Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Last of Us

Banned

Default Re: The Last of Us

I have to play this again. I got it on PS4, and enjoyed it on my first playthrough, but I haven't even tried out Left Behind or Factions.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    I have to play this again. I got it on PS4, and enjoyed it on my first playthrough, but I haven't even tried out Left Behind or Factions.

I had already played through it, then went back and did it again on easy and ripped off all the collectables, dog chains, comic books and the like. Then I played through on the toughest difficulty.

After all that I bought the remaster on PS4, played and enjoyed the hell out of Left Behind, but when I started to replay the game, I just couldn't get into it. Those first few chapters are a bit slow in setting up the story and walking you through the mechanics, and I just could muscle my brain through them already knowing what was coming.

The remaster thing I'm buying but I'm really not playing much. I picked up the Tomb Raider remaster and never did anything with it. And the GTA remaster as well, and just used that to **** around, check out the First Person. I'm gonna buy the Uncharted remaster too and I'm sure I'll play the first couple chapters, but I doubt I'll get through them either.

Home of the 16

I don't like unlocking achivements -- I just want the full experience of TLOU, would playing it on hard mode sort that out?

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    I don't like unlocking achivements -- I just want the full experience of TLOU, would playing it on hard mode sort that out?

Absolutely. Even the normal hardness is fine. The achievement hunting isn't terribly invasive in the game. Other than the somewhat meaningless firefly pendants / dog tags, the other collectibles are really well done and really add some depth to the story. The comic book collectibles are really well written, and they have an interesting sort of alternate take on the game's story. And the way Joel interacts with Ellie on finding them made me want to find them for her. There are also "collectibles" that are just spots that you can interact with Ellie about stuff. Billboards. Graffiti. Toys in the toy store. Records in the record store. They all really fatten up Joel and Ellie's relationship. I think the only thing I was short on from 100%ing the game was one of those interactive locations.