Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: NBA Finals stats

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Oh wow... they're reallly getting into their own

Would love to see without 2007

His 2014 ones could be so much better also, if his team kept it close in the 4th quarters of game 4 and game 5

True that. better luck next year. LBJ > Durant and Westbrook vs. Spurs.

His 2014 ones could be so much better also, if his team kept it close in the 4th quarters of game 4 and game 5
    Or he showed up for those quarters.

Dirk's stats look pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk

How about Wade and Bosh having a much worst stats than their 2013 Finals stats??

Lebron was like a one man army in the Finals. Lebron shouldn't be blame just like Shaq in the 2004 NBA Finals. Their teammates let them down.

I'm sure down 20+ you guys would have loved to see LeBron score in double digits with it making absolutely NO difference to the outcome of the game...

That wouldn't have been deemed stat-padding, right?

Nothing worked with no help. He put up this quarter before the 4th, you huge Ignoramus.

3rd Quarter:
    LeBron James: 19 Points on 7-9
    Rest of Team: 2 Points on 1-9

Through 3 Quarters:
    LeBron: 28 on 10-15 66.6%
    Wade: 4 Points on 1-10 10%

LeBron with 10 made field goals, rest of the Heat also 10 made field goals.

Apart from Lebron, the rest of the team are going 10/36

LeBron scores 19 of Miami's 21 points in the 3rd Q & @Spurs halftime lead increases by 5. Now up 24 heading into 4thQ

What a bum... should have showed up, his team would have a chance...

OH WAIT, maybe it doesn't work when no one else is hitting shots...

The incredibly disappointing thing about this is, that you're a Wilt stan.. yet completely lack understanding for the game and what it means for a TEAM to win, what needs to happen in order for the TEAM to win. You're a lost case.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    How about Wade and Bosh having a much worst stats than their 2013 Finals stats??

Lebron was like a one man army in the Finals. Lebron shouldn't be blame just like Shaq in the 2004 NBA Finals. Their teammates let them down.
    I don't blame Lebron for them losing. The Spurs were better and the rest of the Heat looked old and gassed, or just plain sucked.

That being said, Lebron would look like Jordan for a quarter and be super dominant, and then he'd go hide in the corner. Dude would have the ball at the top of the key one on one against some Spur not named Kwai who he should have been able to blow by, and he was looking to pass.

That's my problem with Lebron in the finals. But yeah, he was the only Heat that showed up.

I don't blame Lebron for them losing. The Spurs were better and the rest of the Heat looked old and gassed, or just plain sucked.

That being said, Lebron would look like Jordan for a quarter and be super dominant, and then he'd go hide in the corner. Dude would have the ball at the top of the key one on one against some Spur not named Kwai who he should have been able to blow by, and he was looking to pass.

That's my problem with Lebron in the finals. But yeah, he was the only Heat that showed up.

I agree. Heat looking old in the NBA Finals. Pat should have surrounded them with younger role players. And I don't understand why Beasley was bench by Spo in January. He was a solid 6th man at the start of the season.

It was actually a blow out. If the game was much closer. He could have average over 30 ppg.

I'm sure down 20+ you guys would have loved to see LeBron score in double digits with it making absolutely NO difference to the outcome of the game...

That wouldn't have been deemed stat-padding, right?

Nothing worked with no help. He put up this quarter before the 4th, you huge Ignoramus.

I'm not faulting James for the Heat losing. The rest of his teammates were shit for most of the series. What I find odd is how he could dominate for a quarter, and then be so passive the rest of the game.

Yeah, he put up good numbers. He was the only Heat who played well. Good for him. But why was only dominant for one quarter? He's Lebron. Supposedly the best player on the planet. The guy with the super physique.

Did he just tire out and Spo couldn't afford to rest him?

I'm not faulting James for the Heat losing. The rest of his teammates were shit for most of the series. What I find odd is how he could dominate for a quarter, and then be so passive the rest of the game.

Yeah, he put up good numbers. He was the only Heat who played well. Good for him. But why was only dominant for one quarter? He's Lebron. Supposedly the best player on the planet. The guy with the super physique.

Game 4, 3rd Quarter:

Spurs up 19

LeBron scores 19 points on 7-9, his teammates score 2 points on 1-9...

The Spurs lead into the 4th quarter went up to 24...

Does this look like LeBron going Superman mode worked?

Sure, he could do this.. any time. BUT IT DIDN'T WORK. He tried both sides. Either go berzerk or have anyone take shots, as everyone needed to get going to beat the Spurs...

I think it's one of the main reasons. Lebron was playing non stop basketball from 2010 to 2014. Thank God he didn't play in the 2014 FIBA World Championship. He's also in a much better shape this season. I expect him to regain his explosiveness. and play solid defense.

Digging the effort Would love to see more of Doc's ABA highlights / full games. Especially of his finals.

Oh wow... they're reallly getting into their own

Would love to see without 2007

2007, and 2011 killed his averages.

Putrid Finals performances. PPG volume especially. Part of the 2013 series did too. But his all around numbers are absurd. If that volume PPG was near the elite Finals performers of 25+ and in the 30's. He'd pretty much be GOAT Finals averages.

Still, hard to imagine he's been to 5x Finals and he's not even 30 years old yet.

Most impressive Finals performers, based purely on the numbers, to me:

1) MJ
    2) West
    3) Shaq
    4) Magic
    5) Bird
    6) Hakeem
    7) Isiah
    8) Barry
    9) Drexler
    10) LeBron

HM: Surprising but ... Jason Kidd

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    2007, and 2011 killed his averages.

Putrid Finals performances. PPG volume especially. Part of the 2013 series did too. But his all around numbers are absurd. If that volume PPG was near the elite Finals performers of 25+ and in the 30's. He'd pretty much be GOAT Finals averages.

Still, hard to imagine he's been to 5x Finals and he's not even 30 years old yet.

Most impressive Finals performers, based purely on the numbers, to me:

1) MJ
    2) West
    3) Shaq
    4) Magic
    5) Bird
    6) Hakeem
    7) Isiah
    8) Barry
    9) Drexler
    10) LeBron

HM: Surprising but ... Jason Kidd
    2011 was underwhelming, now I don't have the averages lined up infront of me, but if LeBron averages 25 ppg WITH 2007, it must be around 26 without 2007, on 50%.... WITH 2011. Still pretty neat.

2011 was underwhelming, now I don't have the averages lined up infront of me, but if LeBron averages 25 ppg WITH 2007, it must be around 26 without 2007, on 50%.... WITH 2011. Still pretty neat.
    Yes, and if we only count his 50+ point games, he has a career average of 50+ ppg!!

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    Yes, and if we only count his 50+ point games, he has a career average of 50+ ppg!!
    Totally the same thing