Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    Serious playground baller ThunderKat's Avatar

Default Re: Chris Paul is starting to test my patience

He's in a slump. He played here in OKC when we had the Hornets and he would go hot and cold for several games. He will get back to form... I have no doubt.

Default Re: ClippersFan86 is starting to test my patience

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Not sure why you can't just disagree rather than make a full blown troll post while accusing me of trolling. You definitely made your point here! . Funny thing is... I defend all the players and I'm the most bias homer... but the minute I criticize one I get ripped apart anyways for trolling? Doesn't make any sense at all but can't say I'm surprised.

If anything the fact that I can separate players from my loyalty to the team should get me respect rather than criticism. I care about what's best for the TEAM and always have.
    I enjoy parodies and satires.

Seriously, it is a long season and clearly you're missing the forest for the trees.

Chris Paul has to develop chemistry as the point guard. He has to feed the ball to certain guys to get them going, so they will play inspired defense. DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin are young guys who need to be led around the nose on the court.

He can't just callously gun like Kobe.

Read a few books on how point guards operate the game - they're not exactly trying to win the game with each play. The bigger picture is to develop a strong contender that can win in the playoffs, and your homerism is preventing you from seeing that.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
    I enjoy parodies and satires.

Seriously, it is a long season and clearly you're missing the forest for the trees.

Chris Paul has to develop chemistry as the point guard. He has to feed the ball to certain guys to get them going, so they will play inspired defense. DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin are young guys who need to be led around the nose on the court.

He can't just callously gun like Kobe.

Read a few books on how point guards operate the game - they're not exactly trying to win the game with each play. The bigger picture is to develop a strong contender that can win in the playoffs, and your homerism is preventing you from seeing that.
    He's not doing that though. He's had a full season with Griffin and STILL isn't utilizing him the way he should. Clippers offense is at it's best when Griffin is getting the ball often. Passing to the wing players like Butler+Crawford isn't going to get it done. This team is not made to be a jump shooting team yet that's what CP3's creating lately. Last year when they actually PNR'd they were unstoppable at times yet what do they do? Stop PNR entirely this year. SMH....

He's not doing that though. He's had a full season with Griffin and STILL isn't utilizing him the way he should. Clippers offense is at it's best when Griffin is getting the ball often.
    False. Griffin doesn't have the mature game you imagine him to have. Fantasy basketball doesn't get wins.

Passing to the wing players like Butler+Crawford isn't going to get it done. This team is not made to be a jump shooting team yet that's what CP3's creating lately.
    Exactly where is "get it done" in your cloud-cuckoo land, when it has gotten them 1st place in the Pacific so far? It's true that Butler isn't himself or he shouldn't be starting ahead of Barnes at this point.

Last year when they actually PNR'd they were unstoppable at times yet what do they do? Stop PNR entirely this year. SMH....
    Teams have been siccin' their best wing defender on Chris Paul: Sefolosha in the Thunder game, LBJ in the Heat game, and Leonard in the Spurs game. This is the best method to negate Paul, and the pick-n-roll plays.

It looks more like a bad stretch than anything else.

False. Griffin doesn't have the mature game you imagine him to have. Fantasy basketball doesn't get wins.

Exactly where is "get it done" in your cloud-cuckoo land, when it has gotten them 1st place in the Pacific so far? It's true that Butler isn't himself or he shouldn't be starting ahead of Barnes at this point.

Teams have been siccin' their best wing defender on Chris Paul: Sefolosha in the Thunder game, LBJ in the Heat game, and Leonard in the Spurs game. This is the best method to negate Paul, and the pick-n-roll plays.

It looks more like a bad stretch than anything else.
    Didn't say Griffin has a mature game but when the offense runs through him and he's aggressive the team is easily at it's best. It's very common for Griffin to have 15+ in the first half... yet the team inexplicably stops going to him in the second half and turns into a 3 point bombing team. Maybe it's teams adjusting after halftime but it's stupid that the team doesn't stick to it's guns and CP3 is a root problem of the scheme.

Please don't be a sheep and say stupid sh** like "they are at the top of the Pacific". It's the weakest division in the NBA arguably. Warriors are only a HALF game behind the Clippers and the Lakers are a newly formed team yet to find it's groove. Before you know it the Clippers can easily be 3rd within a week or two if they don't fix these issues NOW.

Teams have been putting their best defenders on superstars since the inception of the NBA and it's no excuse. CP3 is talented and smart enough to beat longer, good defenders. He's making poor decisions PERIOD. Deferring to Jamal Crawford and Caron Butler for deep 3's? COMON DUDE. He must be held accountable. I'm not about to protect him even if he's the superstar on the team.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Blake Griffin is like Kevin Love, stats but no substance.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Who do you think is responsible to get him the ball in the 4th? CP3. Coach is yelling at him to get Griffin the ball every game yet instead he's taking bad shots or deferring to Crawford and Butler. The team needs to get it through their heads that we don't have enough pure shooters to be a perimeter team. Our bread and butter should be Griffin. Griffin doesn't help the situation by passing so much but they need to feed right back to him and MAKE him have to score.

I agree every superstar gets to have a bad month here or there but this was supposed to be the year of no excuse for CP3. Mostly healthy, LOADED squad next to him, more time to mesh etc.
    I sightly disagree. I watched a few of Clippers this year where CP3 would give him the ball. Griffin had a few open shots too or he can drive in for the dunk and get a foul. Instead he is looking to pass. But you are right that they don't really give him the ball that much in the 4th either. They should.

The Clippers won't get far unless Griffin is their focal point on offense. They should go inside and then out. I think they are fine with CP3 or Crawford closing games when they are hot or making a play, but Griffin should get the ball and score more in the 4th than he has been.

I disagree here. While I agree he doesn't have a mature game, the Clippers are at their best if they go inside and out with Griffin. The reason why is because he is a good passer and he could create for his teammates and they have a better of scoring with him attacking the basket than a jumpshot. Whenever they do have as the focal point in the offense, they look more fluid and better on offense than not. It was the same last year too. But CP3 was better at closing last year so far.

But no question that CP3 impact>Griffin's impact.

Good High School Starter notatop29pg's Avatar

Fancy a pg passing to a %90 free throw shooter over a 50% shooter down the stretch. Insanity. Even Vinny was benching Blake down the stretch last year.

Blake is as indecisive as Paul is passive. I reckon Blake hits 90% of his shots when he puts them up in rhythm. It's not Paul's fault Blake freezes half the time. Butler does it too... "Open 3... Pump fake, drive/travel/contested brick.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    I sightly disagree. I watched a few of Clippers this year where CP3 would give him the ball. Griffin had a few open shots too or he can drive in for the dunk and get a foul. Instead he is looking to pass. But you are right that they don't really give him the ball that much in the 4th either. They should.

The Clippers won't get far unless Griffin is their focal point on offense. They should go inside and then out. I think they are fine with CP3 or Crawford closing games when they are hot or making a play, but Griffin should get the ball and score more in the 4th than he has been.

I disagree here. While I agree he doesn't have a mature game, the Clippers are at their best if they go inside and out with Griffin. The reason why is because he is a good passer and he could create for his teammates and they have a better of scoring with him attacking the basket than a jumpshot. Whenever they do have as the focal point in the offense, they look more fluid and better on offense than not. It was the same last year too. But CP3 was better at closing last year so far.

But no question that CP3 impact>Griffin's impact.
    You make valid points and that's why I've acknowledged Griffin makes it worse by passing too much. Bottom line like you said is Clippers at their best are an inside/out team running the offense through Griffin. The 4th quarters of not giving Griffin the ball, especially when he DOMINATED prior needs to end. This guy has 15/8/3 for example at the half so why not feed and feed him? That's the one thing Baron was much better than CP3 at... feeding the hot hand.

Baron in general really played well with Griffin and now that he's gone and we have CP3 I realize it more than ever. Baron was always willing to throw risky lobs and Blake got them 90 percent of the time. Those easy dunks energize him and get his post game going. Baron also was better at letting Griffin handle the ball and attack more.

Quote Originally Posted by notatop29pg
    Fancy a pg passing to a %90 free throw shooter over a 50% shooter down the stretch. Insanity. Even Vinny was benching Blake down the stretch last year.

Blake is as indecisive as Paul is passive. I reckon Blake hits 90% of his shots when he puts them up in rhythm. It's not Paul's fault Blake freezes half the time. Butler does it too... "Open 3... Pump fake, drive/travel/contested brick.
    Another perpetuated myth. Blake Griffin was NEVER benched down the stretch in 4th quarters. Only in the playoffs when he was injured and physically couldn't give more than 80 percent. Griffin was the highest impact Clipper last year in terms of on and off court differential. The Clippers went to shit whenever he came out of games.

He's getting out of this passive streak already and it doesn't change the fact that he needs more shots and more touches.

Another perpetuated myth. Blake Griffin was NEVER benched down the stretch in 4th quarters. Only in the playoffs when he was injured and physically couldn't give more than 80 percent. Griffin was the highest impact Clipper last year in terms of on and off court differential. The Clippers went to shit whenever he came out of games.

He's getting out of this passive streak already and it doesn't change the fact that he needs more shots and more touches.
    He'll get as much ball as he wants when he's not a liability at the line. It's just too easy to take him out of the game that way. So many games were lost last season that would have been won with 70% from the line rather than 60%.

On a side note... How long do you think G.Hill will last with the Clippers? He never looks to pleased with what he sees out there. I think some of the clippers knuckleheads will drive him insane..

He'll get as much ball as he wants when he's not a liability at the line. It's just too easy to take him out of the game that way. So many games were lost last season that would have been won with 70% from the line rather than 60%.

On a side note... How long do you think G.Hill will last with the Clippers? He never looks to pleased with what he sees out there. I think some of the clippers knuckleheads will drive him insane..
    Hill will likely retire after this year or next.. and he interviewed the other night saying he loved what he's seen from the team . His free throw shooting is up about 10 percent from last year and will keep improving. It's still an issue but not rare for bigs used to bullying in the paint to be poor free throw shooters the first few years of their career.

Hill will likely retire after this year or next.. and he interviewed the other night saying he loved what he's seen from the team . His free throw shooting is up about 10 percent from last year and will keep improving. It's still an issue but not rare for bigs used to bullying in the paint to be poor free throw shooters the first few years of their career.
    Yeah Blakes got plenty of time... I just don't see him putting himself in the right position enough. Yeah he can dribble ok, but they've got Crawford for that. The starting 5 need to all be threats in a team offense. If he gets in a good spot (not just for lobs) he'll get plenty of ball. It's not all on Blake mind you.. But his lack of confidence is extremely obvious out there IMO, not sure why either.

Yeah Blakes got plenty of time... I just don't see him putting himself in the right position enough. Yeah he can dribble ok, but they've got Crawford for that. The starting 5 need to all be threats in a team offense. If he gets in a good spot (not just for lobs) he'll get plenty of ball. It's not all on Blake mind you.. But his lack of confidence is extremely obvious out there IMO, not sure why either.
    We've already agreed on this though. Blake has had way too many times this year where he's passing too much and not attacking. That being said the last 2-3 games it's improved. Last game he had 22/11/7 in about 30 minutes and was aggressive from the start having 19 at the half. Then the team stopped feeding him which is what I'm complaining about.

Didn't Paul say that if he isn't running someone has got to tell him? Well, who's telling him? Cuz he's snailing.

And it's just...Butler has to go. Plain and simple. He has to be traded. It doesn't matter what you get back. When Hill is back you have to get him in the lineup and trade Butler.

And honestly, Matt Barnes does well as a starter. I still have no idea why the Lakers benched him. When he started he played very well. Runs the court so well and plays defense, does the little things. But Butler cannot start.