Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP
    Name one thing T-Mac or Vince can do better than Kobe. Kobe is a more talented shooter, finisher, passer, defender, leader, winner.... the list goes on. Vince may be able to jump a hair higher and is definitely a much more talented whiner, but that's about it. T-Mac doesn't have any skills anywhere close to Kobe's level.
    No competition

Kobe> Tmac VC

Superstar

btw, no one is born with anything. what you work for is what you get...

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    btw, no one is born with anything. what you work for is what you get...

If that was true MJ wouldn't be a better player than Kobe. Kobe works just as hard as MJ if not harder.

I rule the local playground dblockallstars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    If that was true MJ wouldn't be a better player than Kobe. Kobe works just as hard as MJ if not harder.
    who says he's better, give kobe a pippen type player n let's c what happens, jordan never had 81, jordan didn't have the long range game, plus jordan wasn't even the concensus best in his generation...some people argue magic w/ good reason....kobe is unquestionably the best in his generation, maybe ever.

Local High School Star bleedinpurple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dblockallstars
    who says he's better, give kobe a pippen type player n let's c what happens, jordan never had 81, plus jordan wasn't even the concensus best in his generation...some people argue magic w/ good reason....kobe is unquestionably the best in his generation, maybe ever.
    i wouldn't say "unquestionably". Shaq is in his generation. So is Iverson. Tim Duncan, who people are now saying is the best PF EVER (not sure I would agree). anyway, I think Kobe has competition for the best of his generation.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
    i wouldn't say "unquestionably". Shaq is in his generation. So is Iverson. Tim Duncan, who people are now saying is the best PF EVER (not sure I would agree). anyway, I think Kobe has competition for the best of his generation.
    snaq is just different, if u want 2 compare him 2 kobe then I'd say Wilt was better than JOrdan as far as best ever, but u just have 2 kinda ignore those 2 cats, b/c they're so big it's not even fair....as far as iverson, I don't think u can make much of a case 4 him bein better than kobe, n timmy never had like 30ppg seasons like kobe or jordan or iverson he's a superstar but his #'s tend 2 be in the solid range, but he makes guys better....la chose kobe over snaq....snaq scored like 3pts in a finals game....

snaq is just different, if u want 2 compare him 2 kobe then I'd say Wilt was better than JOrdan as far as best ever, but u just have 2 kinda ignore those 2 cats, b/c they're so big it's not even fair....as far as iverson, I don't think u can make much of a case 4 him bein better than kobe, n timmy never had like 30ppg seasons like kobe or jordan or iverson he's a superstar but his #'s tend 2 be in the solid range, but he makes guys better....la chose kobe over snaq....snaq scored like 3pts in a finals game....
    you could make a great case for Iverson...points, steals, assists, toughness, MVP. If he played w a Shaq, then he too would have rings.

Duncan has rings and MVPs, first team all-D. May well be the best player of this generation. In fact, hard to argue otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
    you could make a great case for Iverson...points, steals, assists, toughness, MVP. If he played w a Shaq, then he too would have rings.

Duncan has rings and MVPs, first team all-D. May well be the best player of this generation. In fact, hard to argue otherwise.
    ....iverson.... I mean kobe was the mvp yr so Im just gonna act like it's a waSH In that department, n Im pretty sure he was on more all D teams than Iverson, n Iverson dominates the ball so much that he never gave himself a chance 2 get a snaq type player b/c he never would have taken the back seat like kobe did, ud always have 2 get scrappers in there w/ him n let them do the dirty work while he scores all the points, n let's not forget his rant about practice - i.e he's not a good leader - imagine the effects that interview would have on a bynum or somebody...timmy really is aight but I don't c how he's better than kobe....kobe has as many ALL D I think, is a better scorer, can make FTs...1on1 dunc would get merked,...I mean he's gotta couple post moves, couple bank shots, a lil j, blocks some shots but come on, compared to 24's arsenal...no contest...plus when he didnt have admiral he had 2 other allstars so he hardly did it alone

anyway, it's not a gimme that Kobe's the best of his generation, just like it wasn't for Jordan.

Good High School Starter

who says he's better, give kobe a pippen type player n let's c what happens, jordan never had 81, jordan didn't have the long range game, plus jordan wasn't even the concensus best in his generation...some people argue magic w/ good reason....kobe is unquestionably the best in his generation, maybe ever.
    Now don't get me wrong, I love Kobe, but lets not forget the time periods that he and MJ played/play in. Michael Jordan played at a time when agressive, hard, defensive Basketball was promoted. He played in a time that was way way way looser on foul calls. MJ played in a time when Basketball was a phyisical game. Jordan put up amazing numbers for what he had to play against. I will agree, Kobe is a better shooter and dribbler than Mike was but that does not change what MJ accomplished.

Kobe plays in a league with way too many foul calls, no hand-checking, and less physical play. Kobe gets to go to the foul line a lot, too much even. I will agree and I have said this lots, Kobe Bryant is the Best Basketball Player in the World. He is simply the greatest. Kobe does everything on the Basketball court and his skill level is amazing. But if Kobe can score 81 in todays game, a case can be made for Jordan scoring 100. Jordan would go to the foul line so much it isn't even funny. IMO, Michael Jordan is the greatest Basketball player of all-time. Kobe is amazing but I still view Jordan as the better player.

This is a very tough subject and I have a hard time choosing sides in it.

Good High School Starter

Sorry Double Post... My bad.
    Last edited by AIR SETH; 09-01-2006 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AIR SETH
    Now don't get me wrong, I love Kobe, but lets not forget the time periods that he and MJ played/play in. Michael Jordan played at a time when agressive, hard, defensive Basketball was promoted. He played in a time that was way way way looser on foul calls. MJ played in a time when Basketball was a phyisical game. Jordan put up amazing numbers for what he had to play against. I will agree, Kobe is a better shooter and dribbler than Mike was but that does not change what MJ accomplished.

Kobe plays in a league with way too many foul calls, no hand-checking, and less physical play. Kobe gets to go to the foul line a lot, too much even. I will agree and I have said this lots, Kobe Bryant is the Best Basketball Player in the World. He is simply the greatest. Kobe does everything on the Basketball court and his skill level is amazing. But if Kobe can score 81 in todays game, a case can be made for Jordan scoring 100. Jordan would go to the foul line so much it isn't even funny. IMO, Michael Jordan is the greatest Basketball player of all-time. Kobe is amazing but I still view Jordan as the better player.

This is a very tough subject and I have a hard time choosing sides in it.
    well, all I'm saying is that I don't neccessarily think that mj is better b/c I mean when kobe had talent around him, (snaq) he won, obviously he didn't get the finals mvps, but w/e....so right now I c it as if he got an nba leadin rebounder n all d candidate like rodman n a hall of famer/top 50 guy like pip, then I c him emulating jordan's success....as far as jordan scorin 100 pts in his day, I think things would balance out b/c jordan might've gotten 2 the line alot but he'd only get like 1 or 2 three's so that'd b a huge gap, n then right now there's a lot of floppin so u can't just drive n drive all the time like mj, u have 2 take a lot more jumpers....even tho jordan was a good midrange guy he'd have 2 take like 70 shots, maybe make 40 of them, get 2 the line like 25 times, make 20....not an easy thing, especially when he would have pip who probably wouldn't b standing around like LO....so even if he had the ability the situation wouldnt have presented itself
    Last edited by dblockallstars; 09-01-2006 at 09:46 AM.

Decent college freshman LA.MJ&KB#1's Avatar

Default kobe

If Kobe career ended right now then, I have to say Jordan is the best player. But, this year Kobe turned 28 yrs old with 3 rings, thats already ahead of Jordan at that age. This guy have all Jordan skills and many more. Time will tell it all "Just wait and we will all see." Big respect for both guys.

An Icon Forever

Default Re: Kobe Bryant's Workout Schedule

After searching and searching, I finally found Kobe's workout schedule. Found it on another forum from an insider who supposedly got the training schedule from one of kobe's trainers who he met at the LA sports club. This was also backed up by another insider..so anyways, take it for what its worth but here it is:

This workout was the one that supposedly bulked kobe up and added alot of muscle:

Its called the 666 workout. 6 hours a day, 6 days a week, 6 months a year.

Consists of:
    2 hours of running
    2 hours of basketball
    1 hour of Cardio (boxing, jump rope, etc)
    1 hour of Weights which are listed below:

Day 1 & Day 4
    Bench press
    Lat pull-downs
    Incline press
    Military press
    Abdominal crunches

Day 2 & Day 5
    Lateral dumbbell raises
    Bar dips
    Tricep press-downs
    Bicep curls
    Abdominal crunches

Day 3 & Day 6
    Back squats/Front squats
    Leg curls
    Leg extensions
    Calf raises
    Abdominal crunches

Also an important thing to know is that Kobe focused on plyometric more than anything, which for those who dont know is a method to develop explosive power.

Bump.

Do you or anyone else believe Kobe will be able to maintain this type of training regimen since he is getting older and already has a lot of mileage?

I don't knwo if all that would be too much for him at this point. It seems borderline overtraining.

An Icon Forever

Default Re: Kobe Bryant's Workout Schedule

kobe's extreme work ethic = him not being as talented as other guys. good conclusion. rather than tellin us why you think so, you're makin an inference that since kobe works so hard, hes not as talented. nice.

you know why kobe works so hard? because he wont accpet failure. he thirves in what he does and he lives off of basketball. hes willing to go whatever distance it might be to be the best. he could easily lay back like wince and chill but he cant accept that..he doesnt want to waste his talents and abilities

I think what he is saying is, if Kobe is more talented than those guys wouldn't he be WAY BETTER than T-mac and Carter because of his work ethic and talent? It just seems even though Kobe works extremly hard, the other guys are just a step below him, when they should be much lower. What do you think? Imagine how good T-mac and Carter would be with Kobe's work ethic.