Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: What if Pippen retired in '93 instead of Jordan?

They win it all in 94. Jordan is probably still in his prime and there would be enough people writing the Bulls off that the motivation factor is still huge. Furthermore, those guys had developed so much chemistry by that point, and the key guys i.e. Jordan, Grant, BJ were all still relatively young but also experienced, and of course they made some key additions. More importantly, I don't see what team is beating them. 95 is a different story. Jordan probably isn't in his prime and has to carry more of a load with the front court depleted from Grant's departure and one of the Magic and Rockets would've been too much IMO.

Decent playground baller AkronAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Saw this mentioned in another thread, and I've never actually heard of this scenario discussed before, but it's one I find interesting none the less. So let's say it's Pippen who retires after the '93 season, and comes back when Jordan did in '95, how do you see those two seasons playing out?
    I've never thought of it either. Jordan probably gets further, but not the championships.

Basketball Genius

did pippen's dad die too?