Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Draft Talk!

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Draft Talk!

Yeah, I'd like to package all of those picks. If we could put together something with Amir and those picks to get someone good that would be nice. Otherwise hopefully we'll get lucky with at least one of those picks. Joe D said he already thinks that all of the 2nd rounders will be playing over seas next year and none probably have a shot at making the squad. Of course that is what he does with 2nd rounders every year. The guys they drafted last year are supposed to play in the summer league this year again too.

Stern+refs=fail

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Yeah, I'd like to package all of those picks. If we could put together something with Amir and those picks to get someone good that would be nice. Otherwise hopefully we'll get lucky with at least one of those picks. Joe D said he already thinks that all of the 2nd rounders will be playing over seas next year and none probably have a shot at making the squad. Of course that is what he does with 2nd rounders every year. The guys they drafted last year are supposed to play in the summer league this year again too.
    I wouldn't mind trading Amir, I don't like his contract that much. We better get something decent in return though.

http://blog.mlive.com/fullcourtpress...ngton_sho.html

very interesting scenario here. if this were to go through and rip is traded, it opens up a lot of options. with the 5th pick, we could draft harden like it says, or we could even go for jordan hill and bolster our frontcourt. we get nick young as a solid young talent to eventually fill rip's shoes, and more money off the books when mike james's contract expires.

NBA lottery pick

I think it would take more than that for Joe D to trade Rip or Tay. He said today he isn't interested in trading either of those guys. He would need a superstar in return if he makes a deal. That trade doesn't give us an all-star in return. I don't like just potential. Rip and Tay are proven.

Stern+refs=fail

I think it would take more than that for Joe D to trade Rip or Tay. He said today he isn't interested in trading either of those guys. He would need a superstar in return if he makes a deal. That trade doesn't give us an all-star in return. I don't like just potential. Rip and Tay are proven.
    Hmm, maybe if we could trade Amir+2nd rounders up for the 2nd or 3rd pick I would do it. Draft Thabeet, Sign Boozer AND Gordon. You get an expirir, a top pick, and I like Nick Young. Rip is clearly better than Gordon but with our cap space he is replacable.

Thabeet
    Boozer
    Prince
    Gordon
    Stuckey

Young
    Brown
    Afflalo
    James
    Maxiell
    Bynum
    Herrmann/Sharpe???

NBA lottery pick

That's not bad but here's the thing. You're essentially trading Rip for Thabeet. I don't see that as being a good move. Thabeet could be a bust. He had a hard time scoring against smaller college players. That usually doesn't translate into being able to put points on the board in the NBA. Look at how that has treated Oden so far. I don't like moving up in this draft. There just isn't enough talent. I think Joe D has already said he has no plans to try to move up too.

Stern+refs=fail

That's not bad but here's the thing. You're essentially trading Rip for Thabeet. I don't see that as being a good move. Thabeet could be a bust. He had a hard time scoring against smaller college players. That usually doesn't translate into being able to put points on the board in the NBA. Look at how that has treated Oden so far. I don't like moving up in this draft. There just isn't enough talent. I think Joe D has already said he has no plans to try to move up too.

Hmm, maybe if this is fantasy basketball, but it's not. Mike James is a $6.5 million expirir next year (I think) which could mean could trade bait for the teams after Lebron, Bosh, etc. Or we could just use that cap space next year. Thabeet is a defensive beast, I think everyone knows that. THAT IS WHAT WE NEED! That is the hole that has not been filled since Ben left (Yeah, Ben didn't have a hard time scoring at all )

NBA lottery pick

Ben was a heck of a liability on the offensive end, as much as I liked him. I still think we end up with Mullens. Who knows he may end up being better than Thabeet. This draft is only as deep as those two at that position though.

Stern+refs=fail

Ben was a heck of a liability on the offensive end, as much as I liked him. I still think we end up with Mullens. Who knows he may end up being better than Thabeet. This draft is only as deep as those two at that position though.

How? He might have gotten offensive rebounds but Thabeet can do that to. Ben never averaged 10 ppg a season his entire career. But yeah, Mullens and Thabeet are pretty much the only two Centers from this draft you'll see in the future. But this is a weak draft and in a normal draft he probbaly wouldn't be a top 4 pick, but I think it was cost us a lot more to get the 4th pick if this was a decent draft pick. So i guess the trade offer is not bad it's just we don't really want the 4th pick. we could trade it for a good player but that would take a large hit in our cap space to sign some of the top end free agents this year. I'm fine with the 15th pick if they get Mullens or Hansbrough, otherwise I would probably be upset. We need a starting center really bad but I guess this is just not the year (....again)

NBA lottery pick

Any changes that will make the team drastically better will need to be done through free agency and/or trades. There's isn't a player in this draft that is better than Boozer, Lee, Okur, or Bosh (if he's available). For the Wallace thing I just meant teams never had to guard him. It was 4 on 5.

Stern+refs=fail

Any changes that will make the team drastically better will need to be done through free agency and/or trades. There's isn't a player in this draft that is better than Boozer, Lee, Okur, or Bosh (if he's available). For the Wallace thing I just meant teams never had to guard him. It was 4 on 5.
    That is a bit of a stretch to say since no one even knows that till we see them play, but we should go after those proven Big men. I can't see Lee coming here though.

NBA lottery pick

I really think that besides Griffin there isn't a player that will have a big impact on a team this year like an OJ Mayo, Brooke Lopez, Kevin Love, Derrick Rose, Michael Beasley, etc etc. Maybe a few years down the road but that doesn't help a team now. For a team to get significantly better this off season it won't be done through the draft. It will be done through free agency and trades. It's just a weak draft.

NBA lottery pick

I just read a mock draft on yahoo that has us taking Jennings with our pick. I really didn't want a PG in this draft but if he falls out of the lottery it would be very intriguing to pick him up.

Stern+refs=fail

I read a mock draft in '03 that had us taking Carmelo. If only, if only... But the "experts" that do mock drafts have no idea who a team will take past pick #5 every year in pretty much every sport, so I don't really pay attention to them.

Stern+refs=fail

Austin Daye?......

Trade the Pacers Daye+2nd rounders for Hansbrough