Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Replace Pete Myers with 1993-94 Mitch Richmond?

Do you think the Bulls wins the championship in 1994?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Replace Pete Myers with 1993-94 Mitch Richmond?

Yes...the Bulls, Rockets, and Knicks were all very similar teams...defensive oriented teams with one superstar and a bunch of role players. I think adding Mitch would put the Bulls over the top vs the other 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Yes...the Bulls, Rockets, and Knicks were all very similar teams...defensive oriented teams with one superstar and a bunch of role players. I think adding Mitch would put the Bulls over the top vs the other 2.

I agree. Pippen was a top 3-5 player in the league during that time. Richmond averaged 23.9 ppg on 45 FG% in the 1994 NBA Season.

And with Phil Jackson as his head coach. He'll be a much more dangerous NBA Player. Richmond and Pippen that's a lethal combination.

"3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar

Replace Jordan with any top flight SG from that era and they win titles.

Pippen's complementary style allows more freedom at the 2 spot, he can lock down the best offensive player and distribute the ball effectively and unselfishly.

Depends on if Richmond can be clutch and be the closer. I'm not sure Kukoc. Pip could be depended on in the clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio
    Replace Jordan with any top flight SG from that era and they win titles.

Pippen's complementary style allows more freedom at the 2 spot, he can lock down the best offensive player and distribute the ball effectively and unselfishly.

What's Jordan's record without Pippen? 1-9.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP
    Depends on if Richmond can be clutch and be the closer. I'm not sure Kukoc. Pip could be depended on in the clutch.

Richmond is clutch. It sucks that he wasted his prime with the Kings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY5F4h3SUzg

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

No. Starkks often have MJ fits, he'd cause Mitch to choke a game or two.

Knicks were a team of destiny that season that should've won if it wasn't for said Starks imploding on game 7. And even if we get by NY, HOU would have beaten us. No answer for Hakeem and we don't have the GOAT Finals performer to counter it.

National High School Star

Hell no

Richmond was a good offensive SG but not enough to fill the void that MJ left

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Don't think so. I still think Houston wins the whole thing. Starks could his hold his own against Richmond since he is probably a third tier all time greatest SG. I consider MJ, Kobe in Tier 1 and players like Wade, Drexler in Tier 2.

Criminally underrated player though. Most casual fans nowadays have no idea how good Richmond used to be due to a lot of years on a really bad Kings squad.

Good college starter

Waiting on 3ball to make an appearance...

I just think the Dream was destined to get rings once MJ retired. But before Drexler got to Houston for the 2nd ring, I could have seen the Bulls get one with Mitch. I think Mitch would have THRIVED in the triangle offense! And when it comes to great shooting AND physicality as a package, Mitch has one of the best blends of all time.

Overall, I think Mitch had one of the top 10 scoring skillsets EVER at the SG position. I think Pippen, Phil, and the triangle offense would have enhanced Mitch even more. Plus Pip WOULDN'T have to be the leading scorer on that team. Mitch was deadly enough to be the #1 scoring option while Pip gets his 21 a night as the point forward. And Mitch was also a very good defender as well.
    Last edited by bizil; 04-08-2016 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    I just think the Dream was destined to get rings once MJ retired. But before Drexler got to Houston for the 2nd ring, I could have seen the Bulls get one with Mitch. I think Mitch would have THRIVED in the triangle offense! And when it comes to great shooting AND physicality as a package, Mitch has one of the best blends of all time.

Overall, I think Mitch had one of the top 10 scoring skillsets EVER at the SG position. I think Pippen, Phil, and the triangle offense would have enhanced Mitch even more. Plus Pip WOULDN'T have to be the leading scorer on that team. Mitch was deadly enough to be the #1 scoring option while Pip gets his 21 a night as the point forward.

Great Posts Brother. I always love reading your posts. This forum been a cesspool in the last few days. Just a bunch of Fakkits hating on LeBron and his fan boys.

Mitch and Pippen would be winning multiple rings in the post Jordan Era. It sucked that Richmond wasted his prime in Sacramento.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 04-08-2016 at 01:09 PM.

Bran stans on complete meltdown mode get over it Jordan is GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by bizil

Overall, I think Mitch had one of the top 10 scoring skillsets EVER at the SG position. I think Pippen, Phil, and the triangle offense would have enhanced Mitch even more. Plus Pip WOULDN'T have to be the leading scorer on that team. Mitch was deadly enough to be the #1 scoring option while Pip gets his 21 a night as the point forward.
    I don't think they would've have won the first season with Mitch. It's not like you come in and you know the triangle inside out(pun intented), but if Mitch would've been at the Bulls maybe Jordan wouldn't have come back or to a different team and then I'm sure all things the same(acquiring Rodman etc) I think they might've won one or two.

If they would've traded Mitch who knows how the Bulls roster would've been with Jordan back.