Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MCW's shotchart

Banned

Default Re: MCW's shotchart

I got in an argument a week ago with my roommate who thought MCW was Philly's "best player." He also said they were stupid for trading him for a potential top 10 pick. He thinks he's good just because he won ROY as if he isn't the worst ROY of all time.

I think he could be a potential top 10 PG if he was a really good shooter but he is ****ing AWFUL. Dude is a brick machine.

I like MCW, purely because he makes Rubio's shooting less atrocious by comparison

Banned

The ROY award lost all credibility it had left last season. Sucks for Wiggins because he deserves it but MCW ruined it for everyone else.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Carter-Williams was a beast today. 30 points and 8 assists against LeBron and the Cavaliers.

I'm not sure where all this MCW hate is coming from considering that his rookie year was just as good, if not better than Wiggins' rookie year was. MCW is a legit future all-star. He has all the tools and he showed it today

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blood yes
    Carter-Williams was a beast today. 30 points and 8 assists against LeBron and the Cavaliers.

I'm not sure where all this MCW hate is coming from considering that his rookie year was just as good, if not better than Wiggins' rookie year was. MCW is a legit future all-star. He has all the tools and he showed it today
    I'm not as down on MCW as some others, but this is why you don't use one game to prove a point. Mo Williams scored 50+ points in a single game earlier in the year. Guys get into a rhythm, opponents don't respect them quite enough, defenses are lazy... things happen.

The reason MCW has been getting a lot of grief is he has been one of the least efficient starters in the NBA this season. He's shooting 38% from the field, an abhorrent 13% from three and >70% from the line.

He's averaging 12.8 points on 12.0 shots per game. Yeah, he's averaging close to 7 assists a game, but while also committing 4 turnovers every night.

He's had a really major sophomore slump and the other thing is that he is relatively old for being in just his second season (over 23 years old already). For example, Kyrie Irving is 6 months younger than MCW.

The good news is that you can't teach height/length and he presents matchup problems for other PGs and even SGs because of those measurables. The bad news is very rarely do you see a player that is this bad of a shooter become even average in that department, and that's a part of the game that is vital for guards in today's NBA unless they are prime Rondo-level playmakers... which he isn't. He's more scorer than facilitator.

He should watch Shaun Livingston play. Post up those smaller guards, don't ever take 3's, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawly-G
    Have no idea why the Bucks gave up Brandon Knight for this guy. They've been utterly terrible and have fallen down into a sub .500 team since this trade. My goodness...
    They had no intentions on paying B.Knight so they decided to get something instead of nothing in free agency.

And yes since trade they have been putrid. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Well Milbuck has a whole slew of stats to prove how wrong you are, precipitous post-Knight fall-off be damned.
    He's a delusional fool who always has had a bone to pick with James Harden. Can't believe any shit coming out from his mouth, at all.

MCW with 30/8 tonight. GOBB is FUMING right now

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    MCW with 30/8 tonight. GOBB is FUMING right now
    Did Kidd finally get through to him? Or is this a fluke? LOL@Cavs defense.

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    Did Kidd finally get through to him? Or is this a fluke? LOL@Cavs defense.
    Kidd must be getting through to him. Just like I said he would. I'm fvcking right again, period.

EAT SHIT GOBB

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Millbuck and Gobb will be the longest lasting rivalry

Someone post MCW stats as a buck. Withhold laughter

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Someone post MCW stats as a buck. Withhold laughter
    One 30 point game has you this mad?

Jury's still out