Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Whos the most boring all time great??

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    Nash's game is boring now?

I can see why some would find Timmy's game boring but always loved to watch him play, especially in his prime.

So, Duncan's not that boring because he has variety of post moves and is a great passer but then again Kareem's the most boring? Because Jabbar didn't have a variety of post moves and wasn't a great passer And then some...

You must be talking about old ass Kareem there though (and even so)...
    To me there's nothing boring about a 7'2 center moving around extremely well, jumping very high, dunking ferociously at times, while being a great rebounder, a shot eraser, a great passer at the 5, could run the break, had tremendous offensive IQ, with many moves on the block, equipped with a fadeaway and hitting skyhooks from everywhere, which to me was just poetry in motion, amazing to see, the greatest basketball move ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_xZWKVUyaY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qak1eeHqfJ8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uTtcKfo2T8

What's boring about that?
    Yeah I was about to say.. like Kareem didn't have a sick post game. I find him very entertaining, just dominating his oppsition.

Tim Duncan.

The ISH'ers Champion!

I got my Top 5 most exciting.

Magic
    Kobe
    Jordan
    Hakeem
    Bird

Duncan is boring but he's not the most boring. Dude can get on a groove and his smoothness can be beauty. Well, at least back in the day when he was a scoring force. Those sweet hooks uhhmmm..... perfection.

I say Wilt and Russell. Cause hell I didn't watch much of them and what i did watch on youtube sucks. Kareem after them - I did watch some substantial footage of him...but that sky-hook tho...

So out of the Top 10 that's that. If we are talking Top 15, then LeBaldo is my pick - dude's moves are just raw and grotesque. Oscar, Isiah, Doctor J, West... all smoothness and flash in the Top 15.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 07-06-2015 at 08:59 AM.

Local High School Star

50 000 views

Quote Originally Posted by Nikola_
    50 000 views
    and only 5 pages, strong view to post count ratio

I think it's because there isn't much of an argument, Lebron and Duncan seem to have this on lock

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    Kareem is the most boring. If you've seen 5 Kareem games you've seen 'em all. He's like a sky hook robot. The only fun part is watching him fight for position on the box and the rare times he would show emotion and get into a confrontation.

I don't think Duncan is that boring. He has a variety of post moves and is a great passer. I loved watching him go against Shaq back in the day. He has the classic Duncan face and googly eyes when a call goes against him. He has a low key sense of humor. Probably wouldn't tune in to watch him in a random January game against some scrub team though.
    I've never found Kareem's skyhook boring and I don't see why people find it so. It's like finding Jordan's or Kobe's fadeaways boring. It's a graceful move. Some of his passes are really great as well, as are some of his blocked shots (even failed attempts, with him typically jumping on one foot, with his head routinely getting near rim level). Plus, he'd often outsmart his opponents who'd expect a sky hook and instead spin for a dunk or take a jump shot.
    For me, the most boring star player would be probably someone like Alex English, a mid range shot master with as much flash in just about everything he did as a typical FT shooter when taking FT's.
    Btw, although most fans generally consider them exciting, nothing makes my eyes hurt more than small guys dribbling for 20'', desperately trying to create flashy stuff and still failing to create some quality situation for them or their team after all this dribbling overkill (more like "oversuicide"), ultimately resorting to some ill-adviced shot or some bailout pass. Just ugly.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Duncan's only boring when he plays the Lakers in the playoffs. Except for 2003-04.

Highly entertaining otherwise, you just have to know what you're seeing to understand how impressive it is.

Learning to shoot layups

For me, the most boring HOF player is Reggie Miller.
    One of the greatest 3pt shooters in the history of the game and excellent in trash talking and mind games,but other than that not a very exciting player to watch.
    Except when he was spiking Spike Lee, that was epic

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Duncan's only boring when he plays the Lakers in the playoffs. Except for 2003-04.

Highly entertaining otherwise, you just have to know what you're seeing to understand how impressive it is.
    When I see the other big men of today like Jordan, McGee, etc., I appreciate Duncan's economy of motion, fundamentals, basketball IQ and competitiveness (this is underrated in that it can't be easy to want to play in MIN in some regular season game when you've accomplished so much).

He is smooth, efficient, no wasted motion - that's why he's playing so well in his old age. Seems like he's gonna outlast Manu and Parker.

Moses Malone