Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-17-2007, 02:30 PM   #46
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Default Re: Melo "dominant" in team USA's first practice

Why Isn't team USA playing in the Tuto Marchand Cup? Looks like it would be some good preparation....

Argentina, Canada, Brazil and Puerto Rico.
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:38 PM   #47
Poseidon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP
Like it or not, this is Jason Kidd's team.

But according to the idiot in your avatar.....it's HIS team because he's the "#1 leader."
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:39 PM   #48
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

You guys are too wrapped up in the NBA career's these guys have. I don't see how anyone can compare Carmelo Anthony's skill-set/offensive approach to Kobe Bryant's and actually think Kobe will be the better player in a FIBA setting.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:56 PM   #49
IGOTGAME
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
You guys are too wrapped up in the NBA career's these guys have. I don't see how anyone can compare Carmelo Anthony's skill-set/offensive approach to Kobe Bryant's and actually think Kobe will be the better player in a FIBA setting.

Kobe and Carmello are the most skilled offensive players in the game...I checked threads from WCs and I dont think you even had Melo starting...Know what I knew Melo would be the best on the team...and Melo would have made a difference in the Olympics...

But Kobe has no holes in his game...understands the zone defense and how to attack them with more just scoring...If you watch the scrimmage you kobe attacking the zone with passes to high post...cuts to the short corner and improntu running the baseline..Melo can do all this to as well but isnt the passer Kobe is...Also Kobe brings a swagger that no one else on the team has...

They are about eqaul offensively in FIBA but the fact that Kobe is a much better defensive player and most importantly understands the concepts better makes him a slightly more valuable player..I dont think it matters though with stats because almost all the games will be blowout until we play Brazil, Argentina and possible PR.. Kobe wont try to do too much in blowout but if it gets close he'll do what is needed..Unlike Kobe, Melo only way to effect USA game is to attack so he should have more points because he will be in attack mode all the time like in the scrimmage, it isnt bad it is who he is now...

But I really dont want to argue against Melo because he is one of my favorite players and a great fit to FIBA..But having him play power forwards could make him look bad at the part of the game the is gonna get us gold, defense...

In Kobe you get a lock down defender, dead eye FIBA 3 point shooter, deadly slasher, and a playmaker, and clutch player all in one package....

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 08-17-2007 at 06:58 PM.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:07 PM   #50
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

I stopped reading once you said I didn't have Carmelo as a starter. You might want to go and re-read those threads.

Also, your entire view of Kobe is based on what you assume/hope he will do. He's totally unproven in true FIBA style games.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:12 PM   #51
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

this is "Jordan-Barkley Dream Team'92 lite".

Kobe's the best player in the world, and Melo will lead the team in scoring. both will shoot a great percentage and both should be the 2 main targets on Jason Kidd's radar.

the end.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:34 PM   #52
Uchiha_Hai
The Big Bang

I can't even begin to fathom how someone can compare a guy like Melo to the best player on the planet.

The offensive game level between Kobe and Melo is not slightly different, it's drastically different.

Carmelo scores a lot because he's always had help on his high tempo offense team and had a good PG to play alongside with his whole career.

Kobe is on another level.
Uchiha_Hai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:46 PM   #53
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Hai
I can't even begin to fathom how someone can compare a guy like Melo to the best player on the planet.

The offensive game level between Kobe and Melo is not slightly different, it's drastically different.

Carmelo scores a lot because he's always had help on his high tempo offense team and had a good PG to play alongside with his whole career..

do you even watch basketball, let alone Carmelo Anthony?

put Melo on a slow, half court team and he'd still get 29ppg on great shooting. He's one of the best offensive players in the world. He's the complete oldschool 80s/90s player.

But actually with your logic, Melo must be beyond incredible to somehow have a great post game when all of his points come from fast breaks in that high tempo offense, right?

the guy is one of the best fundamental players in the league and one of the best mid range shooters in basketball.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: