Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Is Kendrick Perkins the worst starting center in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Wait, did you say that in another thread AFTER this game? And the last game? And the Rockets series?
    I'm going to watch the game tonight.

But I probably won't change the facts on players season/career based on a few games.

What I said isn't an opinion, it's actually factual.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I'm going to watch the game tonight.

But I probably won't change the facts on players season/career based on a few games.

What I said isn't an opinion, it's actually factual.
    There is absolutely no way any one with eyes and a brain could've watched the last two games, and the Rockets series and say Perkins has been anything but a net-negative in the playoffs. It's almost been at an alarmingly hilarious rate. The intangibles and little things he provides are being far outdone by the negative he's providing right now. That's not even up for discussion.

Gasol is a star player.
    Perkins is a role player. His role is explained above.
    Perkins only role is to play defense on big men....That's supposed to be his strong point. Look up and study Subjective validation, it's obvious you are biased when it comes to Perkins and will try to find any good from the pile of dog shit that is his play.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

RT @billbarnwell: Thunder are -14 with Kendrick Perkins on the floor these playoffs, +50 without.
    For the posters trying to say otherwise.

Oh and Memphis went on a 11-2 run the rest of the game when Perk checked in.

Banned

Gasol is a star player.
    Perkins is a role player. His role is explained above.

Dude OKC is better when he's off the court. Like, every time. How you would like to reconcile that with whatever your favorite "pro-perkins" stat is, that's up to you. But he sucks donkeyballs. Any above average defensive positioning he contributes compared to other bigs is more than offset by the fact his team has to play four-on-five on offense because he sucks so bad. And it's not like he's a rebound machine like a reggie evans.

joakim noah is supposedly a "role player" and he is 1,000x better than Perk. If Noah is a role player... there is nowhere left to go when classifying Perkins, other than useless scrub.

There is absolutely no way any one with eyes and a brain could've watched the last two games, and the Rockets series and say Perkins has been anything but a net-negative in the playoffs. It's almost been at an alarmingly hilarious rate. The intangibles and little things he provides are being far outdone by the negative he's providing right now. That's not even up for discussion.

Wait, did you say that in another thread AFTER this game? And the last game? And the Rockets series?
    Watched the first quarter and he has played good so far.

Im pretty sure in this series the thunder are -15 when perkins is on the floor and +50 when hes on the bench

If I recall, it was the second quarter and/or the third quarter where all hell broke loose. If you come back and tell me he played good in those two quarters, I'll know to never take anything you post seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ncrizzle
    Im pretty sure in this series the thunder are -15 when perkins is on the floor and +50 when hes on the bench
    I think that's the entire playoffs. It was highlighted by his magnificent, WOAT candidate 9 minute -17 performance in one of the games in the Rockets series.

He's been awful so far. I mean he's been bad in stretches before in OKC uniform, but he might be in the midst of his worst stretch ever right now, and it's coming at the absolute worst time because we don't have both of Westbrook and Durant on the floor to cover his massive flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    ]But he sucks donkeyballs.
    mmm, donkeyballs.

have you ever had? they are delicious.

Saw this on that other site that I'm not sure we're allowed to mention. Anyway, here's how awful Perkins has been in the playoffs....

2.2 PPG on 28% shooting (he's a f**king center), 40% turnover rate (again, he's a f**king center), and has a PER of -0.3. Not a typo, his PER is in the negatives.

Oh, and his ORtg is 60 and DRtg is 103. OKC is -43 per 100 possessions when Kendrick Perkins is on the floor; or -0.43 per possession Perkins is on the floor. This worthless fatass is almost making us a full 0.5 point worse every damn possession he's on the floor. Gasol is averaging 8 more PPG than his regular season average with better efficiency. Our f**king stringbean SF defended Gasol 100x better yesterday in the 4th quarter than Perkins has at any other time in the series.

Saw this on that other site that I'm not sure we're allowed to mention. Anyway, here's how awful Perkins has been in the playoffs....

2.2 PPG on 28% shooting (he's a f**king center), 40% turnover rate (again, he's a f**king center), and has a PER of -0.3. Not a typo, his PER is in the negatives.

Oh, and his ORtg is 60 and DRtg is 103. OKC is -43 per 100 possessions when Kendrick Perkins is on the floor; or -0.43 per possession Perkins is on the floor. This worthless fatass is almost making us a full 0.5 point worse every damn possession he's on the floor. Gasol is averaging 8 more PPG than his regular season average with better efficiency. Our f**king stringbean SF defended Gasol 100x better yesterday in the 4th quarter than Perkins has at any other time in the series.
    This is really alarming stuff. Good post.

Is this actually true? Why they don't start Collison and put limited mins on Perkins is beyond me. Hell even Thabeet should get more playing time. Awful awful player.