Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good college starter

Default The Rebuilding of the Kings

Since the moment Tyreke Evans took the floor in Arco Arena you could clearly see that it would be his team. Now that KM23 is gone, TE13 is now the face of the Kings.

Now that he is in his natural spot at SG, its time to look out for a PG and or Big Man in the 2010 Draft.

Are their any PGs and Big Men that you guys think will help turn around the Kings?

I like Greg Monroe from Georgetown, this dude is 6'10-6'11 who can score , rebound, and defend with the ball. He is also a very good passer in the post.

I like Sherron Collins from Kansas. A 5'11 PG that can really get up the floor. He is a score first PG but he will still find the open man.

Kalin Lucas from Michigan State is a 6'0 PG that kind of reminds me of Avery Johnson from his days with the Spurs.

Default Re: The Rebuilding of the Kings

I just hope the Kings don't become the New Heat.

I agree that we need a PG and BIG man. With the amount of cap room we could try and fill at least one of these positions in freeagency. but there are 2 guys that i like.

Derrick Favors, or Cousins. Some people are worried about cousins but this guy has the tools and size to be THE next dominant big man. I like favors as well but he is really anothe PF not a center. and i think we have 4 or 5 different guys on the team right now that can play the PF spot(landry, Thompson, Greene, Hawes, May). We are in much more need of a true 5. Could cousins be a bust? maybe. But he could be a 290 lbs beast of a center.

for the PG spot we will probably just wait until our second round pick. I dont see any reason for them to try and move up to get a PG at this point. For this pick i like Eric Bledsoe. I think this kid took a position at 2 guard because john wall was abeast and i dont know if he could challenge him. I see pure point guard all over this guy. also making the transition to the nba for him and cousins easier since there both from the same college team.

If these 2 guys fall our way i would be very happy with our draft. but neither one will have the instant impact that a good veteran would.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

teke ' AS YOU GUYS believe is a SG , I believe is a PG and just needs more time to become the 2nd / 3rd option on his team.

What I am wondering about is if Sac could acquire Haywood ?

The lane would be clogged , boards would be had , and easy weakside put backs would be had with Teke' running the PG.

They are obviously 2 players away from a great team , but 1-2 role players could really solidify their bench as well.

SG or PG. dont matter. because if u run another PG like Beno. the 2 is gonna cover Reke.

And since Bledsoe ran at the 2G spot playing with John Wall. Bledsoe even looks like a better pick. He also had a pretty good Shooting percentage at the guard shoot around.

What was funny is last year they started Greene in the 2G spot and hes 6'10. that is a big line up. lol.

Wow, haven't been in here in YEARS...Kings are going to Draft Monroe if Cousins is off the board. Apart of me still believes that even if he's available Geoff still selects Monroe

I haven't been on here for months but I figured I'd see if the ISH forums had anything interesting today and after seeing my old boy Perezident, I had to log in and say wasup

Ya. they might draft monroe if Cousins is gone. They seemed to kinda like him at the workouts. but i hope Cousins is not gone. But all this really depends on tommorw when Cousins and favors have a private work out for the kings. I guarrante Geoff wont really decide till last minute but he will have a real good idea after he gets to evaluate favors a cousins one on one tomorrow.

I really hope they draft Monroe. C-webb comparisons since high school. sounds perfect to me. Maybe trade Jason Thompson for a true center. Who I'm not quite sure. Perhaps go down in the draft by trading him and grab a guy who might be a bust. like Orton or Whiteside. Turn your front court into a very good looking one for the future. then worry about a point guard. Maybe get Greivis Vazquez in the second round?

Vasques is my second pick for the second round if wille warner is gone. mainly like warner because his out side shot is legit and we need our other guard to have that. but mixing a couple young drafties with possible character issues together with an already young team could be bad. but right now im still just hoping on cousins being available.

The Kings traded Nocioni and Hawes to the 76ers for Sam Dalembert.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Haven't been on here in days :

With Dalmberta' acquired in a trade it really doesn't change much.
    He is an expiring contract this next season , so Sac town can align their roster the way they want.

I think they should get 1 or 2 veterans to ride the pine , and guide youngsters the next couple years.

They are still 2 players away and with the open free agent market this summer ,should get those two vets cheap for the bench role playing.

Good college starter

Been watching a lot of college hoops lately and their are some PGs I've been watching that could be a good fit for the Kings. The Kings should look out for Kyrie Irving from Duke, Brandon Knight from Kentucky and Demetri McCamey from Illinois. Irving reminds me of Chris Paul and McCamey reminds me of Chauncey Billups and Mike Bibby.
    Last edited by idizzle; 12-13-2010 at 11:34 PM.

Good college starter

Kemba Walker from UConn is another PG to watch out for. He's a mix of Tim Hardaway, Iverson, and Ben Gordon.
    Last edited by idizzle; 12-13-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Saw a basketball once

Ominous sign for Paul Westphal. He had no idea team had made a trade. http://tiny.cc/lmlzh