Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Steve Nash Highlights (1 hour+)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYsT...CIFOcX4DsuQ4Tg
    Fantastic compilation by the ISH poster, "Kovach" ...

Checkout the dirty spin and subsquent off-hand and off-balanced finish at 6:31. This video is like basketball fundamental candy.

Default Re: Steve Nash Highlights (1 hour+)

Truly underrated player. Almost forgot how good he was before that guy in LA turned him into a spot up shooter.

We did have a thread for this, though..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Truly underrated player. Almost forgot how good he was before that guy in LA turned him into a spot up shooter.
    i don't think you know what that word means

he's great. one of the top 5-7 pg's ever.

but he was gifted 2 mvps for being white. ( and i'm a white canadian saying this )

he's the only mvp winner to never make the finals

and he never played a lick of defense in his entire career

he also protected his field goal percentage far too often when his team needed points

plus he's an admitted money grabber. saying he's willingly f*cking the lakers cap over to collect his pay cheque. skipping entire seasons over nerve damage lol

he's just not good anymore and doesnt wanna embarrass himself while collecting 10 mill a year

his career average is 14/8/3

nash is great. a hall of famer. a top 50 player ever. but hes overrated

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    i don't think you know what that word means

he's great. one of the top 5-7 pg's ever.

but he was gifted 2 mvps for being white. ( and i'm a white canadian saying this )

he's the only mvp winner to never make the finals

and he never played a lick of defense in his entire career

he also protected his field goal percentage far too often when his team needed points

plus he's an admitted money grabber. saying he's willingly f*cking the lakers cap over to collect his pay cheque. skipping entire seasons over nerve damage lol

he's just not good anymore and doesnt wanna embarrass himself while collecting 10 mill a year

his career average is 14/8/3

nash is great. a hall of famer. a top 50 player ever. but hes overrated
    While I don't think he's underrated, he also isn't overrated.
    You can argue his 2006 MVP but his 2005 one was well deserved.His play made Phoenix go from a 29 win team to a 62 win one, making them contenders.He also showed a lot in the playoffs that year, not that the POs are taken into account but it sure showed why he was the MVP that year.

He lost to the eventual champs in 2005,2007 and 2010.It's not like the Suns got beaten by weak teams.The Suns were never good enough to win it all.The best shot they had was in 2007 but the suspension to Amare and Diaw(was it Diaw?Can't really tell of the top of my head) ruined it.And it's not like massively choked in any of the series, the Suns had the talent but they were never good/healthy/lucky enough to win it all.

And Nash was pretty clutch and willing to take the ball in his hands, not really sure what you're talking about here.He was somewhat turnover prone in the clutch still I don't think he ever protected his fg%.Not only that but he also took games over with his scoring if the rest of the team wasn't feeling it, but at the end of the day his job was to get everybody involved.

He was never a great 1v1 defender, for obvious reasons tbh.Not all that quick,average sized arms, low vertical, relatively weak upper body.Adding to that, he was also a part of teams who never had good defensive coaching and cared a lot more about the offense.

Money grabbing doesn't really have to do anything with his over/underrated status.The Lakers offered him that money, why wouldn't he take it?It's not even like he has a conection with LA like he has in PHX.

14/8/3 on something like 49/43/90, leading the league in all time ft%, being top 10 in 3pt fg% and top 15 in made 3pters.And his impact isn't just isnt just in the numbers.He led some of the all time(including the no1 all time) most efficient offensive teams.That says something about his impact on the game which is far greater than pure stats suggest.

BTW nice mix, saw it earlier in the thread Kovach made, really shows the basketball fundamentals Nash possesses and how beautiful to watch his game is(was)
    Last edited by SteveNashMVPcro; 09-18-2014 at 05:01 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNashMVPcro
    While I don't think he's underrated, he also isn't overrated.
    You can argue his 2006 MVP but his 2005 one was well deserved.His play made Phoenix go from a 29 win team to a 62 win one, making them contenders.He also showed a lot in the playoffs that year, not that the POs are taken into account but it sure showed why he was the MVP that year.

He lost to the eventual champs in 2005,2007 and 2010.It's not like the Suns got beaten by weak teams.The Suns were never good enough to win it all.The best shot they had was in 2007 but the suspension to Amare and Diaw(was it Diaw?Can't really tell of the top of my head) ruined it.And it's not like massively choked in any of the series, the Suns had the talent but they were never good/healthy/lucky enough to win it all.

And Nash was pretty clutch and willing to take the ball in his hands, not really sure what you're talking about here.He was somewhat turnover prone in the clutch still I don't think he ever protected his fg%.Not only that but he also took games over with his scoring if the rest of the team wasn't feeling it, but at the end of the day his job was to get everybody involved.

He was never a great 1v1 defender, for obvious reasons tbh.Not all that quick,average sized arms, low vertical, relatively weak upper body.Adding to that, he was also a part of teams who never had good defensive coaching and cared a lot more about the offense.

Money grabbing doesn't really have to do anything with his over/underrated status.The Lakers offered him that money, why wouldn't he take it?It's not even like he has a conection with LA like he has in PHX.

14/8/3 on something like 49/43/90, leading the league in all time ft%, being top 10 in 3pt fg% and top 15 in made 3pters.And his impact isn't just isnt just in the numbers.He led some of the all time(including the no1 all time) most efficient offensive teams.That says something about his impact on the game which is far greater than pure stats suggest.

BTW nice mix, saw it earlier in the thread Kovach made, really shows the basketball fundamentals Nash possesses and how beautiful to watch his game is(was)
    no see. he is overrated

he has more mvps than

- Kobe Bryant
    - Oscar Robertson
    - Shaquille O'neal
    - Hakeem Olajuwon

he IS overrated. he was rated MVP twice. and never made the finals. thats OVER............ RATING

its literally the definition

------------------------

o

It's called adding context...

At the time Nash won his MVP's, LeBron/Kobe/Garnett spend their primes on garbage teams, and it was either him or Dirk... And I do think Dirk should have won in '06.

But also, Nash is one of the best behind the box score guys ever.... Top 10 offensive player ever.

Rated 25th on RealGM's GOAT list (2014)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

At the time Nash won his MVP's, LeBron/Kobe/Garnett spend their primes on garbage teams, and it was either him or Dirk... And I do think Dirk should have won in '06.

But also, Nash is one of the best behind the box score guys ever.... Top 10 offensive player ever.

except that shaq was clear cut mvp in 2005.. he changed around miami when he went there. and he had the hardware/career to back up his mvp chances

nash had sweet f*ck all

and in 2006 i wouldnt have minded if they gave it to kobe, dirk or even lebron rather than steve nash

there is no context. since nash didnt deserve the awards anyway

he averaged 15ppg/11apg/3rpg

in 2005 nash had

amare averaging 26ppg/9rpg/2apg
    marion averaging 19ppg/11reb/2apg/2spg
    johnson averaging 17ppg/5reb/4apg
    richardson averaging 15ppg/6reb/2apg

that was a TEAM

and those guys werent just products of nash either

amares first year in new york he averaged 25ppg/9reb/3apg
    marion was having 20/10 seasons well before nash
    johnsons an allstar without nash
    even richardson had good years without nash

fact is

NASH WAS OVERRATED

[QUOTE=kennethgriffin]no see. he is overrated

he has more mvps than

- Kobe Bryant
    - Oscar Robertson
    - Shaquille O'neal
    - Hakeem Olajuwon

he IS overrated. he was rated MVP twice. and never made the finals. thats OVER............ RATING

its literally the definition

------------------------

o

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

i rest my case

nash is no higher than 35th all time...

Banned

Again I don't think people understand the meaning of the MVP award.It's called the most VALUABLE player awards because it's given to the player whose impact made his team better.Nash was exactly that in those years.Again you can definately and rightfully so argue his 2006 MVP, but in 2005 he turned a franchise around, from a lottery pick team into contenders in just 1 season.I think, hopefully im not wrong, it's the 2nd greatest turnaround in just 1 season by any team in the NBA and Nash made it happend.Again I can't remember the exact stats, but the Suns went something like 2-5 with Nash out in 2005, just shows you the impact he had on the team-
    And again, you make direct corelations between an individual award and a team accomplishment.As I said, the Suns were never good/lucky enough to win it all, not directly Nash's fault

theres only one problem... they have this grey area for the mvp award when its handed out.

but long after the fact when talking about the best individual players of all time. people use lebrons mvps to prop him up

so one minute all it means is "whos most valuable to cleveland a specific year on a team with a top record" ... then another minute its ... lebrons 4 mvps over so and so's 1-3 mvps means hes a better player

so why one minute does the mvp mean "not the best player. then another minute its the best player award

depends on agendas i guess

in 2005 nash had

amare averaging 26ppg/9rpg/2apg
    marion averaging 19ppg/11reb/2apg/2spg
    johnson averaging 17ppg/5reb/4apg
    richardson averaging 15ppg/6reb/2apg

that was a TEAM

and those guys werent just products of nash either

amares first year in new york he averaged 25ppg/9reb/3apg
    marion was having 20/10 seasons well before nash
    johnsons an allstar without nash
    even richardson had good years without nash

fact is

NASH WAS OVERRATED
    And how many games did that "superteam" win in 2004?
    While loaded with fire power, it lacked a bench(remember the 7 man D'Antoni rotations in the playoffs), rebounding and defense(from coaching to idividual players)

Amare's FG% also dropped by like 5% and the Knicks got like what?Swept in the 1st round?
    Marion's stas were nice before Nash, sure, but what real impact did he have on the number of wins his team had?
    Johnson was a young, developing player at that point.
    The Suns' Richardson was past his prime.Nobody claims Nash made Richradson but it's a fact they 2 worked really well together

theres only one problem... they have this grey area for the mvp award when its handed out.

but long after the fact when talking about the best individual players of all time. people use lebrons mvps to prop him up

so one minute all it means is "whos most valuable to cleveland a specific year on a team with a top record" ... then another minute its ... lebrons 4 mvps over so and so's 1-3 mvps means hes a better player

so why one minute does the mvp mean "not the best player. then another minute its the best player award

depends on agendas i guess
    most valuable=/=best, but to win the MVP you have to be one of the best at that point and your individual performance has to boost your teams win%

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

lol @ a Kobe fan criticizing Nash for getting that money. Please tell me you see the irony.

Banned

most valuable=/=best, but to win the MVP you have to be one of the best at that point and your individual performance has to boost your teams win%

regardless of the definition

nash didnt deserve the award either year

if it was biggest impact. shaq had a bigger impact on miami. especially considering the title they won a year later

and its not as if we were guessing the type of impact shaq has on a team like we were with nash.. since shaq was there before many times. and nash could never get dallas over the hump even when they had more talent than phoenix did

and in 2006. whether it was pure performance... kobe.....or how badly the team would play without someone ... kobe........or pure value to a team with 50+ wins + performance .... dirk/lebron.

nash was not mvp in 2006 either