Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Most gamewinners of all time

These arbitary stats mean nothing to me. You can be clutch with 6 minutes left in the game when the team absolutely needs a bucket or make baskets that might not be game winners but absolutely crucial in helping a team win.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Why are you so defensive? Enjoy Kobe's last 1 or 3 games cause you are not going to see him in the NBA court. Just find a better and younger player to root for.

This is exactly the type of bandwagonning pinoys are notorious for.

But nothing shocks me coming from a guy who jumped from the Cavs, to the Heat, back to the Cavs again.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    These arbitary stats mean nothing to me. You can be clutch with 6 minutes left in the game when the team absolutely needs a bucket or make baskets that might not be game winners but absolutely crucial in helping a team win.
    You have a point but gamewinners, lets be real are what the casuals think as "clutch".

Im just really wondering who had the most gw's all time.

Quote Originally Posted by raprap
    Well he takes a lot of it. So i assume he makes a lot aswell. During 08-10 i swear I saw him make 10 gamewinners or something in that stretch.
    He had 6 in 2010 alone

To me game winners meant like taking a shot under like 5 seconds, where it makes it extremely hard for the other team to score and your team won't get another opportunity.

But I guess with the internet and everybody always pulling for their favorite player, the criteria will always get pushed up in order to make their guys numbers even better. 15 seconds, 24 seconds, then I've even seen 40 seconds, a minute.

How lame, you get a game winner with one minute left, just because the other team failed to score, as well as your team. Really great for highlight. So clutch, he hit a game winner and there's 1:02 left in the quarter.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    To me game winners meant like taking a shot under like 5 seconds, where it makes it extremely hard for the other team to score and your team won't get another opportunity.

But I guess with the internet and everybody always pulling for their favorite player, the criteria will always get pushed up in order to make their guys numbers even better. 15 seconds, 24 seconds, then I've even seen 40 seconds, a minute.

How lame, you get a game winner with one minute left, just because the other team failed to score, as well as your team. Really great for highlight. So clutch, he hit a game winner and there's 1:02 left in the quarter.

Then you don't know sh*t about basketball.

Every single person on earth universally recognizes a game-winner as a last-possession shot (to tie or take the lead) with 24 seconds or under left.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    This pretty much, if player A was balling getting buckets on buckets for 2 mins straight to keep their team in the game, but player B hits a game winner, is B more clutch than A? Nope

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD
    Then you don't know sh*t about basketball.

Every single person on earth universally recognizes a game-winner as a last-possession shot (to tie or take the lead) with 24 seconds or under left.
    24 seconds is universal right. That's why so many people here have so many different criteria.

Since you're a huge Kobe stan I guess the criteria that puts Kobe in the best light is 24 seconds.

Like I said, before around 8 years ago, all the game winners compilations that I ever saw had shots that left less than 5 seconds on the clock, with no chance for the team who scored to get the ball back. One last shot to win the game.

I'm even watching Larry Bird's to ten game winners https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS_UJOEpROk, and all of them are shots that leave less than 5 seconds on the clock. That pretty much seemed like the criteria, until stans of players would add seconds in their compilation videos in order to fit more game winners for their favorite player.

If it was universally 24 seconds like you said, Bird, Jordan, and other older legends would have even more game winners.

Some people now even count multiple game winners for one game. They count a shot with 1:30 left as a game winner, and then the next team hits a shot, then the player hits another shot with one minute left and that's counted as a game winner. That's so lame.

Game winners before all that started happening were basically hit the basket or go home. If you miss, you go home, no more shots.

Good college starter

24 seconds is universal right. That's why so many people here have so many different criteria.

Since you're a huge Kobe stan I guess the criteria that puts Kobe in the best light is 24 seconds.

Like I said, before around 8 years ago, all the game winners compilations that I ever saw had shots that left less than 5 seconds on the clock, with no chance for the team who scored to get the ball back. One last shot to win the game.

I'm even watching Larry Bird's to ten game winners https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS_UJOEpROk, and all of them are shots that leave less than 5 seconds on the clock. That pretty much seemed like the criteria, until stans of players would add seconds in their compilation videos in order to fit more game winners for their favorite player.

If it was universally 24 seconds like you said, Bird, Jordan, and other older legends would have even more game winners.

Some people now even count multiple game winners for one game. They count a shot with 1:30 left as a game winner, and then the next team hits a shot, then the player hits another shot with one minute left and that's counted as a game winner. That's so lame.

Game winners before all that started happening were basically hit the basket or go home. If you miss, you go home, no more shots.

Jordan and Bird would have the same number of game winners.

As usual I'm sure you cant provide any proof whatsoever to backup your bullsh*t claim.

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD

Jordan and Bird would have the same number of game winners.

As usual I'm sure you cant provide any proof whatsoever to backup your bullsh*t claim.
    What dumb come back putting the Shappell face as if you just had the shock of your life. Fake shock. Saying as usual, as if I've ever had a conversation with you.

Just for the heck of it, here's an NBA page from 2001 with a list of all of Jordan's game winners. The only one over 8 seconds was with 22 seconds left, and they called it an eventual game winner. Because there was so much time left on the clock, and normally when you saw a player hit a shot with 22 seconds left, as it happened, people would just consider it a clutch shot.
    http://www.nba.com/jordan/game_winners.html

Good college starter

What dumb come back putting the Shappell face as if you just had the shock of your life. Fake shock. Saying as usual, as if I've ever had a conversation with you.

Just for the heck of it, here's an NBA page from 2001 with a list of all of Jordan's game winners. The only one over 8 seconds was with 22 seconds left, and they called it an eventual game winner. Because there was so much time left on the clock, and normally when you saw a player hit a shot with 22 seconds left, as it happened, people would just consider it a clutch shot.
    http://www.nba.com/jordan/game_winners.html

Then Im sure you wont have any problem finding all those "extra game winners Jordan/Bird would have" if the criteria was 24 seconds or less...

I'll be waiting...

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by raprap
    Does anyone have that stat for it? Under 24 seconds, tied or trailing by 2 or less. I think that is considered as a game winner.

I think kobe has the most. Not sure tho.
    I don't think of it as related to time at all. To me, a game winner is simply the last shot made gave the lead. Technically, you could make a game winner with 3 minutes left (don't believe it ever happened because free throws would be utilized), as long as it gave them the lead (previously losing or tied) and no other points followed.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Kobe.

Been proven a million times.

I got all the stats you want, I'll post them when I'm home..

There are different definitions, the one Psileas posted is restricted to the final point exchange of the game, thus must be in a win...fai last 24 seconds, as well though.

That's where Kobe has like 28 of.

The fairest one is game winning/go ahead (can happen in an eventual loss) and game tying shots in the final 24 seconds.

24 seconds, because you could possibly not get the ball back, last shot type feeling, extra pressure to previous shots.

Thus, one could hit multiple go ahead shots in a game, ala LeBron vs Pacers 2013 game 1.

Which is why people get confused when they take it off that statistical and it's called game winner, technically, multiple game winners in one game aren't possible.

But, since the final outcome can't really be impacted after the player who just hit a clutch shot, this filter regards shotmaking from both winning and losing team.

Not so storyline Hollywood, but fair.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Kobe.

Been proven a million times.
    Proven to stack bricks.