Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Avery Bradley proving best perimeter D

I know everyone has Shumpert, Bledsoe, and Allen as some of the best perimeter defensive players in the league, but Bradley to me is showing he is above those guys.

Sucks we lost, but it was amazing to see Bradley literally take out Westbrook in the game and frustrate him.

The only other guy I see who can move through picks is Tony Allen, but Bradley is proving to be quicker laterally( Allen is 30-31 now)

Hes underrated at strength for PGs...Saw him body Westbrook numerous times without fouling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgG952iQoJQ How many guys that are role players make you excited to watch them? Bradley is one of them.

The guy was blessed with defensive instincts combined with wingspan and athletiscm

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: Avery Bradley proving best perimeter D

Definitely the best. Even better than Tony Allen imo.

NBA rookie of the year

Yeah, I'd say it's fair to say he's the best on ball defending guard in NBA. I am sold. Dude is a pesk.

And Iman Shumpert was NEVER as good as Bradley, despite what Knicks homers were claiming.

Very good NBA starter

Hes only like 6'1 but he plays bigger than Courtney Lee who is 6'5. When he plays D, its infectious.. Skip Bayless said people will start calling him Bradley Island because he just takes primary ball handlers who aren't Lebron James out of the game.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Yeah hes the #1 perimeter defender atm no doubt and in regards to Lee being 6'5 my god he looks small for 6''5 on tv he looks no bigger than 6'3 to me.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Yeah hes the #1 perimeter defender atm no doubt and in regards to Lee being 6'5 my god he looks small for 6''5 on tv he looks no bigger than 6'3 to me.
    lee is probably close to 6'3.5-6'4.

Not from last night but a nice block on Westbrook:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZhWnwDwpnA

I think most people rank Bradley #1 and try to suggest that Shump and Bledsoe are overrated. Tony Allen gets overlooked but he's still #1 to me.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Yeah, I'd say it's fair to say he's the best on ball defending guard in NBA. I am sold. Dude is a pesk.

And Iman Shumpert was NEVER as good as Bradley, despite what Knicks homers were claiming.

It wasn't only Knick fans claiming that. Lindsey Hunter, Head Coach for the Phoenix Suns, said it as well. It was the reason the Suns wanted to trade for him. Shumpert is much bigger than Bradley, and can guard more positions.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR

Agreed. Shumpery isn't on Bradley's level. Overrated trash

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    It wasn't only Knick fans claiming that. Lindsey Hunter, Head Coach for the Phoenix Suns, said it as well. It was the reason the Suns wanted to trade for him. Shumpert is much bigger than Bradley, and can guard more positions.

Shumpert is a lil more explosive as far as power when he gets to the rim... But other than that, his IQ on defense is more gambling.

Bradley actually has a high IQ on defense and what makes him crazy is he understands PnR defense while having elite quickness to recover if someone beats him.

Yesterday Westbrook simply could not get past him and when he did, Bradley recovered and blocked him on that lay up. he plays perimeter D like a Defensive Back.

Overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    Shumpert is a lil more explosive as far as power when he gets to the rim... But other than that, his IQ on defense is more gambling.

Bradley actually has a high IQ on defense and what makes him crazy is he understands PnR defense while having elite quickness to recover if someone beats him.

Yesterday Westbrook simply could not get past him and when he did, Bradley recovered and blocked him on that lay up. he plays perimeter D like a Defensive Back.

Bradley may be have higher defensive IQ than Shumpert, but that says more about Bradley than it does about Shumpert. Shump is much more aggressive. He knows what he wants to do and he clearly knows the risks, but he goes for it. He was incredible last year. This year he is obviously not close. He'll be back tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Bradley may be have higher defensive IQ than Shumpert, but that says more about Bradley than it does about Shumpert. Shump is much more aggressive. He knows what he wants to do and he clearly knows the risks, but he goes for it. He was incredible last year. This year he is obviously not close. He'll be back tho.
    Yea, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Bradley is better than Shumpert at almost everything.

avery godley