Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: ESPN Jackson article - DRose just finished Step 1 on the road back to GREATNESS!

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Guy shot 20% TS% lower than any other player on the team and said he gve himself an A for his play. We aren't hating on him. We are laughing at him. I don't respect him enough to hate him.
    You obviously didn't read the OP.
    I'm gonna go ahead and give myself an A for my NBA career.
    You know people are desperate when they have to change words to feel legit.

I'm not judging it on actually playing well but being able to get out on the court each day is an achievement worthy of the best grade possible.

Beta. As. ****.
    Why is it that I know your favorite player of all time, or anybody on the history of your team was never Alpha enough to claim at 22 years of age to be claim the top individual prize in the league when a top five "player" of all time just hit his peak. How do I know that and can boast it without worry you can come back at me. It could be because I know you don't have a clue of what the word Alpha or Beta means and that you are just desperate.
    Last edited by Pointguard; 09-17-2014 at 09:59 PM.

Default Re: ESPN Jackson article - DRose just finished Step 1 on the road back to GREATNESS!

Good article

As for the usual crybaby haters.....

These hoes keep callin', I ain't pickin up.

I'm gonna go ahead and give myself an A for my NBA career. I'm not judging it on actually playing well but being able to get out on the court each day is an achievement worthy of the best grade possible.

Beta. As. ****.
    so you wouldnt give yourself an A for making the NBA? Its all about context and perspective, something you are not smart enough to comprehend.

Rose is trash

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Rose is trash
    Yeah the youngest MVP in the history of the game is trash. Yeah the guy with the $100 MILLION DOLLAR shoe deal is trash.

Damn, the hate on this fool is strong

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth11
    Yeah the youngest MVP in the history of the game is trash. Yeah the guy with the $100 MILLION DOLLAR shoe deal is trash.

Damn, the hate on this fool is strong

why do you still respond to this guy?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Rose is trash
    In.

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle

why do you still respond to this guy?
    Haa. You are so right Nathan. Because I have been so busy with work and haven't been able to post much so I sometimes forget who the true trolls and haters are. My bad. That dude is a waste.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    You obviously didn't read the OP.
    You know people are desperate when they have to change words to feel legit.
    Why is it that I know your favorite player of all time, or anybody on the history of your team was never Alpha enough to claim at 22 years of age to be claim the top individual prize in the league when a top five "player" of all time just hit his peak. How do I know that and can boast it without worry you can come back at me. It could be because I know you don't have a clue of what the word Alpha or Beta means and that you are just desperate.
    Probably the first time I have used that word on this site. But yeah I absolutely stand by it. If he comes out and says "I'm not playing to the standards I have set for myself and I know I have a lot of work to get done in order to lead my team to where we want to go." Then we are good. But he was playing against backups and had a horrendous tournament and said he gives himself an A. If that's an A for him the Bulls might as well start rebuilding now. Because they aren't winning **** with him laying at that level.

And **** his MVP. It was a joke. That teams bench had Taj, Asik, Korver, and Watson on it. He ranked 34th in the league and second on his team in RAPM. Like I said earlier, I don't care enough about him to hate. He was a good player years ago and I haven't seen anything in the last two years to suggest he isn't in the bottom 10 starting PGs in the league right now.

5-time NBA All-Star

Probably the first time I have used that word on this site. But yeah I absolutely stand by it. If he comes out and says "I'm not playing to the standards I have set for myself and I know I have a lot of work to get done in order to lead my team to where we want to go." Then we are good. But he was playing against backups and had a horrendous tournament and said he gives himself an A. If that's an A for him the Bulls might as well start rebuilding now. Because they aren't winning **** with him laying at that level.
    Everything in your life is relative to where you are in your life. An A here isn't going to be an A later in your life. He was one of the best in the world in what he does. This obviously isn't an A in his first USA competition. He's been rusty - he obviously has a different standard for what he's going through in his life now. High achievers set their own standard, the chatter of others means nothing to them.

You think any body on this board knows what's its like to be up there with the best, can school Rose on what standards he should have with his current challenges? His path, his decisions, his standards will have to do. The other stuff won't do him any good. You might give him a pointer on posting (to this board), but you are in a different universe when it comes to basketball.

ESPN just won't give up the hyping of Rose

Guess then they'd have to admit his 2011 MVP was a piece of media-manufactured bullshit.

never understood the hype behind rose.

Imo he is borderline unintelligent (interviews.. ).
    He can be easily game planned as an alpha (see fiba 2010, fiba 2014, series vs heat, etc). He has no real counter moves when the lane is clogged. No post game, no intelligent off the ball moves like tony parker, no steady outside shot.
    His defensive impact is nothing to talk about.
    And now he has a history of injuries but he won't change anything about the way he plays.

He is a great system player, I will give you that, it'll work great in the regular season against the worse teams.

But no way, NO WAY should he have won that MVP over lebron, howard, dirk, wade, kobe or durant who were much more instrumental in their teams success. Chicago's MVP has always been their defense (coach + bigs) and effort, as we could see in 2012 , 2013, and 2014.

College superstar

Maybe. But he makes pretty layups! Ooh!

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Everything in your life is relative to where you are in your life. An A here isn't going to be an A later in your life. He was one of the best in the world in what he does. This obviously isn't an A in his first USA competition. He's been rusty - he obviously has a different standard for what he's going through in his life now. High achievers set their own standard, the chatter of others means nothing to them.

You think any body on this board knows what's its like to be up there with the best, can school Rose on what standards he should have with his current challenges? His path, his decisions, his standards will have to do. The other stuff won't do him any good. You might give him a pointer on posting (to this board), but you are in a different universe when it comes to basketball.
    Good post, but way too intelligent for the average ISH poster. Rose looked pretty close to his old self in terms of athleticism, which is the most important thing. Everything else is a matter of just practicing and above else playing a lot of competitive games. The feel for the game will come back with time, so will his scoring skills.

For many ISH morons, there are two options for a basketball player to perform...you're either dominating, or getting schooled. Players are either GOAT, or total scrubs. Not much in between. Now here's a guy who basically hasn't played regular professional basketball for two years. Knee injuries have totally destroyed numerous athletes before and he's coming back, looking like he has a decent shot at getting back to his old athleticism. That has to be his main goal, that's why he has every reason to be happy and rightfully gives himself an A. If his athleticism is back, everything else will follow with time.

Real life is not some 2k14 bullshit, which some posters might not grasp. The rule of thumb is that with major injuries, it's not rare for players to need the same amount of time they couldn't play in order to get to 100% of their pre-injury abilities. Rose right now after major knee injuries is back to being one of the most athletic guards on the planet. ISH armchair quarterbacks are not impressed though? F*ck them.