Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony is skilled but OVERWEIGHT.

He has a chubby face, but he isn't fat. Same thing for Randolph, who isn't FAT fat like Curry, but still gets lumped with him due to his fat face.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

He's not that fat.

BEASTING ON YOU BUMZ postmupndunkit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
    BMI is more suited for average people.
    For Pro Athletes, you can't just use BMI and call them fat. Pro Athletes have a higher muscle to fat ratio anyways.
    Melo isn't fat, he's big. He's like LeBron but without the Point Guard skills and knows how to post up and has craftier ways to score.

Do you think LeBron's fat then?
    Nope.... muscles galore. He has the body of a football player. Look @ that pic of Melo holding the kid UP...........

If is arm were down he'd look 4 months pregnant. LOL @ Zach Randolph---I see what you mean. Maybe Melo just doesn't have enough neck for his pie face having azz....................

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by postmupndunkit
    Nope.... muscles galore. He has the body of a football player. Look @ that pic of Melo holding the kid UP...........

If is arm were down he'd look 4 months pregnant. LOL @ Zach Randolph---I see what you mean. Maybe Melo just doesn't have enough neck for his pie face having azz....................
    Yup, he looks 4 months pregnant with his arms down.

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
    BMI is more suited for average people.
    For Pro Athletes, you can't just use BMI and call them fat. Pro Athletes have a higher muscle to fat ratio anyways.
    Melo isn't fat, he's big. He's like LeBron but without the Point Guard skills and knows how to post up and has craftier ways to score.

Do you think LeBron's fat then?
    Lebron looks solind this dude looks soft

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Big One
    lol BMI? thats the most garbage stat to determine how healthy a person is
    Yeah, body fat percentage is a lot better. Hell, technically Reggie Bush is morbidly obese being like 5'10 and 220. That said, I think a lot of non-athletes really over-estimate how much muscle and how little fat they have, but that's another rant.

Melo should lose weight, though, NY is going to need him to play major minutes next year. I'm apalled at how a lot of these guys eat, too - you're a pro athlete in a sport that basically requires 40 minutes a night of wind sprints, how the hell can you have fat in your face? I did a huge cut this year and went from 240 to 190 (I've been lifting for years so I wasn't grotesquely obese or anything, but I'd started to get a bit of a spare tire) and it did incredible things for my endurance when I play sports. Melo could drop 20 pounds in two months if he just upped his cardio (I'm sure he already does a ton) and went on a paleo diet instead of just eating whatever he wants like a lot of these guys. There's no excuse for a pro athlete to have junk food in his house or even drink more than once every other week or so.

GiveItToBurrito

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Yup, he looks 4 months pregnant with his arms down.

I wouldn't go that far, but he's probably around 17% body fat and should get it down to 10% (real 10% which most people seem to mistake for closer to 15%).

For all the people saying he needs to lose weight, why give away his MAJOR advantage. Dude is a bully with all that weight down there.

GiveItToBurrito

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    For all the people saying he needs to lose weight, why give away his MAJOR advantage. Dude is a bully with all that weight down there.
    He could cut weight then add a bit of muscle, it's not like he won't have time to do a bulk/cut cycle this summer. Hell, with the lack of league that can test for drugs, he could theoretically take steroids and bulk and cut at the same time if he really wanted to.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Has his alleged fat prevent him from performing on the court?

Not one bit.

I don't understand those defending him. He could be in better shape and perform BETTER, athletes should always be looking to improve. who wants a star player who is content with their present self and doesn't want to improve anymore?
    Muscle > fat so if he cut fat, gained muscle, and maintained the same weight he would be even more beast in the post not to mention quicker, better conditioned, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    I don't understand those defending him. He could be in better shape and perform BETTER, athletes should always be looking to improve. who wants a star player who is content with their present self and doesn't want to improve anymore?
    Muscle > fat so if he cut fat, gained muscle, and maintained the same weight he would be even more beast in the post not to mention quicker, better conditioned, etc.
    Were people saying the same about Paul Pierce?

Just because he's not ripped like Amar'e or LeBron doesn't make him fat. He just has a different body type. He's probably stronger than LeBron, just not as defined.

He has a chubby face but he's not fat he doesn't play like a fat player either he's really quick and fast underrated in that way. He could improve his conditioning tho doesn't need to but if he did he would be able to a lot more things on the court that would make him a better all around player and put him in that Lebron/Wade tier.

He's not fat to me, but he's not in great physical shape either. He could definitely tone up and bring his body fat percentage down more than likely.