Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default What if LeBron loses to the Spurs again... How would that affect his 'legacy'?

As we all know, without a miracle shot from Ray Allen, LeBron is 0-3 vs. the Spurs in the finals. Pop and co. own LeBron. LeBron is on the receiving end of two of the biggest beat downs in finals history thanks to the Spurs.

So what happens if the Cavs walk in free to the finals because the east is shit, and the Spurs are waiting?

LeBron would be 1 for 4 against the Spurs and 2 for 6 overall in the finals.

That's not a top 20 resume. That's a "I got owned over and over again in the finals" legacy.

Which will only prove what we already know; LeBron is a mental midget and a terrible championship performer. Worst I've ever seen.

Durant beat the Spurs his first try in the playoffs and LeBron is still getting owned into his 30's.

Default Re: What if LeBron loses to the Spurs again... How would that affect his 'legacy'?

If he loses then he faced a much better team?

Default Re: What if LeBron loses to the Spurs again... How would that affect his 'legacy'?

Please, no more Duncan - Lebron Finals..

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    As we all know, without a miracle shot from Ray Allen, LeBron is 0-3 vs. the Spurs in the finals. Pop and co. own LeBron. LeBron is on the receiving end of two of the biggest beat downs in finals history thanks to the Spurs.

So what happens if the Cavs walk in free to the finals because the east is shit, and the Spurs are waiting?

That's not a top 20 resume. That's a "I got owned over and over again in the finals" legacy.

Which will only prove what we already know; LeBron is a mental midget and a terrible championship performer. Worst I've ever seen.

Durant beat the Spurs his first try in the playoffs and LeBron is still getting owned into his 30's.
    Unless you have the footage that shows Durant playing 1v5 vs Spurs, STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
    If he loses then he faced a much better team?
    That's never the case though. LeBron has back stabbed his home town just to play on the most stacked team. He quit on Pat Riley to ensure he continues to play for the most stacked team.

Any team LeBron plays for is automatically the best. People vouch for his recruiting skills and brag about how everyone wants to play with him. It's actually true. LeBron is a great recruiter and is surrounded by the best talent every single year.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Please, no more Duncan - Lebron Finals..
    That would indeed be disastrous for your boy, Kobe.

Either:

6 rings, (possibly) 4 FMVP's.

Or

3 rings, (possibly) 3 FMVP's.

So basically, either Duncan surpasses Kobe in ring count or LeBron passes Kobe in FMVP's count. Lose-lose situation for the Mamba.

NBA Superstar

Still in the 9-13 tier.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    Still in the 9-13 tier.

As we all know, without a miracle shot from Ray Allen, LeBron is 0-3 vs. the Spurs in the finals.
    well seeing this is reality and not the fantasy land you live in, the Spurs are 2-1 against a Lebron led team...so far from "owning" when they are 1-series apart from being tied

as for a Spurs vs Cavs matchup...it's not going to be anywhere close to what happened with Lebron in Miami last year (Lebron vs Spurs, really). i can certainly see the series going 6-7 games, with either team winning.

the Spurs don't really have an answer for slowing down Kyrie, and the gameplan for the Spurs doesn't only stop at shutting down Lebron as it was with the Heat.

Good High School Starter

Lebron's legacy is secure regardless. He will be a top 10 player (if he's not there already) and that is nothing to sneeze at.

Now for those that suggest he's a top fiver or on MJ's level, that's a tough sell when he's coming up short in the Finals.

As it is, he's not surpassing Duncan any time soon given his track record (plus, no sane GM would take LBJ over Duncan to start a franchise anyway).

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

It clearly will depend on his performance in said finals. If he performs poorly of course it will have detrimental impact on his legacy, but basketball is a team game. There are 10 players on the court at the same time, to act as if one player will determine the outcome is ludicrous.

Would you prefer Lebron to lose in the first round or in the finals? I see some posters on here who act as if losing in the finals is far worse than actually getting to that stage.

It's not really possible to say what it would mean without seeing HOW it goes down.

A lot of people say that 2007 shouldn't be held against bran because his team was lucky to even be there. And they're right - except, it gets worse when you look at his production. Yes, he was 22, but he played like dog shit. It means something.

2014 is a unique case. Miami looked just fine in the ECF... it's like suddenly... every single player on the roster EXCEPT for bran just fell off a cliff. Deny it if you want, but you know I'm right. People like to blah blah blah about how he was stat-padding in garbage time or whatever... but a superstar scorer needs his teammates to help him produce. No one can do it alone. Wade was SHIT, Bosh was shit, no one could shoot... my god, Mario Chalmers was basically walking the ball up the court and just handing it to the closest San Antonio player. Wade is supposed to be one of the greatest two guards in history, and Danny Green was literally just taking the ball right out of his hands. It's honestly insane to hold 2014 against bran, and shows nothing but bias or "I didn't actually watch that shit".

The only thing for sure that can be said about your question is that it would give anti-bran trolls a lot of ammo.

LeBron turned 30 four months ago
    We don't know if the Spurs own him in his 30's yet

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulAngel
    It clearly will depend on his performance in said finals. If he performs poorly of course it will have detrimental impact on his legacy, but basketball is a team game. There are 10 players on the court at the same time, to act as if one player will determine the outcome is ludicrous.

Would you prefer Lebron to lose in the first round or in the finals? I see some posters on here who act as if losing in the finals is far worse than actually getting to that stage.
    He plays in the East and has by far the most stacked team in his conference. Making the finals isn't some grand achievement. So when he loses with stacked teams in the finals and plays like shit.... yeah, it affects his already flimsy legacy.

A MJ or Durant led team would have no issues with the Spurs if they were surrounded with the talent LeBron is, which is why I'll always hold them in higher regard than LeBald.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe_6/8
    LeBron turned 30 four months ago
    We don't know if the Spurs own him in his 30's yet
    Educated assumption.

I've seen enough of LeBron in the finals. I know what to expect: No urgency, half-assed leadership, and a lot of bricks.