Page 1 of 37 123411 ... LastLast

Arrow 2018 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: (1) Toronto Raptors vs (8) Washington Wizards

Game 1: Apr 14 WAS @ TOR
    Game 2: Apr 17 WAS @ TOR
    Game 3: Apr 20 TOR @ WAS
    Game 4: Apr 22 TOR @ WAS
    Game 5: Apr 25 WAS @ TOR
    Game 6: Apr 27 TOR @ WAS *
    Game 7: Apr 29 WAS @ TOR *

* If necessary
    Last edited by insidehoops; 04-22-2018 at 08:46 PM.

Default Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: (1) Toronto Raptors vs (8) Washington Wizards

I just don't see the Wizards pulling off even a single win in this series. They have the necessary experience and talent to play with the Raptors but they are stricken with chemistry issues and John Wall isn't 100%.

Raptors are too focused and balanced whereas the Wiz can only play in spurts.

Toronto 4-0

Default Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: (1) Toronto Raptors vs (8) Washington Wizards

I honestly think the Raptors will engineer their first respectable playoffs run this year; the best predictor will be this series, which the Raptors should make haste with if so.

Even if the "Brick Brothers" falter in the playoffs yet again, it's not as if they live and (more often than not) die by their iso-play; there's a much better sense of direction on the Raptor's offense and more systematic ball movement, meaning they shouldn't suffer the same ruts as long as the rest of the team continues to execute.

Lowry and DeRozan will obviously need to step up to the plate if they want to make the Finals, but they should be able to take care of their business until then without being tasked to a Game 6/7 as was the case with all underdogs they've played.

If the Raptors dispatch the Wizards, then maybe we can start re-evaluating them; otherwise, if they labor through this series, we can probably conclude that they're the same paper tigers.

Bottom-line prediction: Raptors in 5 until further notice.

Local High School Star DJMcDonald's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naero
    I honestly think the Raptors will engineer their first respectable playoffs run this year; the best predictor will be this series, which the Raptors should make haste with if so.

Even if the "Brick Brothers" falter in the playoffs yet again, it's not as if they live and (more often than not) die by their iso-play; there's a much better sense of direction on the Raptor's offense and more systematic ball movement, meaning they shouldn't suffer the same ruts as long as the rest of the team continues to execute.

Lowry and DeRozan will obviously need to step up to the plate if they want to make the Finals, but they should be able to take care of their business until then without being tasked to a Game 6/7 as was the case with all underdogs they've played.

If the Raptors dispatch the Wizards, then maybe we can start re-evaluating them; otherwise, if they labor through this series, we can probably expect the same paper tigers.

Bottom-line prediction: Raptors in 5 until further notice.
    No one's reading your bs. Wizards in 7, /Thread.

Local High School Star

People are massively overrating the Raptors and it's going to look embarrassing. Have the Wizards underachieved this season? Sure. Have they been erratic chemistry-wise? Sure. Have the Raptors played against Wall this season? No. Does Wall look fast as hell again? Yes. Beal and Wall could easily show up and make Lowry/Derozan look like punks.

raps in 6

OP you forgot to put Beastern conference 1st round in the title.

Can you edit that please?

Wiz is actually a better team than number 8 seed would suggest, so they might win a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Wiz is actually a better team than number 8 seed would suggest, so they might win a game.
    The Wizards are ****ing awful and their best players are hated within the team. Then again, it's the Raptors so I'd fully expect it to go 7.

NBA sixth man of the year

The Raptors have lost 10 straight game 1's? 6 at home? WTF, did that I hear that correctly?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

As much as I **** with the Raptors lack of playoff success you would have to assume they beat the Wizards in 5 or 6 at worst right?

Wall can win the Wizards one game. And Beal and Porter can probably win another on a good shooting night. But I wouldnt expect Toronto to actually lose the series even thought the Wizards should have been better than 8th seed.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    As much as I **** with the Raptors lack of playoff success you would have to assume they beat the Wizards in 5 or 6 at worst right?

Wall can win the Wizards one game. And Beal and Porter can probably win another on a good shooting night. But I wouldnt expect Toronto to actually lose the series even thought the Wizards should have been better than 8th seed.
    Porter's hurt isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by DJMcDonald
    No one's reading your bs. Wizards in 7, /Thread.
    It was an accurate summary.

I could still see Raps losing game 1yet again but then winning in 5 or 6.

Raptors just don't win game 1s for whatever reason

Raps should win this series, Wizards will put up a scare as always.

Raptors choke... in... 5