Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Default Kobe's all-time rank....

In your opinion where would Kobe rank if out of 7 finals he's been too... if he had 2 epic/dominating finals series , and one great series? Does he move up the ranking or stay the same?

Discuss.
    Last edited by The-Legend-24; 07-17-2011 at 04:27 AM.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe's all-time rank....

Who cares? What if Charlotte says eat a dick Kobe, you 18 year old prima donna, we drafted you and you're playing here. What then?

dominating finals?

which ones?

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Who cares? What if Charlotte says eat a dick Kobe, you 18 year old prima donna, we drafted you and you're playing here. What then?

Then he would have won 10 straight CHAMPIONSHIPS
    and you would be like. KOBEH I LOVES YOU

I hit 30-footers

It would've done absolute wonders. People who don't believe Jordans 1991-1993 Finals have a MASSIVE impact on his legacy are fooling themselves... THE SWITCH. THE SHRUG. THE DOUBLE NICKEL. you shitting me? If Jordan won six championships playing like he did in the 96 Finals, a ton of luster is lost. The problem for Kobe is Jordans 96 Finals are his norm.

If he destroyed '04 Detroit or '08 Boston.....

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bring-Your-Js
    It would've done absolute wonders. People who don't believe Jordans 1991-1993 Finals have a MASSIVE impact on his legacy are fooling themselves... THE SWITCH. THE SHRUG. THE DOUBLE NICKEL. you shitting me? If Jordan won six championships playing like he did in the 96 Finals, a ton of luster is lost. The problem for Kobe is Jordans 96 Finals are his norm.

If he destroyed '04 Detroit or '08 Boston.....
    Wait, what were MJs averages in those finals? wasn't it like 27-5-6 on like 43%?
    i could be wrong.

I hit 30-footers

Quote Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
    Wait, what were MJs averages in those finals? wasn't it like 27-5-6 on like 43%?
    i could be wrong.
    1991: 31.2 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 11.4 APG, 55.8%FG
    1992: 35.8 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 6.5 APG, 52.6%FG
    1993: 41.0 PPG, 8.5 RPG, 6.3 APG, 50.8%FG

Troll who tries to provoke you

Top 12 all time (Top 15 guaranteed).

Had he played in '80s or '90s, Top 20 - 25 all time (neck & neck equal of drexler)

Kobe is very lucky unlike Iverson, Wade, Lebron. Played with NBAs winningest organization & won 3 rings at very young age by playing under the most unstoppable dominant center of '00 era Shaq.

Guys like Drexler, Barkley could easily envy.

I hit 30-footers

Yea those finals performances pretty much cemented his legacy imo.
    It's an absurd standard.

Kobe can't win no matter what, really. I thought he dominated the 2009 Finals more than what his 5-game field goal percentage indicates. It was against the No. 1 defense in the league. So what do people choose to make of it? Well, "the perimeter defense was weak" (not even true). Yet, if he'd gone up against an elite perimeter defender and done the same against a lower tier defensive team they'd say "they were a weak team defense". It's pathetic at times.

Respect and Learn about the game, that's all I can say. A lot of hate Kobe gets stems from people getting upset over a few fanboys TRASHING legends to prop their favorite player. It goes both ways, though.

Kobe is not Jordan. He doesnt have to be. He's a legend and all time great in his own right. That isn't debatable.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bring-Your-Js
    It's an absurd standard.

Kobe can't win no matter what, really. I thought he dominated the 2009 Finals more than what his 5-game field goal percentage indicates. It was against the No. 1 defense in the league. So what do people choose to make of it? Well, "the perimeter defense was weak" (not even true). Yet, if he'd gone up against an elite perimeter defender and done the same against a lower tier defensive team they'd say "they were a weak team defense". It's pathetic at times.

Respect and Learn about the game, that's all I can say. A lot of hate Kobe gets stems from people getting upset over a few fanboys TRASHING legends to prop their favorite player. It goes both ways, though.

Kobe is not Jordan. He doesnt have to be. He's a legend and all time great in his own right. That isn't debatable.
    Some things are fair. Some things aren't.

However, the truth is that Kobe has played something like 40 NBA finals games and he's scored 25 ppg on 41% shooting. There is really nothing wrong with that if it was just a normal player, but this is Kobe. He's being compared (and rightfully so) to some of the best players ever. His performances in the finals have been lackluster overall and its a testament to his team strength that he's won 5 titles given his overall performance on the biggest stage.

How a player performs on the biggest stage matters a lot in the company Kobe is in. And Kobes' performances hurt him a little. Its just the way it is. Imagine MJ playing horribly in game 6 in 98 and Pippen getting the steal and making the game winner. Of course that takes some of the luster off MJ's legacy.

Finals play matters. A lot actually in my opinion. Its why I don't rank Bird over Magic. Its why I have a very hard time ranking Kobe even with or ahead of Shaq/Duncan/Hakeem. Those guys all played some of their best basketball on the biggest stage. Kobe, on the other hand, has played some of his worst playoff basketball on that stage.

Is it fair? Not completely, but you are kidding yourself if you don't think people would view Kobe differently if he shot 48% in the finals for his career rather than 41% and had some dominant performances.

Imagine how differently Kobe would be ranked all time if last year in game 7 he went 12-24 and made the biggest shot of the game or something.

It was a huge difference. You'll notice that people here had Kobe around 8 to 10 before last year. After winning another title and another finals MVP? People have him in the exact same spot. Simply because he played an average series yet again and then came up really small in one of the biggest games of his career.

If that changed, you'd see Kobe ranked higher.

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

In your opinion where would Kobe rank if out of 7 finals he's been too... if he had 2 epic/dominating finals series , and one great series? Does he move up the ranking or stay the same?

Discuss.
    He would probably be in my Top 5

3-time NBA All-Star

Most fans forget that Kobe has been a great PLAYOFF performer. True, he really hasn't had his signature Finals (although he has won two FMVPs), but, he has had more than his share of playoff greatness. Take a look at all of the San Antonio series' throughout the 00's...Kobe was the BEST player on the floor in the majority of them.

Personally, I have Kobe at #8, and ahead of Bird and Hakeem. Bird may have had a slightly higher peak, and performed slightly better overall in his Finals, but Kobe's longer career play, and more team success elevates him in my opinion. And, Hakeem, while brilliant in two post-season runs, did not had the regular season career, nor the post-season team success that Kobe has had. And Hakeem played for 18 seasons, too. I really don't have a problem with those that would rank either ahead of Kobe, but they have to at least acknowledge that Kobe is right there with them.

Banned

Can someone ban this clown?

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalD24
    Can someone ban this clown?
    Which one?

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredBraflowski

Banned

The OP. Annoying little stan.