooo fckn stupid from reading this thread. Give me a list of players who can put those numbers up.

1. Kevin Love
    2. ????

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    Absolutely. Only morons wouldn't try to build around a 26/15/5 guy. God this forum is sooooo fckn stupid from reading this thread. Give me a list of players who can put those numbers up.

1. Kevin Love
    2. ????
    His numbers up until this year did not transfer into wins.

Honestly, I'd rather have Anthony Davis. He seems like more of a winning player.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    His numbers up until this year did not transfer into wins.

Honestly, I'd rather have Anthony Davis. He seems like more of a winning player.
    Yeah, it's almost like, he was on a bad team or something.

Believe it or not, 1 guy scoring 27 points is never enough to win a game.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

He would be a terrific second option

Yes, I do believe you could build a franchise around him. But he's going to need 2 other big talents to be a title contender, not necessarily superstars but more than just a team of role player pieces - he needs 2 other solid players before that team is going to make serious noise with him as the anchor. But it can be done.

Not at all. He puts up huge numbers, but if you watch the games. His impact isn't always actually there. Plus, I mean if he was that good he'd still influence the Wolves more in the win column than he actually does.

He's one of those ultimate beta, supplemental type pieces. Puts up the 2nd best best all around game on a team. But never THE guy. This much was evident in the FIBA 2010 games, and in the 2012 Olympics.

In a 2nd option, sidekick role? He'd be up there with the likes of: Pippen, Gasol, KG, Dumars, Worthy, Stockton, Westbrook, in that type of capacity on a championship level ball club. A perfect fit.

You're not winning a ring with Kevin Love as your absolute best player though. I think that much is for certain. Nothing anyone says about regular season numbers he puts up will change my mind about that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturn
    Dude has a case of 3rd best player in the league right now. He just can't create for himself on the perimeter.
    Have their been other legit PF's who created for themselves on the perimeter besides Dirk Nowitzki and Derrick Coleman ?

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

On a good team off course he can if he's the #1 guy and the #2/#3 guy are not that far behind him with a good coach why not? The guys team's so far have been ravaged by injury or were not that good I see no reason why he can't be #1 guy.

Decent playground baller dgaras's Avatar

hes not going to take over games that way. hes the ultimate #2 option though. hes like westbrook. they both make a huge difference but people will always look at their negatives instead

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Not at all. He puts up huge numbers, but if you watch the games. His impact isn't always actually there. Plus, I mean if he was that good he'd still influence the Wolves more in the win column than he actually does.
    In 2012 the Wolves were 24-31(.436) with him, and 2-9 (.182) without him.

In 2013 the Wolves were 9-9 (.500) with him, and 22-42(.344) without him. When he did play that season, he played with a broken hand.

Those are really the only years he's had as a star player. 2012 is the year he went on a diet, and got into shape.

Prior to that:

2009: 24-57(.296) with. 0-1(.000) without.
    2010: 12-48(.200) with. 3-19(.136) without.
    2011: 17-56 (.233) with. 0-9 (.000) without
    Last edited by Inactive; 11-13-2013 at 08:07 PM.