Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Leaders in most triple doubles missed since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Look mr Sarcastic, this thread is just some results i decided to show, its based on solely those facts you see above.... there is no "agenda" behind it, just results on who missed the most triple doubles.... its extremply simple... i thought maybe more would find it interesting (and as you can see above, some did)... if you dont like it then leave/ignore this thread or at least spare me your insulting posts while you are here....

I am not trying to be insulting, but you are insulting our intelligence by saying there is no agenda. We all know what it is.

I mean seriously, you are making a thread about near triple doubles, and don't even include this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDzRvZcFn48

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    I am not trying to be insulting, but you are insulting our intelligence by saying there is no agenda. We all know what it is.

I mean seriously, you are making a thread about near triple doubles, and don't even include this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDzRvZcFn48
    The only one who has an "agenda" here is you with your Lebron cynicism... this is just some results and i shouldnt be afraid to show it just because Lebrons name happens to be in it, now please stop derailing the thread... or well, continue to do so, but i wont respond... you are just wasting your and my time.. now if you want to talk about basketball i would be happy to talk with you, get back to me when you decided to do so...
    Last edited by pauk; 11-08-2012 at 03:10 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

The only one who has an "agenda" here is you with your Lebron cynicism... this is just some results and i shouldnt be afraid to show it just because Lebrons name happens to be in it, now please stop derailing the thread... or well, continue to do so, but i wont respond... you are just wasting your and my time.. now if you want to talk about basketball i would be happy to talk with you, get back to me when you decided to do so...
    Since you like to look up useless data, can you look up how many players have scored 20ppg every year of their career and made the playoffs every year as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Since you like to look up useless data, can you look up how many players have scored 20ppg every year of their career and made the playoffs every year as well?
    Isnt that contradictive? Its useless but you still want to see that "useless data"? Make up your mind? :)

Anyways, sure.. i could do that, but could you be more specific? 20 ppg in both regular season and playoffs their entire career? While being in the playoffs every season? That kindof sounds like probably nobody did... not even Wilt or Jordan...
    Last edited by pauk; 11-08-2012 at 03:28 PM.

You should add in how many made triple doubles they have just for curiosity sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenith
    You should add in how many made triple doubles they have just for curiosity sake.
    Sure!

Who wants to bet pauk doesn't even consider making this thread if LeBron wasn't able to be included?

at only 6'3" he averaged two seasons over 9 RPG, in a more modern era mind you... for that size he might be one of the best (if not the best?) rebounders ever...

those denver teams played at a break-neck pace, they were a novelty. all of their stats were greatly inflated. so while his per-game numbers look impressive, his advanced stats tell the truth

his TRB% shows that he was a very good rebounder for a guard, but not as good as his gaudy RPG numbers would indicate. he was still a great rebounder for a guard, just not as other-worldly as his per game stats indicate

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...der_by=trb_pct

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Who wants to bet pauk doesn't even consider making this thread if LeBron wasn't able to be included?
    Who cares?

Pauk obviously loves Lebron but his posts are always full of stats and facts.

I honestly don't understand why people hate Pauk so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenith
    Done! I included season+playoffs... as you maybe have guessed its Oscar Robertson as #1 all-time in terms of triple doubles made, with a ridicilous number of 181... those were only his regular season triple doubles mind you... and i cant even imagine how many he missed... and those were no 10-10-10s a la Jason Kidd... but more like 20/30-10-10s, 40-10-10s and even some 50-10-10s probably.... the guy was an absolute animal... For more triple-double stuff look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_(basketball)
    Last edited by pauk; 11-08-2012 at 03:50 PM.

National High School Star

I imagined maybe some more would find this interesting so i post it here, i got this idea last night when i saw Lebron missing yet another triple double, seeing him since his rookie year i remember him overall missing an abnormal amount of triple doubles (often due to blowouts, as in sitting out last minutes/quarter) so i decided to do a bit research including all players... unfortunately basketball-reference's gamefinder doesnt work further back than 1985, im 100% sure Oscar Robertson would be at the top.......

So, the criteria here is the player must had a double-double but missed a triple double with either 1-2 rebounds or assists or points etc. since 1985 (basketball-reference)

1. Lebron James - 76 missed triple doubles in 9 seasons (made a total of 41 career triple doubles, #7 all time)
    (45 triple doubles missed by 1-2 assists)
    (31 triple doubles missed by 1-2 rebounds)

2. Jason Kidd - 69 missed triple doubles in 19 seasons (made a total of 118 career triple doubles, #3 all-time)
    (21 triple doubles missed by 1-2 assists)
    (43 triple doubles missed by 1-2 rebounds)
    (5 triple doubles missed by 1-2 points)

3. Magic Johnson - 61 missed triple doubles in 7-8 seasons (made a total of 81 triple doubles during those seasons, actual career total is 138 triple doubles, #2 all-time)
    (11 triple doubles missed by 1-2 assists)
    (50 triple doubles missed by 1-2 rebounds)

4. Larry Bird - 54 missed triple doubles in 7-8 seasons (made a total of 37 triple doubles during those seeasons, actual career total is 59 triple doubles, #5 all-time)
    (35 triple doubles missed by 1-2 assists)
    (19 triple doubles missed by 1-2 rebounds)

5. Charles Barkley - 52 missed triple doubles in 16 seasons (made a total of 24 career triple doubles)
    (49 triple doubles missed by 1-2 assists)
    (3 triple doubles missed by 1-2 rebounds)

6. Fat Lever - 48 missed triple doubles in 9 seasons (made a total of 43 career triple doubles)
    (26 triple doubles missed by 1-2 assists) in
    (22 triple doubles missed by 1-2 rebounds)

7. Kevin Garnett - 47 missed triple doubles in 18 seasons (made a total of 19 career triple doubles)
    (46 triple doubles missed by 1-2 assists)
    (1 triple double missed by 1-2 rebounds)

8. Clyde Drexler - 40 missed triple doubles in 15 seasons (made a total of 25 career triple doubles)
    (25 triple doubles missed by 1-2 assists)
    (15 triple doubles missed by 1-2 rebounds)

9. Chris Webber - 38 missed triple doubles in 15 seasons (made a total of 22 career triple doubles)
    (35 triple doubles missed by 1-2 assists)
    (3 triple doubles missed by 1-2 rebounds)

10. Grant Hill - 37 missed triple doubles in 17 seasons (made a total of 25 career triple doubles)
    (27 triple doubles missed by 1-2 assists)
    (10 triple doubles missed by 1-2 rebounds)

CONCLUSION: As i guessed, Lebron has missed an unhealthy amount of triple doubles compared to anybody in a very short time.... hell not even Jason Kidd who has played much longer and has many more triple doubles than Lebron has missed that many triple doubles...

Kidd didn't miss as many triple doubles as LeBron because he actually got them. What kind of logic is being employed when it's being held up as a feat that one player didn't fall short of a many triple doubles as another, when he successfully reached a triple double almost three times as often? Failing to do something is more impressive than actually doing it now?

Quote Originally Posted by ThaRegul8r

Kidd didn't miss as many triple doubles as LeBron because he actually got them. What kind of logic is being employed when it's being held up as a feat that one player didn't fall short of a many triple doubles as another, when he successfully reached a triple double almost three times as often? Failing to do something is more impressive than actually doing it now?
    Doesnt mean anything really except for what those results say... that somebody missed more or less triple doubles, just a cherry picked criteria i was curious about finding out.... nothing significant really... see it that way and things will make sense.. I just wished there was data on this with Oscar & Wilt at least, Oscar im sure had a ridicilous number of missed TD's
    Last edited by pauk; 11-08-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Oscar would shit on this list, same with Wilt and possibly Jerry West if this went back further.

Did anyone click this thread not expecting a lengthy flame-war regarding Lebron?

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Charles Barkley