Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony is skilled but OVERWEIGHT.

He's a little chubby, but he's leaned out over the last couple of seasons. In any event, it doesn't seem to have hindered his game much. He's still got lighting-quick footwork, especially that first step.

Quote Originally Posted by postmupndunkit
    I concur. BMI tells you a whole HELLUVA lot about your health. Are you underweight, average, or overweight....Hmmmm I
    According to BMI, I'm on the verge of being obese even though I lift and do cardio 6 days out of the week. When you are an athlete with more muscle than the average person, it doesn't tell you much at all. He does carry a little more fat than he should, but he is not even close to being obese. I don't understand why he wouldn't strive to get into peak shape either though. He's one of those guys who I think will be really good even after he ages and his body starts to deteriorate. I think it will be the opposite for Lebron.

weird, bmi says i'm normal weight but i'm past my physical prime and i've gained some useless pounds over the past few years

his fat is put to good use with his post game

unlike someone down in miami

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
    BMI is more suited for average people.
    For Pro Athletes, you can't just use BMI and call them fat. Pro Athletes have a higher muscle to fat ratio anyways.
    Melo isn't fat, he's big. He's like LeBron but without the Point Guard skills and knows how to post up and has craftier ways to score.

Do you think LeBron's fat then?
    You kidding me? Melo shows no muscle outline. LBJ has bulging biceps to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by z14h
    You kidding me? Melo shows no muscle outline. LBJ has bulging biceps to begin with.
    Melo has a muscle outline but having all those tattoos and being lighter skinned its harder to see.

Not airballing my layups anymore Heat1011's Avatar

If Melo is overweight, then LeBron is obese.

Banned

Like LeBron.

These two dudes would average 80 per game if they only had proper conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    You must not realize how unbelievably strong he is. He is like LeBron's size except he knows how to post up.
    1. lebron is 1 inch taller and has more muscle and still does circles around him.....

2. muscle weighs more than fat....... so it is possible for carmelo to have more fat than lets say lebron at that size and still weigh less........... simply because he doesnt have that much musclemass as lebron....

3. you are a retard.... carmelo posts up more only because he is not lebron.... lebron doesnt give you a chance by posting you up... any moron can post up.... doesnt even take much skill... if you are king kong and post somebody up for the first time in your life im sure you will back him down all the way to the hoop and just lay it in.......... no... lebron instead blows by you and jumps over you with his testies in your face...... .........

serously am sick of these lebron post up statements....... have you been watching anytime he posted up? he would ragdoll anybody with ease.... teams double-triple team lebron in the post immediately............. thats how he gets alot of his assists....... rtrd
    Last edited by pauk; 07-17-2011 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    Like LeBron!?!?!?.

These two dudes would average 80 per game if they only had proper conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    1. lebron is 1 inch taller and has more muscle and still does circles around him.....

2. muscle weighs more than fat....... so it is possible for carmelo to have more fat than lets say lebron at that size and still weigh less........... simply because he doesnt have that much musclemass as lebron....

3. you are a retard.... carmelo posts up more only because he is not lebron.... lebron doesnt give you a chance by posting you up... any moron can post up.... doesnt even take much skill... if you are king kong and post somebody up for the first time in your life im sure you will back him down all the way to the hoop and just lay it in.......... no... lebron instead blows by you and jumps over you with his testies in your face...... .........

serously am sick of these lebron post up statements....... have you been watching anytime he posted up? he would ragdoll anybody with ease.... teams double-triple team lebron in the post immediately............. thats how he gets alot of his assists....... rtrd
    Name me that game.

Post 1 game in which LeBron has "ran circles around Melo". Whenever they match up it is always a draw which goes to show what a real rivalry is about.

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
    Melo should lose weight, though, NY is going to need him to play major minutes next year.
    He has played major minutes his entire career.

I'm apalled at how a lot of these guys eat, too - you're a pro athlete in a sport that basically requires 40 minutes a night of wind sprints, how the hell can you have fat in your face?
    As large athletes get older their faces get fatter, it comes as a result of an elevated calorie intake over a long period of time. Its just a natural occurence & it comes gradually.

You're forgetting that a 6'8 230lb man is a huge guy regardless. In order to be a professional athlete it is going to require a lot more to maintain physical shape at that size. That is proven by how these guys get once their career ends and they no longer need to get in "sports shape".

If Carmelo is overweight, than I bet 90% of this forum would qualify as morbidly obese.

He's not even remotely close to being overweight. The guy is just extremely strong.

Learning to shoot layups forensic91's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    If Carmelo is overweight, than I bet 90% of this forum would qualify as morbidly obese.

He's not even remotely close to being overweight.
    Agree. I bet that 99.99% of the people on this forum saying that he is fat are much fatter than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent

He's not even remotely close to being overweight.
    Exactly. He came into the league listed at 220lbs. Hes probably around 230-240lbs right now following his 8th full NBA season.

An underweight forward would be 200-210lbs. Look at Nicolas Batum for example. Thats why I dont see the advocation by a few clueless members for him to go on a diet to drop 20-30lbs for the sake of what?
    Last edited by Rowe; 07-17-2011 at 12:50 AM.