Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Can we stop dancing around this? Leonard is the best player on the Spurs

Well the fact that this even needs to be said...

If 39-year-old Duncan was the BEST player on the defending champs? GOAT

Default Re: Can we stop dancing around this? Leonard is the best player on the Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    Well the fact that this even needs to be said...

If 39-year-old Duncan was the BEST player on the defending champs? GOAT

Decent playground baller Wiltside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD

Quote Originally Posted by Paul George 24
    DUNCAN HAS NOT PLAY GREAT D IN THIS SERIES
    Why? Because he's getting burned on the Pick and Roll after Parker forgets to communicate on the switch and then leaves Tim on an island?

Shaq was always a horrible PnR defender (much worse than Duncan is), yet in his best defensive seasons he was undeniably "great".

Duncan is literally the only big on the Spurs making any kind of defensive impact. Baynes is pouting, Splitter is totally useless, and Diaw can't do anything to Blake (not that he should be able to), and his only real use on defense is to man-up.

Aside from a few missed rotations (the one that lead to an open DJ basket under the hoop last night stands out), Duncan's defense has been very strong. He's contesting inside shots a lot more than he usually would, and because Jordan plays so close to the rim he can stay there a lot. The Spurs' DRtg with Duncan off the floor is abysmal.

By contrast, Kawhi's defense was shit last night. Falling over on every screen, sinking way to low when guarding Reddick, being ineffective when trying to guard Paul because of his pretty mediocre foot-speed. When Green, our best m2m defender (especially on smaller ball-handlers) guards him Paul hasn't looked nearly as good.

Dude is a help defender first and foremost and he's not 7' tall, nor does he play near the rim where most of the shots are being taken.

Edit: I just want to repeat what I said. Leonard is clearly our best player now and he's certainly our best offensive player. The only player who rivals him is a 100% locked-in Ginobili and even then he plays far less minutes.

Though I don't know why this should surprise anyone. A 39-year-old being the best player on a 56 win team who just won the title (he was the 1a/1b last year) is pretty absurd. Manu looks even older and Parker has been a mediocre basketball player for more than 12 months now.
    Last edited by T_L_P; 04-27-2015 at 12:40 PM.

Banned

Thank you captain obvious.

GREEN IS NOT GD OF BOTH END LAST NIGHT,DUNCAN LET THE CLIPS EASY BASKET
    Are you retarded?

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Why? Because he's getting burned on the Pick and Roll after Parker forgets to communicate on the switch and then leaves Tim on an island?

Shaq was always a horrible PnR defender (much worse than Duncan is), yet in his best defensive seasons he was undeniably "great".

Duncan is literally the only big on the Spurs making any kind of defensive impact. Baynes is pouting, Splitter is totally useless, and Diaw can't do anything to Blake (not that he should be able to), and his only real use on defense is to man-up.

Aside from a few missed rotations (the one that lead to an open DJ basket under the hoop last night stands out), Duncan's defense has been very strong. He's contesting inside shots a lot more than he usually would, and because Jordan plays so close to the rim he can stay there a lot. The Spurs' DRtg with Duncan off the floor is abysmal.

By contrast, Kawhi's defense was shit last night. Falling over on every screen, sinking way to low when guarding Reddick, being ineffective when trying to guard Paul because of his pretty mediocre foot-speed. When Green, our best m2m defender (especially on smaller ball-handlers) guards him Paul hasn't looked nearly as good.

Dude is a help defender first and foremost and he's not 7' tall, nor does he play near the rim where most of the shots are being taken.

Edit: I just want to repeat what I said. Leonard is clearly our best player now and he's certainly our best offensive player. The only player who rivals him is a 100% locked-in Ginobili and even then he plays far less minutes.

Though I don't know why this should surprise anyone. A 39-year-old being the best player on a 56 win team who just won the title (he was the 1a/1b last year) is pretty absurd. Manu looks even older and Parker has been a mediocre basketball player for more than 12 months now.

I don't understand the Spurs putting Leonard on Reddick. Making your # 1 offensive option run around the court, fighting through multiple off ball screens, and play passing lanes for a full 24 seconds. It makes no sense.

I see you think Green is a better man to man defender and want him on CP3 more, while I disagree that's fine. Maybe put Leonard on Barnes or Crawford when he's in? I just don't understand making your best defender, or at least a great one, run around chasing a shooter that is only a catch and shoot threat. Hide Manu or Parker on him.

Seems like a waste to me.

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Are you retarded?
    FACT...............

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Are you retarded?
    FACT...............
    I'm not sure you really thought that response through.

Good college starter

Yup. Didn't even think anyone was dancing. This was a wall flower conversation, son.

College superstar

Leonard is like a much better version of Sean Elliott

Quote Originally Posted by ThickassGlasses
    I don't understand the Spurs putting Leonard on Reddick. Making your # 1 offensive option run around the court, fighting through multiple off ball screens, and play passing lanes for a full 24 seconds. It makes no sense.

I see you think Green is a better man to man defender and want him on CP3 more, while I disagree that's fine. Maybe put Leonard on Barnes or Crawford when he's in? I just don't understand making your best defender, or at least a great one, run around chasing a shooter that is only a catch and shoot threat. Hide Manu or Parker on him.

Seems like a waste to me.
    Leonard does not do well defending smaller, quicker PG or going over screens - Green is a better choice. I agree that in this series Leonard is kinda wasted since there really is no other elite wing scorer to guard. Don't know if the publicity got to him - but he did not play a particularly good defensive game yesterday. I know it's nice to score but the Spurs need defense more. There are lots of others who can score on the Spurs but only Duncan, Splitter (who is hurt), Leonard and Green are great defenders.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

leave it to LeBron stans to post the most obvious shit like it's breaking news