Default Late-Night Talk Show STARTALK With Neil degrasse Tyson

Hey, anyone looking forward to this?

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL’S LATE-NIGHT TALK SHOW
    STARTALK HOSTED BY NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON
    TO PREMIERE MONDAY, APRIL 20, AT 11 PM ET/10 PM CT

Based on Dr. Tyson’s prominent podcast of the same name, the hour-long, weekly series infuses pop culture with science, while bringing together comedians and celebrities to delve into a wide range of topics. Each week, in a private interview, Dr. Tyson explores all the ways that science and technology have influenced the life and livelihood of his guests, whatever their background.

After his one-on-one interview, Dr. Tyson invites a comedian co-host and influencers in media, science and pop culture to join him in front of a studio audience in the American Museum of Natural History’s Rose Center for Earth and Space in New York City — where he serves as the Frederick P. Rose Director of the Hayden Planetarium — to further break down the topic. And in each episode, Dr. Tyson calls on his friend Bill Nye the Science Guy to weigh in on the week’s theme; Nye shares his perspective on science, technology and even Star Trek via a pretaped segment.
    If you don't know know who that is, here you go: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=319992

5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Late-Night Talk Show STARTALK With Neil degrasse Tyson

He's a mediocre scientist/thinker like Dawkins and Chopra turned Celebrity for whatever reason, perhaps his charismatic speaking style or his ALl-American upbringing. There are definitely brighter, more innovative minds behind the scenes that'll be a better fit.

Real knowledge ain't meant to be discussed through pop cultures dipsh!t. You want an edukashion? U best start by offering Dresta 95.50$/hr on Skype, minimum, to go through history n philosofee.

That scientific sh!t is the discussion you reserve for your buddies, not meant to be watched on TV.

   

Default Re: Late-Night Talk Show STARTALK With Neil degrasse Tyson

@jefferson airplane,
    you don't quite sound balanced today. why is that? it's not ISH infecting your soul or anything, is it...?

@bladefd,
    i love the dude... have loved him for a long time... but sometimes it seems like he's just everywhere these days.

i started watching his reboot of "cosmos" and quickly lost interest. maybe i should pick it up again, but watered-down tyson is not the best thing. i mean, he's such a wonderful communicator that i trust him to give me his full mind-blast and still bring me along for the ride.

i'll definitely give it a shot, tho. cosmology and cosmic exploration is in a sort of golden age right now, and who better than the man to break it down for us?