Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

Default Re: Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks @ 4pm EST [GAMETHREAD]

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    We'll see. I think the FT rate is in part low because we get some many open looks inside and defenders just don't foul. Lebron is attacking the rim less with AD on the court so no wonder his FT rate is down but he'll play more minutes and get more FTs come Playoff time, he's still a heck of an athlete.

We actually have a decent 3PT% and dominate the paint and don't turn the ball over much, I think that's more reliable than volume 3-point shooting when game-planning for a team in a 7-game series. We'll get our looks inside because we'll outmuscle our opponents, we can get more stops and control the flow of the game better than any other team right now. We're sort of like the Ravens of the NBA where we play a style different to most teams in the league because of our personnel and it works because we have the pieces to do it.
    good points. your guys defense is great and that can always win games. It's been pretty surprising honestly. I thought philly and jazz were obvious choices and phillys been kind of disappointing there.

I agree with reliable and being harder to gameplan for and that's good for talented teams. The thing with variance is it can be a positive for a less talented team. For example, I think on average the jazz shouldnt beat the lakers or clips but if bojan goes 7/10 from 3 they could possibly beat anyone. In the playoffs losing by 15 instead of losing by 5 doesnt really matter but obviously winning by 5 instead of losing by 5 matters a lot.

The question is also is that solid playstyle more effective than say houston's extreme volume shooting even if it's easy to gameplan for. You still cant really stop harden's stepback unless you do what mil and utah did last year and that opens up shots for role players. He usually shoots worse in the playoffs but there's a decent chance he can shoot well for one series.

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    THE MAVS are legit ladies and gents.. Luka was good but it was DELON Wright who actually impressed me the most.. The MAVS played great even when Luka was on the bench.. They have great shooting on that team..

Luka is better offensively than Bron was in his second season and better than MJ was in his 4 and 5th season.. I mean the rules def help out and the fact that he has shooters all around him on that team does as well .. BUT HE IS GOING TO BE THE GOAT OFFENSIVE PLAYER WHEN HE IS DONE.. Right now HARDEN has to be the best though..
    Luka played professionally a few years before entering the nba. Lebron and Jordan didn't. So Luka is playing with much more professional basketball experience than LeBron/MJ in their 2nd seasons or even 5th seasons

Luka is better offensively than Bron was in his second season and better than MJ was in his 4 and 5th season..
    Luka hasn't played one postseason game...yet he is "better on offense" than Jordan?

1989 and 1990 Jordan?!?

Yeah...you either abuse drugs or are a half-breed of some sort.

we have some people who really like hyping up young guys huh.

Saying luka's better than 87 jordan is already kind of a stretch but not blasphemous. 89 and 90 jordan definitely is however Lol

Jordan would get shut down by today's superior defenders and coaching

Luka has already surpassed Jordan