Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default The Future Of The Nba After TV Mega Deal Has Expired Looks Real Real Bad

People don't realize how the events that have happened over the past 30 years to get the association to where it is today and the money it will get with mega deal.

10 years from now, when mega deal is up, who is going to be the one, ones that make the league grow?

The past 30 years we had perfect events to make it grow exponentially every 10 years. Before magic and bird, the league wasn't doing that well, struggling.

We had polarizing players, players that were god like and even non hardcore fans knew who they were. And rivalries. Besides goat players, nothing brings in fans like that.

The players had a one in a lifetime feel to them. You were never gonna see a 6'9" point guard like magic ever. A white guy dominating a now black dominated sport. A true goat with the flair and funk on and off the court with his shoes and marketing. The most dominant big man ever. The two "next mj's".

They all hit it on the head and kept driving ratings and growth every year.

80's

Magic and bird came into the league at same time.

To historic rivals.

Rivalry of lakers vs celtics alone added to nationwide excitement. Everyone watched. Even regular season games. Bird and magic lived up to their hype, becoming top 10 all time players and renewed one of the best rivalries in all of sports.

Ratings thru the roof.

90's

Mj. Single handledly took the game to another level. His on the court funk, never seen before. Unmatched winning. Unmatched marketing. Took the league to another planet.

00's

Shaq and the two "next mj's"

Shaq came in with so much hype and lived up to it. Killed it. Dominated. Did things never before seen. Great personality. Good for marketing.

Kobe and bron. Came into the league out of high school. Soooooo much hype. Exceeded the hype. Won rangs. Kept driving ratings thru the roof.

So, in 10 years, when the TV mega deal is up, who and what is going to keep the league GROWING ?

With free agency and collusion , rivalries are out the window.

What players are POLARIZING and grab the attention of the non serious fan?

Anthony Davis in the next 5-10 years will be the best player in league. But he is dry as saltines. The first thing people say about him after his basketball skills is that he has one eyebrow.

Steph curry?

10 years from now, bron will be retired. Duncan done. Kobe will be hanging on playing 6 minutes a game for the raptors. (Haha)

Over the next 10 years , star players will be demanding easily 20-30 million a year. Starters 10/15 a year because of all the TV revenue.

Who is going to ELEVATE the game like the past 30 years? Above and beyond so that TV companies would want to drop even more billions after this deal is done.

I forecast some bad bad things when these huge huge contracts are still in place when this new deal ends and teams won't get that TV money to cover them.

Unless who, Joel Embid , Karl Anthony towns and the likes turn into personalities the public will like Along with record setting performances to drive even higher ratings?

Watch.

Default Re: The Future Of The Nba After TV Mega Deal Has Expired Looks Real Real Bad

Davis is really talented and durant is more talented than prime kobe.
    Only health can stop durant from being at least top 15 all time if not higher.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: The Future Of The Nba After TV Mega Deal Has Expired Looks Real Real Bad

Deangelo Russel

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    Davis is really talented and durant is more talented than prime kobe.
    Only health can stop durant from being at least top 15 all time if not higher.
    Except no Durant is great, but what makes him more talented than Prime Kobe?

Prime Lebron maybe. But not Prime Kobe. Good try tho.

A Cavs Vs Okc finals matchup would be goat tho, like multiple finals matchups each trading victories and such.

NBA lottery pick

League will be fine. NFL has more to worry about with concussions and such. Will people even care about the MLB in 10 years? The NBA is growing and will continue to attract the greatest athletes on the planet. Nothing to fear.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneneo
    Except no Durant is great, but what makes him more talented than Prime Kobe?

Prime Lebron maybe. But not Prime Kobe. Good try tho.

A Cavs Vs Okc finals matchup would be goat tho, like multiple finals matchups each trading victories and such.
    Lebron and Durant have had better seasons than prime Kobe.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Is this dude really asking us to make predictions 10 years into the future about a multi billion dollar business?

Lol eh, not really. Bron has benefited from playing in the weak east which inflates his stats. I'd give Durant's mvp season over Prime Kobe tho.

Lebron ain't up there with them Gods tho.

Under 30% from outside the paint lmao

It goes

Jordan

Kobe
    Durant(has a good chance to over take Kobe with 4-5 rings)

Lebron(playing in the weak east, teaming up with a former Fmvp winner and 3rd greatest sg of all time, along with a 20 & 10 big man to get rings)

It's not about having better seasons than whoever.

It's about marketability.

And living up to the hype that THE AVERAGE fan has ALREADY heard.

I did a poll the other day. Asked random sports fans this.

What sport does lebron James play for?

Everyone got that right.

What sport does Peyton manning play?

Everyone got that right.

What sport does steph curry play?

NO ONE got that right.

The reigning mvp, and just won finals. And of the 5 people I asked. NO ONE got it right.

That's what I mean.

That's what drives ratings, which therefore makes TV companies want to pay big money which allows players to get record contracts.

The league has to GROW like never before to make that money back.

Who gonna do it?

Who's gonna be the one, ones that make the average sports fan watch? Because they are the ones that ultimately determine how much money the league gets, the owners get and the players get. And if the TV companies and teams can't make profit, everyone is screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    It's not about having better seasons than whoever.

It's about marketability.

And living up to the hype that THE AVERAGE fan has ALREADY heard.

I did a poll the other day. Asked random sports fans this.

What sport does lebron James play for?

Everyone got that right.

What sport does Peyton manning play?

Everyone got that right.

What sport does steph curry play?

NO ONE got that right.

The reigning mvp, and just won finals. And of the 5 people I asked. NO ONE got it right.

That's what I mean.

That's what drives ratings, which therefore makes TV companies want to pay big money which allows players to get record contracts.

The league has to GROW like never before to make that money back.

Who gonna do it?

Who's gonna be the one, ones that make the average sports fan watch? Because they are the ones that ultimately determine how much money the league gets, the owners get and the players get. And if the TV companies and teams can't make profit, everyone is screwed.
    guys like durant are marketable and i see davis and curry also will become household names

It's pretty simple OP. The league will build a New Star. Wiggins, Parker, Russel, Embiid, Davis, etc someone will be thrust-ed into super stardom.

Banned

OP is retarded.

did I just read?

OP stfu. There is already a bigger stronger Lebron coming into the L next year. Ben Simmons from LSU. Also I am pretty sure Wiggins can become the next FroBe. He has a strong work ethic and has an exciting team built around him

DeAngelo only needs to become a Top 16 PG and he will get amazing hype built around him

Jabari Parker has a great defensive team built next to him

76ers have great bigs

Trust me the future is bright

Quote Originally Posted by theoneneo
    It's pretty simple OP. The league will build a New Star. Wiggins, Parker, Russel, Embiid, Davis, etc someone will be thrust-ed into super stardom.

Yea I know.

But enough to be household names and stories behind it like bird and magic , Jordan, Shaq Kobe and bron?

And as a business, the league has to GROW just to maintain those numbers. And grow exponentially to get more after this deal.

I just don't see it in PROPORTIONED to how much money TV companies, teams have to make to cover what they are going to pay players the next 10 years.