Default Re: Best Starting 5 White-American NBA Players

Steve Blake
    Gordon Hayward
    Chandler Parsons
    Kevin Love
    Meyers Leonard

Local High School Star

Why would i want an all white starting 5 when i can simply get a bigger faster stronger line up with other races

Redick
    Korver
    Parsons
    Love
    Dirk

We goin' to da shiiiiiiiiip

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by You Cant Ban Me
    Why would i want an all white starting 5 when i can simply get a bigger faster stronger line up with other races
    I mainly did it to see if white/American players could actually make a decent starting 5, and it seems like they'd make a decent one, but not nearly as good as some normal NBA rosters

Banned

Aren't people always bitching and moaning about white people dominating all industries and professions and saying it's unfair to other races? Affirmative action laws are in place to ensure that lesser qualified members of other races are given spots ahead of white people with better qualifications and experience. Now there is a sport where white people aren't #1 and everyone's bitching and moaning and saying white people suck and need to step it up?

There's no way to win.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TripleA
    Its less than 5 percent in Europe.
    can you explain why white europeans are better than white americans at basketball? Athleticism?
    They aren't. Remember Spanoulis? He was the Michael Jordan of Euroleague and could only get 2.8 PPG in NBA and couldn't even beat out Luther Head or Rafer Alston for a starting spot. He only played in garbage time vs other garbage time players, and still averaged less than 3 points a game and shot 31% and 17% from 3.

Meanwhile, Brian Scalabrine goes over to Europe and averages 18/14 on 70% shooting.
    Jordan Farmar goes to Europe and suddenly becomes a superstar. Andrei Kirilenko looks like Lebron James vs Europeans.

Euroleaguers only look good relative to each other. Remember, Rudy Fernandez was like prime Vince Carter in Euroleague.

Euroleaguers play on a tiny court with a WNBA length 3 point line, and are allowed to handcheck and foul eachother and play true zone, which works because most Euroleague shooters suck in comparison to NBA shooters. Guys like Peja Stojakovic and Marco Bellinelli have lead Americans to believe that all Euroleaguers are elite shooters. Don't forget that Peja and Marco were the elite cream of the crop Europeans of their generation-that's the only way they made it to NBA in the first place. Most Euroleaguers are scrubs. Trajan Langdon is a multi-time MVP over there.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 08-10-2015 at 06:59 AM.

I rule the local playground unknowns8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    I remember watching a documentary a while back called "White Men Cant Jump" which took a close, examining look at some of the challenges and preconceptions facing hwhites who particapte in recreational and professional basketball.

Blake | Farmar | Dickau
    Hayward | Redick | Frahm
    Parsons | Korver | Dekker
    Griffin | Love | Lee
    RoLo | Lopez | Kaman

the problem is with point guards

Let Gordon Hayward run point

Hayward
    Korver
    Parsons
    Love
    Zeller

Then run shit loads of switches like the warriors. fill in the squad with good white role players. This team scores 110 points a game. Bad on defense, but a good scheme could pull them through. Fun chemistry between Love and Zeller, with Love throwing those outlets and Zeller running the floor (Cody Zeller is the skinny man's Blake Griffin). Lots of good hustle bigs, so the whites could have them play really really aggressively and just cycle them. Have them hedging out on PnR's and running the floor as much as possible. This team would benefit from playing their home games in the Denver altitude IMO.

bench:
    Ryan Anderson
    Aaron Craft :)
    jj Reddick
    Meyers Leonard
    Chase Budinger
    Tyler Zeller
    Plumlees

Hayward is a really good PnR player.
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 08-10-2015 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    white americans dominate golf/baseball/racing/pool/bowling/MMA/football and whatever part of hockey the white canadians leave them.. all while also dominating wallstreet/the business market and entertainment industry and world in general

what more do you want from them?

bowling?
    racing?

they dominate MMA?

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    bowling?
    racing?

they dominate MMA?
    White Americans can't even claim the most dominant white guy in UFC history because he was a French-Canadian

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    White Americans can't even claim the most dominant white guy in UFC history because he was a French-Canadian
    Prime Chuck Liddell had a crazy run at one point. Don't forget his prime.

Avenged all of his losses in the UFC, and went on a tear, KO/TKO'ing 7-straight people. I wonder if that's ever been matched? Being a contender and then defending title an KO/TKO opponent 7-times.

Chuck was 20-3 at his peak.
    GSP is at 25-2 (but of his last 10 wins, he only finished 2) the other 8 went to a decision (so not truly that dominant) and, his last win was a controversial split decision.

In Chuck's 23 fights (prime era) he had 13 finishes by KO/TKO (very impressive).

GSP has had 27 fights and he has 8 finishes by KO/TKO.

Chuck can also claim that he is the only guy to finish Allistar Overeem (elite K-1 level striker) on his feet with strikes at 205.