Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Deron Williams the best player in Turkish league history after just 2 months

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    Bold 1: Are you sure about top 3 league? ahah

Bold 2: Galatasary and Fener elite Euroleague teams? ahah
    TBL being one of the top 3 leagues in Europe is comical. And Fener and Gala being "elite Euroleague teams"......................

Default Re: Deron Williams the best player in Turkish league history after just 2 months

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    I laughed for a good 5 minutes about Turkish League being the third best league in Europe. More like 10th.
    Then name me 9 better domestic/regional leagues.
    ACB is the only one unarguably better,maybe Greek league also.

Italy,Adriatic,France... it's all arguable
    Last edited by Clutch; 11-18-2011 at 05:18 PM.

TBL being one of the top 3 leagues in Europe is comical. And Fener and Gala being "elite Euroleague teams"......................

It's at least one of the top-4. Only Spanish, Greek, and Italian leagues are as good or better.

And those two teams, along with Efes, are amongst the "good" Euroleague teams. Are they a lock for the Final-Four? No. Can they make it? Yes.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    After only two months, Deron Williams has proved himself as the greatest basketball player in Turkish league history.
    So is Darius Washington a Deity? He is avg more points, asst, higher effic with a higher FT%, 2pt%, 3pt% for the year and completely outplayed DWill head to head.

This is the Darius Wash that couldn't crack the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Then name me 9 better domestic/regional leagues.
    ACB is the only one unarguably better,maybe Greek league also.

Italy,Adriatic,France... it's all arguable

You got to be freaking kidding me.

Spain
    Greece
    Italy
    Russia
    Adriatic
    United
    Euroleague
    Eurocup

That's 8 leagues in Europe that are better than TBL

That puts TBL as the #9 league in Europe.

Then you have France, Germany, Turkey. About in the same level. But honestly, the German and French leagues are deeper and the lower teams are better. But the TBL is better at the top.

Then there are leagues like Belgium, Baltic, EuroChallenge, Israel, Ukraine, Cyprus..leagues like that, of which Belgium is probably the best. Then you have the really POS leagues like Dutch, Serbia, Croatia, Slovena, Estonia, Latvia and such.

And at the bottom of Europe are the scraps of British, Portugal, Georgia and leagues like that.

I'm sorry, but TBL is around #9-11 in Europe.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 11-18-2011 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    It's at least one of the top-4. Only Spanish, Greek, and Italian leagues are as good or better.

And those two teams, along with Efes, are amongst the "good" Euroleague teams. Are they a lock for the Final-Four? No. Can they make it? Yes.
    You NBA only fans pretending to be experts on European basketball are really amusing.

No Turkish team is a good Euroleague team genius. Efes was YEARS ago. They are not now. And that's pretty much it. They had a good team years ago in Euroleague.

Efes and Fener make top 16 of Euroleague and it was a good year.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 11-18-2011 at 05:31 PM.

You got to be freaking kidding me.

Spain
    Greece
    Italy
    Russia
    Adriatic
    United
    Euroleague
    Eurocup

That's 8 leagues in Europe that are without any question better than TBL. Not even close to being a discussion.

That puts TBL at best as the #9 league in Europe.

Then you have France, Germany, Turkey. About in the same level. But honestly, the German and French leagues are deeper and the lower teams are better. But the TBL is better at the top.

Then there are leagues like Belgium, Baltic, EuroChallenge, Israel, Ukraine, Cyprus..leagues like that, of which Belgium is probably the best. Then you have the really POS leagues like Dutch, Serbia, Croatia, Slovena, Estonia, Latvia and such.

And at the bottom of Europe are the scraps of British, Portugal, Georgia and leagues like that.

I'm sorry, but TBL is around #9-11 in Europe.
    First of all,Euroleague and Eurocup don't count.
    It's like saying that Spanish or English football (soccer) league isn't the best because there's Champions league.
    So that's 6 leagues.Adriatic league is arguable.Other than Maccabi and Partizan there isn't one quality team in it.
    Yeah,Zagreb and Union Olimpija play in the Euroleague but they are more like punching bags than teams who can really compete with anyone.

First of all,Euroleague and Eurocup don't count.
    It's like saying that Spanish or English football (soccer) league isn't the best because there's Champions league.
    So that's 6 leagues.Adriatic league is arguable.Other than Maccabi and Partizan there isn't one quality team in it.
    Yeah,Zagreb and Union Olimpija play in the Euroleague but they are more like punching bags than teams who can really compete with anyone.

You said regional smart guy. Those are regional leagues in case you didn't get it.

It's true that Adriatic League is garbage in a lot of ways. But it still has better teams at the bottom IMO.

And really..........

Efes, Fener, Gala, Turk, Besiktas that's not that good to have 5 teams that are either mediocre Euroleague level or lower, even much lower, and then a bunch of teams that really suck.

Regardless, I would still take even scrub teams in Italy and Greece over even top half teams in TBL.

Honestly, take the 10-13 team from Greece and they are just as good as a top 5-6 team in TBL.

It's just not that good of a league.

Seriously..........you can easily make an argument that French and German Leagues are as good or better, because they have much more depth.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 11-18-2011 at 05:36 PM.

You said regional smart guy. Those are regional leagues in case you didn't get it.
    I said regional just because of the Adriatic league.
    In any case,you can't count Euroleague and Eurocup.Turkish clubs play in it.

So,that's 6 leagues at best.

You NBA only fans pretending to be experts on European basketball are really amusing.

No Turkish team is a good Euroleague team genius. Efes was YEARS ago. They are not now. And that's pretty much it. They had a good team years ago in Euroleague.

Efes and Fener make top 16 of Euroleague and it was a good year.
    I have lived in three different countries in Europe and always followed Euroleague. And guess what, one of those counties was Turkey (Istanbul).

Efes, Ulker (now Fenerbahce), Tofas (until 2000) were always very good in European competitions.

Now with the emergence of Galatasaray, Besiktas, and other teams like Turk Telekom, new Tofas, Banvit, and Karsiyaka, TBL is definitely in the top-4.

Anyways, here is a team that you should be more concerned about:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/Sp...21&SPSID=30746

I said regional just because of the Adriatic league.
    In any case,you can't count Euroleague and Eurocup.Turkish clubs play in it.

So,that's 6 leagues at best.
    Wow, so the 7th best league.

I will give you this though, I would probably rate TBL over Adriatic if Maccabi did not play in it.

I have lived in three different countries in Europe and always followed Euroleague. And guess what, one of those counties was Turkey (Istanbul).

Efes, Ulker (now Fenerbahce), Tofas (until 2000) were always very good in European competitions.

Now with the emergence of Galatasaray, Besiktas, and other teams like Turk Telekom, new Tofas, Banvit, and Karsiyaka, TBL is definitely in the top-4.
    No it's not.

Local High School Star

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Isn't the center of his team who played for Celtics last year?
    Last edited by SyRyanYang; 11-18-2011 at 06:22 PM.