Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    I've pretty much lost all respect for Shaq. He's such a big baby. He gave Yao no credit for the game on Sunday. Said that Yao is "just big" and "doing what he is supposed to do". Look in the mirror Shaq. Where would you be without being "just big"? Not in the Hall of Fame.
    Ditto.

Decent playground baller KobeLookLike2Pac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JSub
    Actually, I dont think anybody's going to remember you by the end of the day.
    Perhaps, but he was the one who mentioned it.

Just like Yao Ming will not be remembered as the great player that you think he will, rather the Chinese player that got voted over Shaq in numerous all-star apprearances on pure hype and homerism.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeLookLike2Pac

Just like Yao Ming will not be remembered as the great player that you think he will, rather the Chinese player that got voted over Shaq in numerous all-star apprearances on pure hype and homerism.
    My goodness. Give the genius a trophy. PLEASE!!

Just like Yao Ming will not be remembered as the great player that you think he will, rather the over-hyped Chinese player.
    I guess I'll budge to one more of your stupidities before I go off to class:

Over-hyped Chinese player. That was his rookie season. That was his first season. That was his second season. That was his third season. That was his first half of the fourth season.

See what I'm trying to create here, a point of emphasis. Anaphora. Anyways, he has surpassed the "over-hyped Chinese player" model because he has already exceeded the expectations of doubters.

Now please just shut up already, go sit down, and play NBA Live, and shoot threes with Ben Wallace to keep you entertained.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    I guess I'll budge to one more of your stupidities before I go off to class:

Over-hyped Chinese player. That was his rookie season. That was his first season. That was his second season. That was his third season. That was his first half of the fourth season.

See what I'm trying to create here, a point of emphasis. Anaphora. Anyways, he has surpassed the "over-hyped Chinese player" model because he has already exceeded the expectations of doubters.

Now please just shut up already, go sit down, and play NBA Live, and shoot threes with Ben Wallace to keep you entertained.

wrong. Yao has deserved the overhyped label until the end of last year. He is the NBA's asian marketing marquee player. Ever since he entered the league the NBA has marketed him as one of the best players in the league when he wasnt. Hes FINALLY showing signs of living up to his expectations with some consistency, but its still early. Some of you Rocket fans need to take off those Rockets colored sunglasses and see reality.

Decent playground baller KobeLookLike2Pac's Avatar

Zach Randolph 27/10

Yao Ming 27/10

What's the major difference between them?

One has a billion homers backin him up.

NBA sixth man of the year

Zach Randolph 27/10

Yao Ming 27/10

No. One plays on a possible contender and one plays on a lottery team.

Pretty simple.

Zach Randolph 27/10

Yao Ming 27/10

Listen to the bullsht thats coming out of your mouth for second. You're comparing ZACH RANDOLPH to YAO MING.

ZACH RANDOLPH is the equivalent of YAO MING?!!?

I'm done with you, as should be every other true basketball fan reading this thread.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JSub
    Listen to the bullsht thats coming out of your mouth for second. You're comparing ZACH RANDOLPH to YAO MING.

ZACH RANDOLPH is the equivalent of YAO MING?!!?

I'm done with you, as should be every other true basketball fan reading this thread.

Sorry but Yao Miing isnt that much better than Zach Randolph. In fact the only reason it seems that way is due to the marketing hype Yao gets. Dont act like the NBA doesnt market Yao like their premier player. Zach Randolph gets no commercials, no NBA marketing hype, but thats why hes a underated star. You dont sign $40 mill contracts if you suck.

I'd rather have Yao than Randolph but the distance between them isnt nearly as large as NBA media portrays or a Rockets fan wants to pretend.

I usually hit open layups

Zach Randolph 27/10

Yao Ming 27/10

11% higher FG percentage and 1.4 more blocks per game

You dont sign $40 mill contracts if you suck.
    (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee
    Sorry but Yao Miing isnt that much better than Zach Randolph. In fact the only reason it seems that way is due to the marketing hype Yao gets. Dont act like the NBA doesnt market Yao like their premier player. Zach Randolph gets no commercials, no NBA marketing hype, but thats why hes a underated star. You dont sign $40 mill contracts if you suck.

I'd rather have Yao than Randolph but the distance between them isnt nearly as large as NBA media portrays or a Rockets fan wants to pretend.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eboloid
    (hahahaha)

Are you saying Zach Randolph sucks?

Do all of you just ride each others nuts in every thread?

I mean being a Rockets fan is one thing but just saying the same **** to agree with your board buddy's is ghey as ****.

This may shatter your worlds and everything you think you know about the NBA, but Yao is not that much better than Randolph, and Yao has been THE most overhyped player since he entered the L :rollingeyes:

NBA sixth man of the year

You dont sign $40 mill contracts if you suck.
    Adonal Foyle?

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee
    Are you saying Zach Randolph sucks?

Do all of you just ride each others nuts in every thread?

I mean being a Rockets fan is one thing but just saying the same **** to agree with your board buddy's is ghey as ****.

This may shatter your worlds and everything you think you know about the NBA, but Yao is not that much better than Randolph, and Yao has been THE most overhyped player since he entered the L :rollingeyes:
    You DO realize there are other posters defending Yao here who are NON-Rockets fans. And we all know for a fact Yao owns Zach in every way imaginable. Yao owns every center in the league and in the world. Did you forget he led the entire FIBA tournament in scoring?

And since when did a 27ppg, 10reb, 2 blks center become overhyped? How is Yao going to live up to "the hype"? Average 40ppg and 20 rebs? Name another center over 7'3 who's accomplished what Yao has accomplished. Name another international player who actually lived up to the expectations of a billion people. A man who represents not only the Rockets, but an entire country.

Just admit that you're a bitter Yao-hater who had his world SHATTERED when the sleeping giant finally woke up in the 2nd half of last season. Sorry, kiddo, but this man is for real and he's here to stay. The domination is FAR from over.