Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mitch Richmond: MVP All-Star Game Performance (1995)

Default Re: Mitch Richmond: MVP All-Star Game Performance (1995)

Mitchmond

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Mitchmond

Can you imagine a prime Richmond with the Current Kings?

He was something special

Decent college freshman

One of my favorite Warriors. Even though he's on the Kings there.

RunTMC good memories.

Decent playground baller

Top 2 - 3 SG of 90's?

Quote Originally Posted by KingMambaFan View Post
    Top 2 - 3 SG of 90's?
    Well, he's definitely behind Jordan and Drexler.
    Depending on your ranking with Miller and Dumars he's 3, 4 or 5.

He was a nice player. Top 3 90's for sure.

Good defender.
    Nice post play.
    Great shooter.

Too bad his prime got wasted on a crap franchise.

I'd take him over any SG besides Jordan in that era.

One of the forgotten 90s stars stuck on a woeful Kings squad. Would liked to have seen him in his prime on a team with a shot at actually being competitive every year.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    Well, he's definitely behind Jordan and Drexler.
    Depending on your ranking with Miller and Dumars he's 3, 4 or 5.
    In terms of '90s' overall I would take him over Drexler whose last real superstar season was 92. Was better overall than Miller in my eyes as well( ISH has had 20 page topics covering that ). He didn't have the team success but look at who he was playing with most of the 90s.

Mid Range God!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    One of the forgotten 90s stars stuck on a woeful Kings squad. Would liked to have seen him in his prime on a team with a shot at actually being competitive every year.

In terms of '90s' overall I would take him over Drexler whose last real superstar season was 92. Was better overall than Miller in my eyes as well( ISH has had 20 page topics covering that ). He didn't have the team success but look at who he was playing with most of the 90s.
    No way, we're talking about a "star" player who played in the 2nd most Finals in the 90s not named Jordan or Pippen. 90-92-95 and was in the Conference Finals in 91 and 97.

He was better from 90-93. Richmond from 96-98. 99 is most as Drexler had retired. 94 I'd take Rock but 95 I'd take Clyde.

Clyde's seasons on top were better than Richmond's seasons on top.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Baller789 View Post
    He was a nice player. Top 3 90's for sure.

Good defender.
    Nice post play.
    Great shooter.

Too bad his prime got wasted on a crap franchise.

I'd take him over any SG besides Jordan in that era.
    You summed up his career. Also, he won the All-Star when it still had enormous value, when teams still played defense. Current All-Star MVPs are like winning the MVP in the local YMCA game.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    No way, we're talking about a "star" player who played in the 2nd most Finals in the 90s not named Jordan or Pippen. 90-92-95 and was in the Conference Finals in 91 and 97.

He was better from 90-93. Richmond from 96-98. 99 is most as Drexler had retired. 94 I'd take Rock but 95 I'd take Clyde.

Clyde's seasons on top were better than Richmond's seasons on top.
    Clyde played on considerably better teams in the 90s so I'm not sure using team success as a barometer here is a fair argument, unless you think he's doing something with the Kings that Richmond couldn't. Clyde was obviously better 90-92 but after that he did fall off a bit and Mitch hit his prime. I don't agree that Clyde was definitively a better shooting guard over the duration of the 90s especially once you hit the middle of the decade. In 93 he was injured so Mitch was better that year. 94 and 95 I would take Mitch too but let's call it a toss up. 96 to 98 you concur that Mitch was better, and then Clyde retired while Mitch played out the decade. Of course by 99 Mitch was on the last legs of his prime too but when Clyde was better for 3 years, Mitch was better for 4-5 years, and Clyde didnt finish out the decade.......that doest equate to Glide being the clearcut 2nd best SG of the decade in my mind.

The big knock on Mitch was his lack of team success but he was playing with some crap rosters while Clyde played with some talented Portland teams and finished his career playing second fiddle to Hakeem and an aging Barkley, which is still more than Mitch had to work with. Mitch with his shooting on the 95 Rockets would have been absolutely deadly playing off Hakeem with other floor spacers on the wings with him.

Yes Clyde played in the 2nd most 90s finals but he was tied with Hakeem, Malone and Stockton in that department. And let's be real, without the Rockets trade he isn't playing in the 95 finals.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 11-09-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Clyde played on considerably better teams in the 90s so I'm not sure using team success as a barometer here is a fair argument, unless you think he's doing something with the Kings that Richmond couldn't. Clyde was obviously better 90-92 but after that he did fall off a bit and Mitch hit his prime. I don't agree that Clyde was definitively a better shooting guard over the duration of the 90s especially once you hit the middle of the decade. In 93 he was injured so Mitch was better that year. 94 and 95 I would take Mitch too but let's call it a toss up. 96 to 98 you concur that Mitch was better, and then Clyde retired while Mitch played out the decade. Of course by 99 Mitch was on the last legs of his prime too but when Clyde was better for 3 years, Mitch was better for 4-5 years, and Clyde didnt finish out the decade.......that doest equate to Glide being the clearcut 2nd best SG of the decade in my mind.

The big knock on Mitch was his lack of team success but he was playing with some crap rosters while Clyde played with some talented Portland teams and finished his career playing second fiddle to Hakeem and an aging Barkley, which is still more than Mitch had to work with. Mitch with his shooting on the 95 Rockets would have been absolutely deadly playing off Hakeem with other floor spacers on the wings with him.

Yes Clyde played in the 2nd most 90s finals but he was tied with Hakeem, Malone and Stockton in that department. And let's be real, without the Rockets trade he isn't playing in the 95 finals.
    He played in 3 Finals. 90, 92 and 95.
    And they were actually both injured in 93, Mitch played 45 games and Clyde 49, so I guess you can call that one even as well.

I gave Clyde 95 because of his Playoff performance.

Clyde 90-92 >>> Mitch 96-98.
    93 both injured.
    94 Mitch
    95 Clyde

Reggie Miller and Joe Dumars were both better than Mitch Richmond... These decade rankings are very arbitrary. Ends up penalizing players whose prime was the last half of one decade and first half of the next... makes no sense.